Governor Brow is Scrapping the $24 Billion Sarcramento Delta Twin Tunnels Water Grab !!!

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

2 posts / 0 new

" ... SACRAMENTO -- With his bushy eyebrows deeply furrowed, Gov. Jerry Brown told a joint session of the Legislature that he will discontinue pursuit of the $24 billion Bay Delta Conservation Plan, which would divert untold gallons of Sacramento River water through two 40-foot-wide tunnels to the Central Valley and Southern California.

"When you get right down to it," he said, "this proposal isn't about conservation and, for that matter, it isn't much of a plan. We're talking about taking water from one place and moving it to another. It's a water grab disguised as an innovational strategy.

"What persuaded me to change my stance is when I did a Google search for an environmental group that endorsed this idea and came up with zero hits." "

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_29322943/barnidge-dreams-raiders-st...

Sacramento Dave's picture
Sacramento Dave

Comments

The above quote seems almost too good to be true. If true, why isn't it headlines in all the news outlets in the state? Instead, I found it tucked into a list of other brief condensed news stories in the not so well known Contra Costa Times. The same article was reprinted in the sports section of the San Jose Mercury News.

Does it smell like an "Onion" ? I hope not. The twin tunnels project is going to environmentally devastate the largest fresh water estuary on the west coast migratory fly way. It would also cause untold damage to the endangered California Salmon who must navigate the delta waters as tiny juvenile fingerlings, then return a few years later as adults on their way upstream to breed. The tunnels would divert much ot the Sacramento River through twin tunnels under the delta to discharge directly into the canals that funnel the Sacramento River to farms and cities hundreds of miles away in southern California.

Sacramento Dave's picture
Sacramento Dave

America: Meet Your Overlord Rupert Murdoch...

Thom plus logo The main lesson that we've learned so far from the impeachment hearings is that if Richard Nixon had had a billionaire like Rupert Murdoch with a television network like Fox News behind him, he never would've resigned and America would have continued to be presided over by a criminal.