It's finished! President Obama REJECTS the Keystone XL!

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

8 posts / 0 new

Yes indeed, the news is true and I have the video link to prove it. Watch and listen to his reasons. I am so thrilled right now. I personally have spent countless days and hours combing over environmental reports, searching the web, signing petitions, and educating others. This victory is sweet!

We can accomplish big things when we unite for a cause. Of course there are so many others to work on still but take a moment to relish this victory.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?400414-1/president-obama-statement-keystone...

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

It maybe finished, maybe not but in any case it will not have much effect on the Tar Sands development:

http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/2015/11/people-win-obama-rejects-keyst...

Instant-RunOff-...
Quote Instant-RunOff-Voting:

It maybe finished, maybe not but in any case it will not have much effect on the Tar Sands development:

http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/2015/11/people-win-obama-rejects-keyst...

Of course our work is not done. There is more than just the Keystone XL but we deserve to celebrate for a moment, this victory. This was a hard fought victory. It was only announced today!

I read your comment and I agree there are so many things that the president is wrong on and I have always been against his "All of the Above" policies. I wrote to him several times and signed petitions against those policies but we still have a victory here so give us one day to celebrate.

Now we have to work on electing politicians who share our views.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

The People, heh, good one. This is a clear win for Warren Buffet who's financial support of Obama is paying off handsomely.

Oh, and by the way, While TransCanada Corp. essentially abandoned its Keystone XL plan for the past six years, the oil pipeline business has been booming in the United States.

Crude oil pipeline mileage rose 9.1 per cent last year alone to reach 66,649 miles, according to the Association of Oil Pipe Lines

About 12,000 miles of pipeline has been built since Keystone became the protest dujour of the eco loons.

Well done Progs, Well done!

stwo's picture
stwo

In the meantime, the tar sands oil is still being loaded onto trains and trucks to be shipped. Methods that are far more carbon intensive than a pipeline. The left must be proud of themselves.

Kilosqrd's picture
Kilosqrd

Let me refer you to the replys to stwo I posted under BREAKING NEWS, President Obama Rejects the Keystone XL. Enough said.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

I suspect this had more to do with the Candian election than anything else.

gumball's picture
gumball
Quote gumball:

I suspect this had more to do with the Candian election than anything else.

Your statement is vague. What had more to do with the Canadian election?

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

We Know How Far Trump Will Go - How Far Will Republicans Go?

Thom plus logo Colonel Vindman's testimony pretty much proves that Trump was trying to shake down Ukraine for information on Biden, and that the Republicans are doing everything they can to cover up this extortion attempt.