NEW FORUM PROPOSAL: QUESTIONS/COMMENTS FOR THOM

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

15 posts / 0 new

I'm tired of it. I came to this forum 8-9 years ago because I expected Thom might visit his own forums... and he did... or someone posted in his name. But it's clear since the creation of the Blogs, Thom doesn't even have visit the forum anymore. And I don't recall him ever responding to any posts or blog responses anyway. (But we KNOW he reads posts at the Democratic Underground... so do we have to go there?)

Thom does a two way talk program... but what's the point of having a forum when it's all one way if it's even that? It's REALLY frustrating when I repeatedly posted corrections to something Thom's said only to have him repeat the bad information over and over.

OK... Thom's a busy guy.

None the less, while we have this thread purported to be dedicated to questions http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/2011/07/big-picture-thom-hartmann-program-air-questions-or-comments-thom I've never heard any of those questions answered on the show. And I've never watched the Big Picture.

Instead of a thread with 775 posts, I'd like to see a new forum dedicated to posing questions/raising issues that Thom WILL respond to on the radio... not all, of course. There will be some stupid, redundant, and gotcha questions. Staff can sort them out. To go along with the new forum would require a new segment in the show as well... not a once a week 1 min Geeky Science segment... but 5-10 mins a day. I don't see this as that difficult to accomplish. I believe Thom owes some feedback to the loyal members of his own forum and not just callers.

I also think the forum should be limited to single posts. This would prevent new posts from being buried as active threads are pushed up as happens in the forums. So can threads be locked yet still give the author a chance to edit mistakes?

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

Comments

There's one here http://www.thomhartmann.com/node/19838

SueN's picture
SueN
Quote SueN:

There's one here http://www.thomhartmann.com/node/19838

I just caught that and modified my post. But I still think a forum would be better... and I scrolling through those questions I've never heard Thom mention them on the radio. And not being a TV person I don't get RT. In fact I may cut the what little cable I get. I think he needs a daily specific Q&A segment.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

Thom is possibly trying to encourage better mental health by preventing some people from this,

Quote Pierpont, (ulTRAX):Forums are my "high" and its destructive to the rest of my life.

hollygolightly's picture
hollygolightly
Quote hollygolightly:

Thom is possibly trying to encourage better mental health by preventing some people from this,

If Thom were trying to encourage better mental health irrational right wingers would be mandated to undergo therapy before they could post here so the sane amongst us would not be subjected to their craziness.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

Oops! Looks like you are busted.

Quote Pierpont, (ulTRAX):Forums are my "high" and its destructive to the rest of my life.

Dexterous's picture
Dexterous
Quote Dexterous:

Oops! Looks like you are busted.

Ya, having to repeatedly respond to right wingers with self-sabotaged intellects who insist their sh*t smells like chocolate would drive any sane person over the edge. Now, have anything intelligent to say?

Didn't think so.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX
Quote ulTRAX:

Ya, having to repeatedly respond to right wingers with self-sabotaged intellects who insist their sh*t smells like chocolate would drive any sane person over the edge.

"Ya, having to repeatedly respond to right wingers"

Someone is requiring you to pick up the keyboard and respond? I will revert back to my original comments. Mr. Hartmann, by not encouraging the mentally challenged that feel compelled to respond to everything is actually helping many who have the capability to resist the need to spend their entire day in front of a monitor.

hollygolightly's picture
hollygolightly
Quote hollygolightly:Blah blah blah
Obviously Holly has nothing to say about the actual topic of this thread. And I think I'll take her advice and not feel compelled to respond point by point to the bizarre comments of a right winger with a self sabotaged intellect.

I feel better already!

Thanks Holly!

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

So can anyone explain why Thom doesn't do a Q&A segment on his radio show answering questions put to him in this forum?

But then... Thom almost never cites anything from his own forum... but he certainly loves the Democratic Underground.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

well sheesh bugers Ultrx, Pierpoint, whtevr the detractors wanna point out your aka's................you're spot on to a destructive issue- TH not reffing HIS FORUMS

I've focussed on- this "Kenyatta" crapola.

TH, eg, and Danielle, continue to give air time to Kenyatta, but for anyone who's read Kenyatta's blog/threads and his sock puppet/spokes model supporters---counter args have included calling female posters "whoreish", eg.

Another poster has reffed the level of anti-white racism on DU, btw..a theme amongst the Birkie gulity types??????

really?

So why would you expect TH to ref his forums when his forums entertain over the top racicist BS against whites?

SO not for the Birkie Libs, Birkie Libs are all about apologizing for things they never did to make thamselves feel OK for accomplishing Capitalism Success.

what a pant load, Gen X Girl not buying this guilt trip, sandal syncophants---how those TEVAs fitting now, hippie losers???? ask a Palestinian

This website and TH are the flip side of Rush---Lefty Kenyatta BLM militancy, lefty violence is celebrated, and BTW, black people are all as a "race" super glorified and perfect, and it is only "whites" who commit violence. Wow.

Google "Albanism Violence in Africa" or "Black Supremecy Theory"..............

Yet TH supports this Kenyatta clown et al, apparently never reads the violent threats ON TH'S FORUM PAGES -----Kenyatta's "et al" has suggested to other posters, besides the violent language Kenyatta expresses and endorses from his supporters against other posters, along racial lines.

ah, that would be a bee in the Birkie's bonnet??? Or the Clique's bonnet? TH sold out his regular feminist clique for a racial clique. OMG

horrifying. disgusting. gross.

phony "left" crap

1991 was a great "kumbaya" year. How'd it all get lost????????????????

(Thatcher, Reagan/Bush)

why ya questioning Ul? I've tried to appeal to you before and you've blown me off. OK, so be it. I don't disagree w/you, yet you always dismiss me. whatever Pier, Ul and whoever you are now.

mlk.silenceisnotanoption

VIOLENCE IS NOT AN OPTION

mlk.silenceisnotanoption (not verified)

One reason might be that there is no guarantee that the person posing the question listens to the whole show every day.

I would also guess that while Thom may not specifically acknowledge a particular question or comment from the forum or the threads dedicated to that purpose he and his staff do likely read them and analyze them. The information is probably used somewhat like survey results, to produce more generalized ideas about what topics and issues to cover, etc.

As to answers for questions that don't require Thom's particular response, people might need to be made more aware of how they can find that information out for themselves. I would think someone like yourself, Ult, might be able to mentor others in that area.

nimblecivet

Imagine having to come to a forum like this and read crap like this, only I'll reverse it in a probably futile attempt to break through your smoke screen of defensive jibberish; this is a paraphrase of an actual "story" by a RK debater (only again, with the race factor reversed):

I hired a white guy once. He worked out for a while then he started hanging out with some of the neighborhood toughs and smoking marijuana. I was wondering who was leaving swastikas on the inside of the porta-potty but it started becoming obvious as the white guy behaved increasingly erratic. Eventually we had to let him go after several warnings about stealing power tools and listening to bands like Anthrax at full volume and pushing other people off the scaffolding. We really liked him and hoped it would work out but in the end those dark forces just pulled him under.

You see, RK only posts here infrequently but those that hold the opinion that you do that the differences between the progressives and those who come here to debate them are intractable come here regularly to post as much as possible to flood the board with your antagonism.

nimblecivet
Quote mlk.silenceisnotanoption:TH, eg, and Danielle, continue to give air time to Kenyatta, but for anyone who's read Kenyatta's blog/threads and his sock puppet/spokes model supporters---counter args have included calling female posters "whoreish", eg.

Not sure what to make of your post. I have no problem with Kenyatta, if we're speaking about the same person, a person who's called the show a few times and wanted to to draw Thom's attention to his posts. I looked for one, never found it. I thought his calls were thoughtful and interesting. And if he posts in the blogs... I tend to stay away from them because I like the forum concept better... and who the hell can find a blog post after a few days. What bothers me is with the exception of the chat room... Thom seems to pay no attention to what goes on at his own site... but instead repeatedly reads what's written at other sites... like DU. I started another thread on that http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/2014/12/why-does-thom-cite-du-posts-and-chat-room-not-his-forum

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX
Quote nimblecivet:

One reason might be that there is no guarantee that the person posing the question listens to the whole show every day.

That's a chance anyone submitting a question takes. But the larger issue isn't the individual questioner... it's that when it comes to his radio show Thom ignores his own forum and instead seems to go to other forums and sources. And it's clear from the responses here from the powers that be... that's not going to change.

As much as I like Thom I think he lives in an ideological bubble that doesn't stray far from milk-toast Democratic liberalism. He can't seem to deal with his core contradiction that he wears democracy on his sleeve and yet implicitly and at times explicitly, as with his repeated support for the EC, supports antidemocratic government.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

Part 1 - Is Economic Disaster About to Hit & Are You Prepared?

Thom plus logo Right now the United States and the world are facing four massive trends that, in combination, we haven't faced since the 1920s. We are seeing the rise of a new and brutal form of governance with extraordinary industrial capacity and power in China, much as Nazi Germany rose in Europe.