The White House wants to know..........biotech related......

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

8 posts / 0 new

Now's the time....get involved and answer the call. Read the article at the link and forward YOUR comments.

This is related to the biotech industry.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/07/02/improving-transparency-and-en...

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

PLEASE GO TO THE LINK ABOVE and read the page! GET INVOLVED if you can!

Increasing transparency & predictability in biotechnology regulation

The goal of the effort is to ensure public confidence in the regulatory system and improve the transparency, predictability, coordination, and, ultimately, efficiency of the biotechnology regulatory system. Here is a bit more detail about the effort’s three components:

• First, the Administration will update the Coordinated Framework, after public input, by clarifying the current roles and responsibilities of the EPA, USDA, and FDA in the regulatory process. This update will help clarify which biotechnology product areas are within the authority and responsibility of each agency and outline how the agencies work together to regulate products that may fall under the authorities of multiple agencies.
  • Second, the Administration will develop a long-term strategy, after public input, to ensure that the Federal regulatory system is well-equipped to assess efficiently any risks associated with the future products of biotechnology. This will include performing periodic horizon-scanning of new biotech products, coordinating support for the science that informs regulatory activities, developing tools to assist small businesses as they navigate the regulatory system, and creating user-friendly digital tools for presenting the agencies’ authorities, practices, and basis for decision-making.
  • Third, the Administration will commission an outside, independent analysis of the future landscape of the products of biotechnology. The Administration has already asked the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine to conduct such an analysis.
MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

We want to hear from you

The Administration recognizes the importance of public engagement throughout this process. As part of this process, the Administration will hold three public engagement sessions over the year in different regions of the country. The first listening session will occur in Washington, D.C. in fall 2015. In addition, the update to the Coordinated Framework will undergo public notice and comment before it is finalized. If you would like to be kept up to date on these activities, including details on the listening sessions, please sign up here.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Anyone on this site involved with this???

Keep us posted please!! :-)

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Of course this is a very serious public issue. When private and extremely profitable institutions have the freedom to violate the natural biology of our home, planet earth, by tinkering through the discoveries of science with the complexity that makes it possible for all of us to live healthy lives, their self interested profit making technological interventions concern all of us.

Which is why this also concerns me:

Quote Improving Transparency and Ensuring Continued Safety in Biotechnology:

Summary: While the current regulatory system for biotechnology products effectively protects health and the environment, advances in science and technology since 1992 have been altering the product landscape. That's why today the White House is issuing a memorandum directing the three Federal agencies that have oversight responsibilities for these products— EPA, FDA, and USDA—to develop a long-term strategy to ensure that the system is prepared for the future products of biotechnology, and commission an expert analysis of the future landscape of biotechnology products to support this effort.

"While the current regulatory system for biotechnology products effectively protects health and the environment..."

I mean, come on, who can say with any certainty that this regulatory system is effective? That's just unnecessary propaganda. We don't need that propagand from our government any more than we need most of the transformed frankensteinish biotechnology products the biology of this planet is now having to adapt itself to. It is currently in a process of adapting to more and more of this humen biotechnology with effects that we may not even know about for many years, because the systems they are effecting haven't yet fully come to the point of adapting successfully or unsuccessfully. The multitude of feedback loops they are creating may not have fully come around to an appearance in the more complex species in our many eco-systems.

While the current regulatory system for biotechnology products effectively protects health and the environment, advances in science and technology since 1992 have been altering the product landscape. In addition, the complexity of the array of regulations and guidance documents developed by the three Federal agencies with jurisdiction over biotechnology products can make it difficult for the public to understand how the safety of biotechnology products is evaluated, and navigating the regulatory process for these products can be unduly challenging, especially for small companies.

Yeah, no kidding. So telling me it's effective at this point doesn't exactly inspire my confidence either.

Increasing transparency & predictability in biotechnology regulation

The goal of the effort is to ensure public confidence in the regulatory system and improve the transparency, predictability, coordination, and, ultimately, efficiency of the biotechnology regulatory system. Here is a bit more detail about the effort’s three components:

• First, the Administration will update the Coordinated Framework, after public input, by clarifying the current roles and responsibilities of the EPA, USDA, and FDA in the regulatory process. This update will help clarify which biotechnology product areas are within the authority and responsibility of each agency and outline how the agencies work together to regulate products that may fall under the authorities of multiple agencies.
  • Second, the Administration will develop a long-term strategy, after public input, to ensure that the Federal regulatory system is well-equipped to assess efficiently any risks associated with the future products of biotechnology. This will include performing periodic horizon-scanning of new biotech products, coordinating support for the science that informs regulatory activities, developing tools to assist small businesses as they navigate the regulatory system, and creating user-friendly digital tools for presenting the agencies’ authorities, practices, and basis for decision-making.
  • Third, the Administration will commission an outside, independent analysis of the future landscape of the products of biotechnology. The Administration has already asked the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine to conduct such an analysis.

I know they aren't going to listen to me. I know that already, because all this is tinkering with control is taking place in an environment of 'keeping the current economic system going as is'. But my suggestion is we say no to biotechnology and begin experimenting with permaculture and bioregional design on a macro scale.

All those smart people with biology degrees working for those industries can go to work learning how nature actually works and figuring out how we can make it work better by being part of it, not apart from it and trying to play god while we are at it.

If the CEOs feel a little lost at first we could give them a chance to work in gardens where they can get on their hands and knees and pull out a few weeds so they can learn something about nature directly.

.ren's picture
.ren

Even though you feel that they won't listen to you I do hope you will chime in because you present very valid arguments and your voice should be heard!

I do hope you will and thank you for what you posted above.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

I see I forgot to turn on SCAYT spell check before I posted. Oh well. Humen? lol.

Yeah, they heard from me. The system is pretty well underway. Turning it is like like strapping a dolphin to the front of a battleship and telling it to turn the thing around.

They heard my "compelling" environmentally-related arguments against NAFTA and GATT when Clinton was big on passing that, too. You can see where that went. It think it's called the circular file or something.

.ren's picture
.ren
Quote .ren:

I see I forgot to turn on SCAYT spell check before I posted. Oh well. Humen? lol.

Yeah, they heard from me. The system is pretty well underway. Turning it is like like strapping a dolphin to the front of a battleship and telling it to turn the thing around.

They heard my "compelling" environmentally-related arguments against NAFTA and GATT when Clinton was big on passing that, too. You can see where that went. It think it's called the circular file or something.

Well at least you are doing what you can and it is appreciated VERY MUCH!! I hope others will follow your lead.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

America: Meet Your Overlord Rupert Murdoch...

Thom plus logo The main lesson that we've learned so far from the impeachment hearings is that if Richard Nixon had had a billionaire like Rupert Murdoch with a television network like Fox News behind him, he never would've resigned and America would have continued to be presided over by a criminal.