Baby Names

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

6 posts / 0 new

I read a couple baby name books for our two girls or boys during the search since we didn't ask the sex. I guessed girl both times and was right. Ultrasound seemed right brain dominate so I thought girl, and she is also left handed. Anyhow, classic-names-making-comeback? is a neat list for names popular before 1930 and now again.

One of the books said don't make a dumb mistake namining siblings Thomas and Gerald which would ultimately be Tom & Jerry.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Comments

My three granddaughters: Adeline, Gwendolyn and Magnolia— or, Addie, Gwen, and Nolie.

Zenzoe

My daughters ultrasound results were announced last night. A girl in good health.

Legend

Congrats Legend!!

=baby%20watching is good but Illustrated baby watching is even better because of the pictures.

The book is also a documentary by Desmond Morris . He has done a series of films for BBC from body language, to sex differences and more.

The Naked Ape was one of his too. Science and culture can co-exist.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Amazing Baby is his newest and is an upgrade.

He duscusses the bonding and the baby's desires at the most vulnerable yet largest learning period of the human brain.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

I was watching Morris's film on the sexes and near the end a woman's 121st birthday is celebrated to illustrate how women live longer. She was born in 1875 and in 1888 sold paint to Van Gogh. She said he was ugly as sin, mean tempered, and smelled of bourbon or booze, didn't like him at all. The smoked and drank port all her life but quit the smokes at 117.

The women have a better sense of smell but are denied any logical presence in wineries that depend on a NOSE. Old times a supersticion was that if a women went into the cellared fermentation and aging tanks the whole lot would turn to vinegar or sour. Women were forbidden to enter.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Is war on the menu for 2020 elections?

Thom plus logo We complain that democracy is under assault from Donald Trump, but he's just a cog in a much larger worldwide machine that is tearing down democratic self-governance.