Life....precious life! Watch it live! Capture an image too!

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

13 posts / 0 new

I just had to share this link with you all. It will take you to a hummingbird nest that currently has two egg's in it (April 1st) and this is not an April fools joke.

From that page you and check out so many other webcams to watch other wildlife living as they do in the wild. It's so cool to be able to enjoy this right from your home!

http://explore.org/live-cams/player/bella-hummingbird-nest

ENJOY! :-)

Just so you don't miss it.....look at the top right corner of the screen shot and you will see a camera. If you click on that camera it will actually take a photo of what you are viewing. You then can email it to yourself or to others and I believe you also can post it on your Facebook page. It's really cool! Look below the screen and you will see so many other webcams you can watch also. DO ENJOY!!!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

I loved it! Those babies are so dang cute, they had me smilin' from ear to ear. I thought my face would crack from all that smilin'.

I've never seen baby hummingbirds before. Judging from Bella, they seem to be great at parenting.

Aliceinwonderland's picture
Aliceinwonderland
Quote Aliceinwonderland:

I loved it! Those babies are so dang cute, they had me smilin' from ear to ear. I thought my face would crack from all that smilin'.

I've never seen baby hummingbirds before. Judging from Bella, they seem to be great at parenting.

I'm so glad you enjoyed them. Watching them grow will be cool. There are so many other animals and sites to check out too. Did you scroll down to see what other webcams you can visit? I love the fact that I can check out the Northern Lights and watch bears trying to catch salmon, babie hummingbirds and panda's in China, all from my computer at home in seconds! It's pretty cool!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

When you visit the site please notice there is an icon of a camera on the right top section of the screen that you are viewing. If you CLICK on that CAMERA you ACTUALLY TAKE A PHOTO of what you are seeing and are able TO EMAIL IT OR POST IT TO FACEBOOK or other sites!!!

I just emailed it back to myself! It's pretty awesome!!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

One of the two hummingbird nests actually has two babies that look like they are ready to leave the nest. In fact one of them is on the nest and the other is on a branch being fed by it's mother.

The other nest still has tiny babies.

I hope you have visited some of these sites and enjoyed taking photos too! If you have not visited please refer to the link I posted at the very beginning of this topic. You are in for a treat! :-)

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Wow...the baby hummers are growing FAST!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

The picture's all black !

Oh well. It figures. It gets dark in a hummingbird's nest late at night. LOL !

I've watched a humming bird nest before, but never peeked inside. I guess I'll check it out tomorrow.

I was trimming a large bird of paradise bush today, and a hummingbird came up and started feeding off the flowers. I was surprised. I didn't know that bird of paradise flowers had nectar that humming birds could drink. It was interesting to watch the bird feed off the bird shaped flowers, which are several times larger than the hummingbird itself.

I hope to have my camera handy the next time.

Sacramento Dave's picture
Sacramento Dave

I don't know what time you checked in but it would be dark at night. They don't supply any artificial lighting. We wouldn't want to disturb them. When you do go on the site though be sure to take a photo with the camera that is on the right hand side of the screen! You can email the shot to yourself or others and put it on Facebook if you're a member. The hummer babies are growing pretty quickly.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

OH my gosh I just captured a cute shot of the mother hummer feeding the babies! Anyone else get good shots?

I wish I could post one of the shots here! Those babies are growing fast! It almost looks like they can barely fit in the nest!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Just checked in on the hummingbird babies! They are going to leave the nest for sure in the next couple of days! MAYBE EVEN TODAY!!!

GO TO THE FIRST POST AND CLICK ON THE LINK BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Hummingbird babies are gone and I see the mother on her nest again. I wonder if there are eggs under her. If you happen to catch her off the nest please post what you see.

I hope I'm not the only one enjoying the site!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

OMG there are babies AGAIN!!! Go back to the 1st comment, click on the link and check out the hummingbird nest! THERE ARE 2 BABIES in the nest again!! That's AWESOME!!

Don't forget you can take a photo by clicking on the camera icon and then you can email it to others or yourself! Scroll down on that page and you can visit other animals or sites.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Finally! The ospreys are on their nest! I don't know if there are eggs yet but at least they are back!

http://explore.org/live-cams/player/osprey-nest

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

"The Saddest Thing Is This Won't Be Breaking News"

Thom plus logo As the world burns, and more and more fossil fuels are being used every day planet-wide, atmospheric carbon dioxide levels passed 416 ppm this week at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii. In the 300,000 years since the emergence of modern humans, carbon dioxide levels have never been this high.