Exciting news that makes me want to SING!!!! DING DONG THE WICKED TAR SANDS IS DEAD!

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

5 posts / 0 new

Wow there is some earth shaking news happening up there in Canada!!!

SERIOUSLY GOOD NEWS!!!

Yes indeed it goes to show the adverage citizen banning together can make things happen!!! OMG.....you MUST check out what's going on!!!

1st......There is a NEW DEMOCRAT in office that has created uncertainy with regards to tar sands production.

NDP victory in Alberta election shocks the world, creates uncertainty over future of oil sands

Documents obtained by DeSmogBlog reveal an alarming rate of corrosion to parts of TransCanada's Keystone 1 pipeline. A mandatory inspection test revealed a section of the pipeline's wall had corroded 95%, leaving it paper-thin in one area (one-third the thickness of a dime) and dangerously thin in three other places.

Investors may want to steer clear of oil sands developers and coal producers and buy royalty stocks and companies with assets outside Alberta. That’s the advice of portfolio managers and analysts after energy stocks declined Wednesday following the surprise election victory by the New Democratic Party in Alberta. “Oil sands to me is public enemy No. 1 in the new premier-elect’s mind,” said Eric Nuttall, a Toronto-based fund manager focused on energy at Sprott Asset Management LP. “The investment thesis in all of those stocks evaporated overnight.”

Last night, the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline was dealt a major blow as voters in Alberta, home to Canada’s massive reserves of dirty, carbon-heavy tar sands, ousted leaders from the Progressive Conservative party in favor of the more left-leaning New Democratic Party. Supporters of Keystone XL have long downplayed the environmental impact of the pipeline by arguing that development of the tar sands is inevitable, but last night’s election results are a major blow to the pipeline’s prospects.

Tuesday's stunning election in Alberta has garnered the interest of the entire world. A Conservative government has ruled Alberta or 43 years, with a relatively light hand in regulating the oil industry. Suddenly there's a new, left-leaning NDP government promising to negotiate new climate policies, to increase oil and gas royalties, and to quit lobbying President Obama to approve the Keystone XL pipeline. So what will this election mean for those famous oil sands?

Please visit the two sites I will link for further reading on the above topics. If the links in THIS comment don't pop up blue then I know they won't work and I will post them again on the NEXT COMMENT. If they work then YEAH!

http://tarsandssolutions.org/

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

OK the first one worked. Let's try to get number two working.

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=e66924a9d72639a53be485d06&id=4211053...

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

DAMN!...another reason for Canadien Exceptionalism!

ddanl's picture
ddanl

But TPP with its corporate court will force Canada to open it up and will force US to have keystone pipeline, coal shipment through the columbia gorge...

too bad, corporations will be trumping the governments before you can blink an eye.

Tell your senators that to sign on to TPP is treason because US government will give up is sovereignity willfully. Am I being too "out" there?

smilingcat
Quote smilingcat:

But TPP with its corporate court will force Canada to open it up and will force US to have keystone pipeline, coal shipment through the columbia gorge...

too bad, corporations will be trumping the governments before you can blink an eye.

Tell your senators that to sign on to TPP is treason because US government will give up is sovereignity willfully. Am I being too "out" there?

NO you are NOT being too "out" there! My Senators and Congressman all are against fast track TPP! THANK GOD now we just have to convince others!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

"The Saddest Thing Is This Won't Be Breaking News"

Thom plus logo As the world burns, and more and more fossil fuels are being used every day planet-wide, atmospheric carbon dioxide levels passed 416 ppm this week at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii. In the 300,000 years since the emergence of modern humans, carbon dioxide levels have never been this high.