Login not sticking on Linux

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

7 posts / 0 new

It used to work just fine. What changed? I have to log in every time even with the ad blocker off (and it used to work even with the ad blocker on). And yes, Remember Me is checked.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

Comments

It's working fine for me using chrome on Ubuntu 14.04.3. What browser and OS are you using?

mjolnir's picture
mjolnir

Nothing has been changed on the website at all for the log in procedure.

Has there perhaps been a Linux update which has upset things?

webmaster's picture
webmaster
Quote captbebops:

It used to work just fine. What changed? I have to log in every time even with the ad blocker off (and it used to work even with the ad blocker on). And yes, Remember Me is checked.

Have you changed/updated browsers, or any privacy settings on the browser that have changed cookie permissions. Have you tried any other about other browsers?

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

Worked okay today <wink, wink>. FYI, I am using Firefox on Ubuntu 12.04. I didn't change anything and it was up until a week ago logging in just fine with maybe an occasional login in required.

I've been noticing a number of sites seemingly abandoning Linux support which is funny because a number of sites actually use Linux for serving and development.

Yahoo News is one of the most ridiculous as it shows me logged in up in the corner, shows the weather for my city yet says it can't retrieve the news articles for my location. This worked fine up until the start of summer which suggested maybe they had a college intern maintaining it and lost that person.

I also recently purchased an indoor security camera which does not support Linux but when I checked their support section found the camera's source code in their download section. Turns out it the firmware was built using the same Linux distro I use. And I figured out how to access the camera from Linux anyway.

captbebops's picture
captbebops
Quote captbebops:I've been noticing a number of sites seemingly abandoning Linux support which is funny because a number of sites actually use Linux for serving and development.

Sites or web host providers? Even if a site uses OS or browser specific tags, something as simple as a login should be standardized.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX
Quote ulTRAX:
Quote captbebops:I've been noticing a number of sites seemingly abandoning Linux support which is funny because a number of sites actually use Linux for serving and development.

Sites or web host providers? Even if a site uses OS or browser specific tags, something as simple as a login should be standardized.

You're missing my point, if a site developer is using Linux it would be strange for their site not to support it. Yes, logins are just standard code. Some forums I visited have never required another login since I first logged in years ago. These are much bigger and more known sites than this one.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

The Supreme Court Broke Politics - How Do We Now Reform the Supreme Court?

Thom plus logo We complain about the state of American politics; about a mentally ill billionaire in the White House and a Republican Party crawling with hustlers and conmen, and a few in the Democratic Party as well. The complaints are legitimate, but most people don't realize why the situation is as bad as it is.