Alaska......

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

2 posts / 0 new

I just read an article I thought I would share here and see what you all think about it. It has to do with Alaska and a lot that's going on like navy war games, Shell getting ready to drill and more.

I am not familiar with this author and maybe someone here is. The following is the beginning of the article.

It isn’t the best of times for the American Arctic and let me explain why.

The world is in the midst of an oil glut. In the last year, oil prices bottomed out before rising modestly. A NASA study just offered the news that a massive ice shelf in Antarctica, half the size of Rhode Island, will disintegrate by 2020, and not so long ago Science magazine reported that the melting of that region's ice sheets is proceeding far faster than expected. Sayonara, Miami Beach! All of this, of course, is happening thanks to the burning of fossil fuels. In March, the Obama administration responded to such a world by preparing the way for a rather familiar future. It lifted a ban on drilling for oil and gas off the U.S. southern Atlantic coast, opening those waters and their untapped four billion barrels of oil and 37 trillion cubic feet of gas to future drilling. Then, less than two weeks ago, the Interior Department green-lighted Shell Oil, a company with a memorably bleak record of exploration and disaster in the Arctic, to launch this country into a drill-baby-drill future in northern waters.

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/176001/tomgram%3A_dahr_jamail,_the_navy's_great_alask

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

Of COURSE the link DIDN'T WORK......... so here is a working link... :-)

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/176001/tomgram%3A_dahr_jamail,_the_navy'...

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Impeachment: The Difference Between Nixon & Trump

Thom plus logo There is a very simple reason why some Republicans participated in the impeachment proceedings against Richard Nixon, but none have so far broken ranks against Trump. That reason is the US Supreme Court.