Jerry Brown Not So Green

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

4 posts / 0 new

http://www.latimes.com/local/politics/la-me-pol-budget-environment-20150...

Development deals tied to state budget sidestep 'green' rules

DynoDon

Comments

I doubt there is/was even one governor in all 50 states who can match Jerry Brown's mountain of environmental achievements, which is why he has always been a target of corporate RW hacks and gets snarky criticism like this article. Brown was handed a CA with a slumping economy, ravaged by GOP laissez faire governess, which he reversed, and now is in the grips of a devastating record drought. Drastic emergencies require drastic measures and compromises have to be made. Thank Darwin the great state of CA is being rescued by the equally great Governor Jerry Brown!

jiffysquid's picture
jiffysquid

Thank you Mrs. Brown. Brown has the same Democratic legislature the Repub governors had. It is disturbing that he relaxes environmental standards for pet projects while holding others to strict scrutiny. And don't ignore his bullet train boondoggle. I liked Gov Moonbeam better-now he is just a cranky old Jesuit.

DynoDon

Jerry does not have the same legislature as Arnold or the others. You missed the new alignment of the districts and we had a 2/3 majority of Dems. In 2016, we should get that back.

soozc

Trump and His Billionaire Buddies Plot to Destroy Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid

Thom plus logo Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are officially in the crosshairs of the Trump administration, and they intend to go after them this year.