Hitler's Mustache

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

7 posts / 0 new

Hey Thom,

Not sure if it is true, but it would seem to be. I was watching an intriguing program, "WWII in Colour," a British program. They indicated, Hitler had a beard, and long mustache during WWI. He experienced a mustard gas attack, and could not get his gas mask to seal to his skin, and nearly died. He shaved his beard, and shortened his mustache to insure the mask would seal to his face.

rick1960

Comments

I swear, I thought this was going to be a douglaslee post. ;-)

Anyway, the story I'm finding is that he had only a fancy Prussian mustache during WWI, not a full beard. In any case, I can't find any pictures, except doctored ones, of him in a full beard, but I may have missed them. Have you found any?

Another "toothbrush"-style mustached Nazi (appointed by Adolph himself), Erich Koch. After Hitler the style went out of fashion, for some unknown reason, but fascism lives on...

Zenzoe

I was convinced this was douglaslee's doing as well.

I found one early pic of Adolph, but it was probably before WWI:

http://nonciclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:Baby-hitler.jpg

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote Laborisgood:

I was convinced this was douglaslee's doing as well.

I found one early pic of Adolph, but it was probably before WWI:

http://nonciclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:Baby-hitler.jpg

LOL! That's hilarious. He looks like the baby Glenn Beck too.

Zenzoe

Why is there no other people with the last name Hitler. Was he the only one?

Legend
Quote Legend:

Why is there no other people with the last name Hitler. Was he the only one?

I read somewhere that the name was fairly common before WWII, but people began changing their names, because of the association with Adolph.

I used to rent my extra room out and once received a response to my ad from a guy named Gary Hitler. Short story: he didn't become a roommate.

Zenzoe

OMG, oh please guys ... maybe I had too much candy, but I'm rolling with laughter on this one. Vat's next, a new Donald Duck (featuring DARK SIDE DICK CHENEY OR DER DONALD mit sehr grossly BAAD hair und NuuuYawwk axcent) film called "Der Führer's Beard"?

Ahhhhhh, wouldn't they make for grand entertainment value, both in uniforms and wearing picklstaubers? How 'bout the Horst Wessel lied or Badonweiller Marsch for "background musik?"

Steven.PBarrett

The Supreme Court Broke Politics - How Do We Now Reform the Supreme Court?

Thom plus logo We complain about the state of American politics; about a mentally ill billionaire in the White House and a Republican Party crawling with hustlers and conmen, and a few in the Democratic Party as well. The complaints are legitimate, but most people don't realize why the situation is as bad as it is.