Where Energy Comes From

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

4 posts / 0 new

Most people think that electricity just comes out of the wall. Or that gasoline just comes out of the pump. This site is excellent for picking out where it comes from. A lot of people work 24/365 to provide this.

http://www.eia.gov/state/maps.cfm?src=home-f3

Legend

Comments

Use the layers app in upper right corner to filter what you want to look at.

Legend

Thanks. One of the facilities near me I have already visited. Its just a small little dam that probably only provides electricity to the immediate region. My county is a little "underdeveloped" so we even have town-sized water districts, although maybe that's not so uncommon I don't know. It does have a lot to do though with how the local municipalities interact with the state (of California) during declared emergencies, etc.

But it got me thinking, its just a little dam along a nice creek out in the woods. It seems to even accentuate the ecology of the area. If sea levels are rising due to climate change, and since rainwater is not being captured due to the effects of deforestation, etc., those kinds of facilities can do a lot of good.

nimblecivet

Your small little dam feeds into the grid. Not just the local area. There are 3 grids in the USA. Western, Eastern and Texas. A grid is kind of like a battery. Some input and some output. Every little bit helps.

Legend

America: Meet Your Overlord Rupert Murdoch...

Thom plus logo The main lesson that we've learned so far from the impeachment hearings is that if Richard Nixon had had a billionaire like Rupert Murdoch with a television network like Fox News behind him, he never would've resigned and America would have continued to be presided over by a criminal.