State of the Union

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

5 posts / 0 new

https://youtu.be/KPuoo99BmwM

The Link is to 60 rock on sunset strip. The title of the thread is because this episode IS the current SOU. Half the country doesn't like the other half. One hald is religious the other half thinks in rational ways for themselves, aka critical thinking. Half bellieves in science, the other half doesn't. It's an Aaron Sorkin production, and I like it even though it ran only one season. Most might know of the show, but I don't pat attention to current US tv shows and haven't for 20 years

The premise is a Saturday Night Live comedy show, so in one episode trackers ask if the show is patriotic or anti-American, just like Michelle Bachman did ask one time.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Comments

btw, I think doing a show about challenging jesus freaks and bible thumpers is about the only way you can cover such an issue. Staging a show that is about biting commentary allows biting commentary with plausible deniability. To do it as the show in the story does it would lead to bombs and assassinations of the producers and actors, just like OBGYNs and Planned Parenthood clinics suffer as 97% of their services are contraception and wellness screening. pap smears, mammograms, and more.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Studio 60 is the show, competing against 30 Rock in a review I read before posting. Dyslexia or Freudian slip, I dunno.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

I've been watching quite a few episodes of the show about a show and thought is relevent to mention, the USA does still make stuff, entertainment is the #1 product (wmds are probably tied).

Anyhow, Mel Brooks was a comedy writer for Sid Ceasar's "Your Show of Shows", Steve Martin and Rob Reiner were writers on the Smothers Brothers show. Johnny Carson was a writer for Red Skelton, Woody Allen was a writer before a director/producer. The gestalt of entertainment, especially comedy, is an intricate patch work. The current political circus is a comedy, and the writers creating it do not even know how ridiculus they are.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

btw, one of the issues in the show is reality TV programming or alternative as they label it in the show. I don't watch it or like it. Humiliation is not entertaining to me. Paris Hilton giving an enema on screen to a contestant got ratings, others willingly eating maggots and frog shit got viewers, but not me. Maybe I'm not a real American anymore.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

How Has the Right Wing Takeover of the GOP and the Media Changed America?

Thom plus logo On Tucker Carlson's show, David Horowitz said, "The creation of America was probably the greatest gift given to Black people in 3,000 years..." He added that "the people who hate America on the left, and this embraces so much of the Democratic Party these days, have conducted a 50-year, 60-year attack on Christianity in this country."