New Season "4" Episodes Of "Original" Star Trek?

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

4 posts / 0 new

I stumbled on this by accident... and as an original fan of the original 60's Star Trek I had to check it out...

The Original Star Trek series, which started in 1966, was canceled after 3 seasons. Given how popular the franchise became, that was obviously a mistake.

Someone is producing a new fan-based series... a season "4", new actors, obviously, but based on the original characters, original music and original looking sets... it's even filmed in the old 4:3 aspect ratio.

from http://www.startrekcontinues.com/aboutus.html

STAR TREK CONTINUES is a critically-acclaimed, award-winning, fan-produced webseries… the brainchild of long-time Star Trek: The Original Series fan — and producer, director, actor, voice-actor, musician — Vic Mignogna.

Our “Stage Nine” (an 18,500-square-foot studio named after the original soundstage at Desilu) houses the largest, most complete standing TOS sets in the world — including the bridge, corridors, turbolifts, quarters, sickbay, briefing/rec room, transporter room, Jefferies tube, engineering, auxiliary control, and shuttlecraft sets — precisely constructed using the original Star Trek blueprints.

From “Where No Man Has Gone Before” to “Turnabout Intruder,” TOS chronicled the first four years (2265–2269) of James T. Kirk’s historic five-year mission before the series was prematurely cancelled. STAR TREK CONTINUES is proud to be part of Trek history, aimed at completing the final year (late 2269 – early 2270) of the original adventure.

Vic and our team of talented film professionals continue to raise the bar in the quality of stories and overall production on one of the most recognized, popular fan productions ever made.

Too bizarre. I can't imagine Trekies will like it... or maybe... they can make the transition. The person playing William Shatner obviously studied his acting.

Will survive legal challenges? I guess it has someone's blessing since this project started in 2012.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

Comments

I'm a fan of the original series, and I also think like the episodes of Star Trek Continues that I have seen. I'd reccomend the continued series to any Trekkie.

boop's picture
boop
Quote boop:

I'm a fan of the original series, and I also think like the episodes of Star Trek Continues that I have seen. I'd reccomend the continued series to any Trekkie.

Welcome to the forum.

It's rather asounding that this group has tried to emulate the sets, characters, and the acting from a dated series that started back in... 1966. They could have gone modern and didn't. As an original Trekie I've watched and made the transition. The new "Kirk" does have Shatner's acting down pat.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

Thanks for the welcome.

I meant to say, "I also like the episodes of Star Trek Continues that I have seen."

They were going for nostalgia by sticking to the original, and I like that they did, and I think that they are doing it pretty darn well. They even have James Doohan's son, Chris Doohan, playing Scotty. In a recent episode they had the actor from the original series who played Apollo in an episode reprize his roll as an aged Apollo. That was fun, and a pretty good episode too.

boop's picture
boop

Why Hasn't Congress Taken War Powers Away From Trump?

Thom plus logo Donald Trump's pathetic betrayal of our Kurdish allies in northern Syria highlights the importance of Congress taking seriously it's constitutional obligation to define and authorize war.