Justice withheld is justice denied in GMO case

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

8 posts / 0 new

This is the first time I have heard of this website called GM Watch. There is an article that has been covered by several other sites that brought me back to this site which also has a link to the original document they are refering to.

Apparently in breif, the voters of Maui voted to stop all GMO and pesticide experimentation being carried out my Monsanto and Dow. Of course they ended up in court over it and that is where I will leave you so you can read the rest of the article and also check out the site.

http://gmwatch.org/index.php/news/archive/2015-articles/16076-revealed-a...

Are there any attorneys out there that can look into this and help?

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

Good luck, hope somebody can help. I don't know any lawyers myself or have any contacts in that area.

These corporations are out of control. .ren posted some info about Weyerhauser's abusive relationship to his bioregion. Robert Reich recently wrote about Georgia Pacific leaving the Fort Bragg area ravaged. At least there is some potential to rehabilitate the land. Who knows what will happen if Monsanto gets its way in Maui.

nimblecivet
Quote nimblecivet:

Good luck, hope somebody can help. I don't know any lawyers myself or have any contacts in that area.

These corporations are out of control. .ren posted some info about Weyerhauser's abusive relationship to his bioregion. Robert Reich recently wrote about Georgia Pacific leaving the Fort Bragg area ravaged. At least there is some potential to rehabilitate the land. Who knows what will happen if Monsanto gets its way in Maui.

Gosh I hope someone out there is paying attention and has some power to do something! We keep getting trampled on by corporations!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

This is exceptionally pleasant and respectable post....You shook posting it....Thanks a considerable measure for posting it....!!!!

J0hn

Patrick9's picture
Patrick9
Quote MrsBJLee:.... Of course they ended up in court over it and that is where I will leave you so you can read the rest of the article and also check out the site.

So the voters of Maui went to court against Monsanto without any lawyers?

stwo's picture
stwo
Quote stwo:
Quote MrsBJLee:.... Of course they ended up in court over it and that is where I will leave you so you can read the rest of the article and also check out the site.

So the voters of Maui went to court against Monsanto without any lawyers?

No you got it wrong. Did you read the article? Of course they have lawyers. The problem is information is being kept from those lawyers and I am hoping to draw this case to the attention of someone outside of the case who knows the law, that might have information that would make their "sealed" information available for Maui.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

So you are thinking that the lawyers handling the case don't know the law? Or you are just thinking that there is some random lawyer reading theses message borads who is smarter than the ones on the case?

stwo's picture
stwo
Quote stwo:

So you are thinking that the lawyers handling the case don't know the law? Or you are just thinking that there is some random lawyer reading theses message borads who is smarter than the ones on the case?

You never know who's reading this board!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

How To Bring Back A Middle Class

Thom plus logo From the 1930s to the Reagan Revolution, America grew the largest and most robust middle class in history. Along with strong unions, the main driver of that was that people earning more than about $10 million in today's money confronted a top tax rate of 91% until the 60s, and 67% until Reagan came into office.