Need a Prayer for a Cure

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

13 posts / 0 new

I have just been diagnosed with a moderately differentiated T2a prostate cancer. My urologist says that I can safely put off definitive treatment (surgery – not gonna do it; or radiation) for 6 months. That gives me some time to explore alternative treatments.

The absence of human trials notwithstanding, the anecdotal accounts are encouraging enough (especially when compared to the scary, quality-of-life, side-effects) that I am not going to try radiation until I have given medical cannabis a full trial. Thank god I live in Colorado, right! I am going in to meet with the Cannabis M.D., to get my medical cannabis card, today.

Thank you, all, in advance, for sending your thoughts, prayers, and good intentions my way.

Peace,
Steve

Steve.I.Am's picture
Steve.I.Am

Comments

Scary times, Steve. Do get several medical opinions. Cannabis may make you feel better but I don't believe any qualified physician would suggest it as a cure. Make a rational decision based on competent advice.

Alberto Ceras 2's picture
Alberto Ceras 2

Sorry to hear it, Steve.I.Am! I hope you pull through this and hope the MJ helps!

Palindromedary's picture
Palindromedary

What to say?

Best of luck man......

rs allen

Steve, thanks for sharing this news with us. Damn cancer. I do know the personal trials —emotional, psychological, spiritual— in dealing with it can be difficult; still, one can live many, many wonderful years after a diagnosis. I'm not big on prayer, but you have my hopes and wishes for the best possible outcome.

Zenzoe

I have and will pray for you Steve. May you find the path that works for you. Multiple opinions are always wise. I went through extensive chemo, radiation and surgeries for my cancer and have made it through to the other side and have no regrets. I understand the reluctance to definitive treatments, but could never advise someone to not consider them as they were a successful path for me. Godspeed to you Steve in finding the path that works for you.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

Good luck, Steve, and wise counsel. Let us know how you get on.

SueN's picture
SueN

best wishes Stev-Iam-o, be vigillant, and I gotta say, when it comes to dealing w/docs, ins, the whole f'ing system, yougotta flat out be combative. Don't let any of the bastids guide you in a direction your "gut" disagrees with. THIS is a time for intuition, damned the torpedoes. Fight fight fight, and find a trusted ally/allies to fight for you when you're not up for it, as you may find yourself feeling time to time. FIGHT!!! Fight for yourself! Hard as it is. If your "gut" says.....nuh uh, follow your "gut" and fight!!!!! (and I'm mostly a paccifist, so....)and for yourself, LOVE LOVE LOVE. Don't give up, you are loved and beloved. Best wishes, man, meditations to you. We love you, man!

michellekovalik's picture
michellekovalik

Steve,

My prayers, also, will be with you.

I don't know if you believe that you are forever young in spirit, but that is a good image to hold onto after hearing a disturbing diagnosis from a doctor. It opens the doors for a person to actively love and approve of themself, to rejoice in their own power and in their own masculinity (which prostate represents) ... and, consequently, to the focused synchronicity that is neccessary for miracles to occur.

May you fill your heart with forgiveness, and your life with joy!

God Bless You!

Karolina

Karolina's picture
Karolina

Dear Ones,

I am thankful for all of the thoughts, prayers, good intentions and meditations - all of the love - that you have sent my way. I know that we are all part of the divine oneness, and that healing and health are already mine.

And so it is, Amen.

Peace,
Steve

Steve.I.Am's picture
Steve.I.Am

From my Prostate Cancer/Medical Marijuana Treatment blog (http://www.thomhartmann.com/users/steveiam/blog/2015/05/my-prostate-cancermedical-marijuana-treatment-blog),

5/24/2015 - 1/8 gram, CBD oil (17:1 CBD to THC), 7:45 a.m. -

Colorado Move to Amend was a co-sponsor of the March Against Monsanto, Denver, so I got to spend the morning “tabling” for Move to Amend, talking to people - not only about how we need to amend the Constitution to say “Corporations are NOT People!” and “Money is NOT speech!” if we want to re-establish true small “d” democracy in this country; but about life in general.

I like talking to people. As a sponsor, I also got to address the crowd (of about 200 people) for about 7 minutes . . . so that was like "icing on the cake" for me.

11:30 a.m. After whipping the crowd into a very minor frenzy, I went back to working the table again. It was there that I met a young family – a dad, a mom, and their 2 young children, including a 3 year old named Hannah. In talking to them, I learned that they were marching against Monsanto because Hannah had developed a rare Stage 4 Cancer after exposure to glyphosate – the main toxic ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup.

Talking to the parents some more, I learned that they had moved to Colorado, from Iowa, so that they could get access, for Hannah, to “Rick Simpson” oil – aka "Simpson's Tears" - high dose full plant extract cannabis oils, which, when taken orally for three months, has been reported to have cured people of cancer.

According to Hannah’s parents, they did not think twice about coming to Colorado for “the cure.”

The brave, young, Mom said “It was an easy decision for me to make. If it might help Hannah, I was going to try it. And I was very up-front with everyone about it, too. I said ‘This is what we are doing. If you can support us on this . . . great, please send Hannah all of your thoughts and prayers. If you can’t support us on this . . . please just keep your opinions to yourself. We don’t need ANY of your negative thoughts, or energy, coming Hannah’s way.’”

All I can say to that is “Amen!”

Here is the good news, the parents say that after 3 months of daily cannabis oil treatments Hannah’s cancer has gone into complete remission . . . the cancer is gone completely!

When the Mom tells me this, I lean down to Hannah in her stroller. “Hannah,” I say, “you are my new hero!” The little girl really doesn’t know what to make of me, a strange man, getting down on her level to speak to her. The Mom breaks the tension by saying “Hannah, this is Steve. He has to take his chocolate medicine” – they “choclify” her cannabis oil, baking it into chocolate cookies – “just like you do to make his cancer bugs go away!”

“Yummy!” I say, as I am shaking Hannah’s little hand. “I really like my chocolate medicine, don’t you?” Hannah smiles a little smile.

I take great hope from meeting Hannah today. She is my new little sister, and we have something very important in common. You see, I am 10 days into my own 3-month course of “Simpson’s Tears” for my recently diagnosed prostate cancer. Like Hannah’s Mom said – “If you can support me on this, great . . .”

Wish me the same luck Hannah had!

Steve.I.Am's picture
Steve.I.Am

I am about 35 days into a modified course of Phoenix Tears for prostate cancer (Gleason 7). I say "modified" because, rather than taking my oils sublingually, I am taking them in suppository form, Tommy Chong-style.

I had a PSA drawn last week, and unfortunately, my PSA has gone UP from 7.34 to 8.41. Has anyone been down this road before? I don’t know if this is normal, and that it takes some time for the cannabanoids to work their wonders, or, if this is Nature’s way of telling me to stop messing around and “take my radiation like a man.” I’d rather not, thank you very much.

I am met with my MMJ team to see whether I should reassess my MMJ strategy. I would be interested in knowing what people think.

I have been blogging, and you can read my Prostate Cancer/Medical Marijuana Treatment Log at:

http://www.thomhartmann.com/users/steveiam/blog/2015/05/my-prostate-canc...

It’s a little rough, and needs editing, but I think it’s got some good stuff in it. So far it has been shared 220 times.

Feel free to check it out!

Peace, Steve

Steve.I.Am's picture
Steve.I.Am

Just keep doing what you feel is right Steve. I'm pulling for you and I'm sure most of the regulars on the sight are pulling for you too. Keep your chin up and give her all you got.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

The Thom Hartmann Program - Aug 30th 2018

It seems it's all racism, all the time w/the GOP...Neo-Nazi robocall hits Iowa on Molly Tibbett’s murder: “KILL THEM ALL. ” Richard Wolff drops by about the National Debt. Is it a disaster or an OK thing? Also - Trump & The National Enquirer - Is the Economy Here To Serve Us Or Are We Here to Serve the economy?