United Front Working for Tar Sands Solutions

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

8 posts / 0 new

I wanted to share this website with you all. It's the Tar Sands Network and it presents a united front for those in support of ending tar sands extraction and pipelines.

Up in Canada there have been many marches and protests that we don't hear about down here in the U.S. even though there are people from our country involved. Our news just doesn't cover it. I thought it would inspire some of you to see how they are fighting to protect their land, to stop tar sands mining, and pipelines.

There is a strong united resistance movement to put an end to tar sands mining. Check it out for yourself and bookmark the site or sign up for updates. PEACE.

http://tarsandssolutions.org/

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

We need a solution to all the Oil the US imports from the terrorist nation, Saudi Arabia, which financed the 9/11 attacks and provided most of the terrorists. And is the prime financier of the child killing and child raping ISIS terrorists. And did a violent overthrow of a pro-democracy rebellion in its neigbouring state Bahrain. A violent anti-people, anti-democracy terrorist act that was TOTALLY unreported in our corrupt Mainstream Media.

Once the Shale Gas bubble bursts the US will be importing vast amounts of expensive LNG from the Middle East as well. Which of course is exactly what the Banksters want. The close relationship between the criminal super-rich Bankster elite and Middle East Petro-dictatorships is well documented. They didn't like Qaddaffi in Libya so he had to be overthrown, and create another terrorist ISIS state.

Instant-RunOff-...
Quote Instant-RunOff-Voting:

We need a solution to all the Oil the US imports from the terrorist nation, Saudi Arabia, which financed the 9/11 attacks and provided most of the terrorists. And is the prime financier of the child killing and child raping ISIS terrorists. And did a violent overthrow of a pro-democracy rebellion in its neigbouring state Bahrain. A violent anti-people, anti-democracy terrorist act that was TOTALLY unreported in our corrupt Mainstream Media.

Once the Shale Gas bubble bursts the US will be importing vast amounts of expensive LNG from the Middle East as well. Which of course is exactly what the Banksters want. The close relationship between the criminal super-rich Bankster elite and Middle East Petro-dictatorships is well documented. They didn't like Qaddaffi in Libya so he had to be overthrown, and create another terrorist ISIS state.

I'm sorry but I think you are totally WRONG! We are going to sell our LNG (which I am totally against) to those nations who are our alies that are under threat from Putin. That's at least what they are claiming but in my opinion the real reason boils down to PROFITS. They are NOT HAPPY selling it CHEAP to US!!!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Yes, the US & Canada are planning on exporting surplus Shale Gas, at a large loss will just hasten the day that the bubble bursts and Cold, Hungry and In the Dark will ensue:

http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Hungry-Dark-Exploding-Natural/dp/0865717435/

Kinda stupid exporting shale gas at a production cost of avg $8/mmbtu from the USA & Canada when the Middle East, Central Asia, Russia & Australia can produce conventional gas for $0.50/mmbtu with a lower liquefaction cost than the US or Canada. The wonders of crony capitalism and free money created by private Banksters. Conventional economics thrown out the window for corporate geopolitical gain.

Instant-RunOff-...

The interesting and curious part of the nonsensical development of US & Canada LNG export infrastructure, is that all of that can easily be reversed and turned into LNG import infrastructure. So when the Shale Gas bubble bursts, and Americans & Canadians are Cold, Hungry and in the Dark, here comes the Middle East Petro-Dictatorships to our rescue, supplying LNG @ $25 per mmbtu to the energy starved nations. Banksters can burst the Shale Gas bubble anytime it pleases them, just quit giving free money to Shale Gas producers.

Instant-RunOff-...
Quote Instant-RunOff-Voting:

The interesting and curious part of the nonsensical development of US & Canada LNG export infrastructure, is that all of that can easily be reversed and turned into LNG import infrastructure. So when the Shale Gas bubble bursts, and Americans & Canadians are Cold, Hungry and in the Dark, here comes the Middle East Petro-Dictatorships to our rescue, supplying LNG @ $25 per mmbtu to the energy starved nations. Banksters can burst the Shale Gas bubble anytime it pleases them, just quit giving free money to Shale Gas producers.

And just when does your crystal ball say that's going to happen?

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Well, that will be sometime in the future, The retired petroleum geologist David Hughes is predicting NG shortages in Canada beginning in 2034 with no LNG exports, 2030 w Kitimat LNG, 2023 add Shell LNG. And it will take 10-15 yrs to get the LNG infrastructure built.

http://watershedsentinel.ca/content/canadian-gas-exports-threaten-energy...

My theory is this is all about Bankster driven geopolitical domination. Oil is the #1 component of international trade, mostly done in Bankster debt-money Petrodollars.

Note favorite Bankster stooge Henry Kissinger stated: " If you control the energy you control the country; if you control food, you control the population..".

As oil supplies decline and that leads to a reduction in trade, as well GHG emissions disfavor oil as a fuel source and more energy is moved to electricity, that makes gas more important than oil as the big Oil companies already project. Exelon predicts NG to exceed oil and coal as an global energy source. So the plan is to replace the international Oil trade gradually with the rapidly expanding LNG trade. OPEC countries will also dominate in LNG sales.

Note that Chevron has long had big plans to import LNG to California. Just salivating waiting for the NG price to skyrocket . It will.

Instant-RunOff-...

I don't understand what you are trying to say that's different from what I have been saying all along. Here is a quote from the article YOU linked above.

Governing politicians in British Columbia have been particularly receptive to the perceived gold mine

that could result from developing shale gas in northeast British Columbia and constructing the Pacific Trail Pipeline so that gas may be exported to Asia via a new terminal in Kitimat.

- See more at: http://watershedsentinel.ca/content/canadian-gas-exports-threaten-energy-security#sthash.cu5RZBde.dpuf

They are not happy with the current profits so they want to get LNG out to the open market. That's the perceived gold mine they refer to. That will lead to even more fracking on our public lands, and even in parking lots (check it out in Signal HIll, CA.)

if we allow this to happen it will continue to cause an even more rapid growth of the fracking industry as they rush to get that gold but you and I will pay dearly in the form of higher natural gas prices. For those who's electricity comes from natural gas......well the cost will go up for that too and on and on.......

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

If Americans Die in a Pandemic - Blame the GOP

Thom plus logo As a possible pandemic looms on the horizon, the United States is the only developed nation in the world without a national healthcare system. Medicare For All is not just about saving as much as half of all of our half healthcare dollars, it's also about national security.