California declares emergency from massive tree die-off

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

5 posts / 0 new

Yeah, it's those beetles you know. Link

ABCee's picture
ABCee

Comments

In the past, the beetles were limited to one generation a year or even every other year by temperature. With higher temps, we're seeing multiple generations every year. The beetles are a symptom of a larger problem, GCC. Interestingly enough the trees were able to control the beetle population by closing off the bore holes with their sap. Now the trees' defense mechanism is contributing to its demise.

It's reported that along with the massive pine die-offs other species are at risk, too. Aspen groves and their all-important root systems are dying. Grizzlies may soon feel the pinch too. Mexico's oyamel fir trees--the main habitat of migrating monarchs--are affected by these beetles now as well. Once an ecosystem's extinction cascade begins, can we stop and/or reverse it? Not likely.

"The power of the world always works in circles." ~Black Elk

dsm2ac

We've got to try and stop it.

Speaking of trees, did you know that President Obama's recent decision to REJECT the Keystone XL pipeline spared 100 miles of forest 60 feet wide from destruction for that filthy pipeline. Just had to celebrate that!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee
Quote MrsBJLee:

We've got to try and stop it.

Geoengineering is the cause of climate chaos & tree die-off, and most everybody is turning a blind eye to it. I post graphic videos showing the artificial skies on this message board...so what?

ABCee's picture
ABCee
Quote MrsBJLee:

Just had to celebrate that!

For a second I couldn't believe my eyes then I did a little happy dance.

You are right of course we do need to try to stop it. I just don't see much hope right now given our current political climate.

"The power of the world always works in circles."~Black Elk

dsm2ac

We Know How Far Trump Will Go - How Far Will Republicans Go?

Thom plus logo Colonel Vindman's testimony pretty much proves that Trump was trying to shake down Ukraine for information on Biden, and that the Republicans are doing everything they can to cover up this extortion attempt.