Recording Thom Hartmann on Direct TV

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

2 posts / 0 new

Hey Thom,

You asked a viewer the other day, if he can record you on Direct TV, and he said yes.

While this is true, it doesn't record as other programs on Direct TV. That is, you cannot enter your program name, and then set to record, and have it record from then on. You have to go into future airings, and manually set each episode to record. Also each day's show is cut into three pieces, and you have to set each piece to record. You can only set a week's worth of episodes to record, then you have to go back the next week, and manually schedule each episode to record. If you forget, you won't be able to see the show. Of course, Free Speech TV is also in low definition. When a low definition program is converted for viewing on a HDTV, it actually distorts the picture very badly, which is the case with programs on Free Speech TV. It actually gives me a headache, as the eyes constantly struggle to focus on the blurred images.

Unfortunately, I have reached a point, where I only listen to you on XM Radio, when I am in my car, or home, when your program airs, which is a shame, as I truly enjoy your insight.

Many Thanks,

Rick

rick1960

Comments

My workaround is to start recording Stephanie Miller's last show at 9:00 AM (PST) everyday and extend the stop recording time 3 to hours later.

It works perfectly for me doing it that way.

I have also written to Thom and being a tech guy, I believe it is the time stamp they are giving DirecTV, either they are not giving the correct code or they have a missing character somewhere in there. I would suggest they talk to Chris, the producer on Stephanie's show to see how he does it because theirs works.

drumzit's picture
drumzit

Trump and His Billionaire Buddies Plot to Destroy Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid

Thom plus logo Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are officially in the crosshairs of the Trump administration, and they intend to go after them this year.