Kicked off Democratic Underground

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

12 posts / 0 new

After 21 years on the Internet, joined who knows how many discussion boards, I finally got kicked off a board - Democratic Underground. All I did was to post limited quotes from a website that said people were leaving California. I never said in my post that I agreed with what the article said.

I guess some HSP (hyper sensitive person or persons) from the Golden State got offended.

By the way, I tried to re-join DU and I keep getting rejected. I guess their software can track whatever IP address you're trying to join from. I even have a VPN, and that doesn't seem to stop them.

briloop's picture
briloop

Comments

Yeah, they are pretty sensitive to words that conflict with their world view.

gumball's picture
gumball

Why do you want anything to do with those pompus single minded assholes?

Dexterous's picture
Dexterous

Don't feel bad. I was kicked off DU several years ago. They are a bunch of wet dreamers beating off to Jill Stein (who is a lightweight in my opinion) who would rather see a Republican elected than...cough..."lower" themselves to vote for a Hillary Clinton. Good riddance, I say.

* I don't think Thom's moderators will print this

gleannfia's picture
gleannfia
Quote Dexterous:

Why do you want anything to do with those pompus single minded assholes?

Golly Dex... what's YOUR experience with the DU?

Since you clearly belong in that single-minded category you so condemn, I can easily imagine who would be allowed to post and who you'd ban in any forum you ran.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX
Quote briloop:By the way, I tried to re-join DU and I keep getting rejected. I guess their software can track whatever IP address you're trying to join from. I even have a VPN, and that doesn't seem to stop them.

I had the same problem with being banned from the Hannity forum 8-10 years ago. If you've changed IPs they MIGHT be doing browser fingerprinting... though most likely you still have cookies that say you were banned. Once I realized this is how I was being identified... I was able to delete any cookies issued by that site.

What browser are you using?

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

I'm using Chrome on a Mac.

briloop's picture
briloop
Quote gleannfia:

Don't feel bad. I was kicked off DU several years ago. They are a bunch of wet dreamers beating off to Jill Stein (who is a lightweight in my opinion) who would rather see a Republican elected than...cough..."lower" themselves to vote for a Hillary Clinton. Good riddance, I say.

* I don't think Thom's moderators will print this

Why not? Notice the post is still here.

polycarp2

Join the club. I got kicked off D.U. - which should actually be called "Democratic Party, Underground" - for having the nerve to call for President Obama's impeachment after news broke about his unconstitutional, assassination by drone strike, of American citizen, Anwar al-Awlaki.

Steve.I.Am's picture
Steve.I.Am
Quote briloop:

I'm using Chrome on a Mac.

I stay away from anything google if I can... but there must be way to view and delete one or all your cookies in Chrome. Here are some Mac cleaners

http://alternativeto.net/software/slimcleaner/?platform=mac

If that doesn't work, there's a slim chance they are using flash supercookies.. which can be deleted through this page http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/sett...

Then there's browser/system fingerprinting... which can be tested here

https://panopticlick.eff.org/  In my case I appear to have a unique configuration no doubt because I use the Avant browser which allows seamless transfer between IE, Firefox and Chrome.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX
Quote Steve.I.Am:

Join the club. I got kicked off D.U. - which should actually be called "Democratic Party, Underground" - for having the nerve to call for President Obama's impeachment after news broke about his unconstitutional, assassination by drone strike, of American citizen, Anwar al-Awlaki.

DU doesn't hide the fact the forum is for liberal Dems. But even liberal Dems have a conservative streak they refuse to admit to... their blind acceptance of our antidemocratic and virtually reform-proof federal system. Anyone to the left of the Democratic Party on the issue of "democracy", calling Dems out on this issue, is in for rough treatment.

So what happened to you SIA?

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

Just change browsers and/or use another email account.

Banning by IP would mean business workers couldn't access so if they have the IP banned they usually also have to match the email domain on the account. So changing one or the other should do it.

I've been banned by HP and Media Matters for cursing at RWNJ's. So I use IE for MM with the same user name and avatar but a different email account. And HP is a joke so no loss there.

drumzit's picture
drumzit

The Thom Hartmann Program - Aug 30th 2018

It seems it's all racism, all the time w/the GOP...Neo-Nazi robocall hits Iowa on Molly Tibbett’s murder: “KILL THEM ALL. ” Richard Wolff drops by about the National Debt. Is it a disaster or an OK thing? Also - Trump & The National Enquirer - Is the Economy Here To Serve Us Or Are We Here to Serve the economy?