Clintons Obama are corporate sellouts. No I won't vote for Clinton. She will lose anyhow.

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

12 posts / 0 new

I believe the only real change will be when society collapses and the semi rich middle class and poor class are all standing bread together. other than that Democrats and Republicans are the same Corporate sell outs. no matter how much you want to see that the Democrats stand for the American people they dont. there will always be at the last minute that Joe Lieberman sellout of the public option.of the public option. you can't solve problem within the system its broke and paid for. the only real hope the American people have you should start fundraising for presidential debates with Bernie Sanders and other less known presidential candidates and televise that but also invite Clinton and everyone else to those debates people have start fundraising 4 presidential debate with bernie sanders and other less know the candidates and televise and also invite clinton and everyone else. I say start with fundraising for a populist presidential debate that's the only way Bernie Sanders will ever get his face shone in the presidential debate on national television. that's the only way. other than that it's always a Republican or Democrat 8 years and then democrat or republican always again 8 years. don't try to sugar coat it Clinton will lose. Clinton's job is to distract the American people from the Real democratic message about Sanders. and you can't waffle mouth and say you vote for her too
with all respect due to Tom he's wrong on this issue. call a spade a space. Clinton sat on the board of Walmart for goodness sakes.

Truth2010

Comments

With all due respect to Thom and he's taught me a lot in my opinion has the best radio talk show out there. I didn't even know what corporate personhood was until I heard Thom talk about it. I just disagree on trying to say that Democrats are less Corporate sellouts than Republicans because they're not. Obama talked all the liberal populists rhetoric but when it came down to it he sold out to corporations banks and money. Obama talked all liberal populist rhetoric and we loved him for that. but the reality is Obama sold us out - liberal side of the Democratic Party and Clinton will do the same thing and there's no difference between Clinton and Romney they're both corporatist and it doesn't matter. Now what Bernie needs to organize is a parallel populists presidential debate to the four presidential debates that are going to occur in 2016. otherwise no one in the mainstream will ever know who Bernie Sanders is.

Truth2010

He'll if you wanted a presidential debate cheap you could just buy advertisement about it and then live stream it from the internet.
The criteria for a presidential debate according to Wikipedia is https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_deba... "The CPD stipulates three criteria for eligibility: constitutionally eligible, appearance on enough ballots to potentially reach 270electoral votes, and average at least 15% on five selected national polls.[2] Four candidates achieved the first two criteria:Democratic nominee Barack Obama, Green nominee Jill Stein,[3] Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson,[4] and Republicannominee Mitt Romney. Only Obama and Romney also satisfy the third criterion of averaging 15% in five selected national polls and thus are the only two to appear in 2012 CPD debates.

Truth2010

That's what Bernie needs to be able to do. To stand as high as Romney and Obama did in 2012. THE ONLY 2 IN THE DEBATE. Bernie needs To offset to the final 2016 debates. so if you want to fundraise fundraise for that if you want to be a king you had to be seen as a king.

Truth2010

I also disagree with Thom about the Supreme Court being up for grabs. If Bernie or any other president were elected they could stack the Supreme Court like FDR and just add more justices to the current Supreme Court justice number until it suited our needs. And they could do like Bush did and terminate Rhenquist and appoint your own chief justice. Yeah think about it it sure was convenient for Bush for Rhenquist to suddenly get ill. now who's in charge of the Supreme Court?

Truth2010

But just "how" did Rhenquist get ill?

Truth2010

how much pro corporate Law have been declared since John Roberts was implanted as Supreme Court justice? and how much woild Rhenquist would not allowed? Sure was convenient for corporations when Rhenquist to suddenly get ill and die.

Truth2010

it's always a Republican or Democrat 8 years and then democrat or republican always again 8 years. don't try to sugar coat it Clinton will lose. - Not necessarily, 2000 was a democrat win after 8 years of a democrat. Gore won the popular and after the FL recount he had won the electoral, but FL was not allowed to vote, Sandra Day wanted to retire.

1988 saw GHW win after 8 years of GOP.

237 electoral votes are already Democrat, the GOP has 181, the 120 left are tossup*, but I think the GOP will gerrymander the electoral instead of winner take all. That means PA will vote blue with 51%, but the GOP with 47% of the vote will take 15 electoral votes and give the Dems their 5, OH will do the same, WI and FL too . SCOTUS will approve it. So the Dems will win like in 2000, but SCOTUS won't allow it like in 2000.

*2016 electoral map.jpg

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote douglaslee:

but FL was not allowed to vote

Stil perpetuating the lie? I will remind you that it would all been moot had Gore won his own home state.

Kilosqrd's picture
Kilosqrd

Well I think there is a massive volcanic repression of white America and it doesn't like being repressed by a black president to them he is a n*****. That's not the way I see it that's the way White America sees. I don't like Obama because it's a corporate sellout. But white America sees is jobless and black man has been president for 8 years. They are frankly beyond tired of minority b*******. And condolences to the people just murdered by lunatic in South Carolina, but unfortunately it just goes to show how low information misinformed people can be "brainwashed" by some stupid white extemists to believe stupid lies. Of course 99% of white America will not pull a gun and shoot down black people, but white America does feel the repression because in thier mind of a black president. My point here is that the Republicans are going win in a huge landslides in states that normally would go to Democrats. Not that there is any difference in my mind they're both Corporate sell outs. So they average ladie da lukewarm Hillary Democrat is going to lose huge to the volcanic repression of white people. The only way to counter this is with something huge from outside called the TRUTH of Bernie Sanders. And why Sanders? He's an independent NOT a Democrat. Stick to what works independent outside the box thinking and acting. Sanders must have day after debates to the four major presidential debates and answer the same questions as are given the main presidential candidates. A average Democrat will not win in 2016.

Truth2010

I actually war for Hillary in 2012. I went to her campaign speech in Houston. But there is just no way she will in 2016. And I would vote for Trump over Hillary right now because at least he's talking about stupid Trade laws taking America jobs.

Truth2010

In addition to being unrealistic which unfortunately is often a hallmark of idealistic people, you are misinformed about the structure of our federal government, which consists of three branches of government. If Hillary Clinton is the Democratic nominee, which is almost certain, the idea of not voting for her would be very harmful to America, because as imperfect as Hillary may abe, she is both an attorney and a Democrat. It would be a disaster if the next president were a Republican, because several members of the U.S. Supreme Court are reaching retirement age. Republican presidents have been very conservative before and are probably even more so now. They would appoint more extreme, reactionary justices to the Supreme Court, which would eventually result in rulings that would be very harmful to society. No one knows what cases will come before the court in the future, but Republican appointees would be on the wrong side in crucial cases. Norman Goldman is a radio talk show host who is also an attorney, and he has said that although he likes Bernie Sanders, he would support the presumptive nominee, Hillary, because of the need to have a non-right wing reactionary president, which means a Democrat, appoint potential justices to the U.S. Supreme Court, which makes very influential, important legal decisions.

In my opinion, blaming trade agreements for 100% of the job loss which has occurred is simplistic. Economics and globalization are more complicated than that. Companies would have found a way to have moved plants and outsourced workers regardless of what trade agreements were signed. Furthermore, there have been some new jobs that have been created through trade. The lack of a trade agreement is not the same as passing new tariffs. There are any number of other issues on which Trump either cannot be taken seriously or would be terrible on. Rick Santorium, who is a right-wing extremist, has been described sometimes as "blue collar" Republican because of his concern for job loss. I don't follow his opinions, but he may have come out against the TPP, and not all of the House Republicans voted in favor of the fact track legislation. The situation in this case is not all black and white, but I would never support a Republican just because of a desire for a non-existent utopia.

Robindell's picture
Robindell

How Has the Right Wing Takeover of the GOP and the Media Changed America?

Thom plus logo On Tucker Carlson's show, David Horowitz said, "The creation of America was probably the greatest gift given to Black people in 3,000 years..." He added that "the people who hate America on the left, and this embraces so much of the Democratic Party these days, have conducted a 50-year, 60-year attack on Christianity in this country."