Gun sales set another record

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

75 posts / 0 new

Comments

Quote Dexterous:
Quote Legend:

Not avoiding it at all. I told her that the MMPI is currently in 5 languages. I also pointed out that The form 4473 is in 2 languages. If you are going to compare the CA driver liscense test then register your guns, pay an annual registration fee, insure your guns, have a visible number on your guns, pass a proficiency test and have relicensing to use your guns every 5 years. Just like the CA driving laws.

First what percentage of gun nuts do you represent? I do not have knowledge of your history but you indicated once that you work with Air Marhalls. So in all honesty what percentage have 30 concealed carry permits etc that you babble on about.

My guns all have a visible number on them. In accordance with the law. Owning one with an altered or defaced numberis a felony. (examples of why most here who have no knowledge of existing gun laws should refrain from showing their ignorance over and over again).

Cars have a visible license plate front and rear (most states) with the valid year in the lower corner for police to be able to see if it is up to date. Also illegal to alter.

I pass regular proficiency tests. In accordance with the law.

As part of your Air Marshall training?

I have permits valid in over thirty states that require them, along with varying renewal lengths of time in accordance with the law.

As part of your Air Marshall training?

My guns are insured.

For what? Theft? What percentage are insured for liability like a car.

My guns are recorded on form 4473 (mine are in english) with their place of purchase in accordance with the law.

All purchased from a licensed dealer I assume.

The US Fish and Wildlife Service says sportsmen generate $882 million annually in tax revenues which is redistributed in all 50 states for conservation. (you know, the green initive).

Great. I am all for wildlife hunting permits. They should charge more. You do not hunt with an AK47 or Uzi. If you do that should be illegal. There are lots of laws in hunting. What percentage of Gun Nuts are actually hunters?

Now, your job is to convince the courts that drivers licensing is a "right" not a "privilege".

Being an Air Marshall might qualify as a well regulated militia. What percentage of Gun Nuts are in a well regulated militia?

Then, we can discuss why I suddenly sold all my guns and why you hate everyone except those that speak Spanish or English.

Now you are getting dillusional. Two very different subjects in one sentence. Perhaps you can explain both. I speak one african language fluently and can get around in 4 others.

Things for you to ponder before you reply. Give me a law not already on the books in California that would have prevented the shootings by the two Islamic extremists in San Bernardino, California.

They should have beeen required to pass the MMPI in order to purchase a gun. You do not drop off your 6 month old baby and go to a suicide massacre and have all of your screws tight. More will come out on this but the rifles were illegally modified. There should be heavy penalties for who ever sold this modification and installed it. More will come out about the guy that purchased the rifles (who should be liable for what they were used for). Plus 6000 rounds of ammunition should raise a legal flag.

My comments in bold.

Legend

You are sounding more like Pierpont every day. That alone may give you cause to reflect.

To the first nine points.

NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! (my answer in bold)

To the last one, the two radical Islamic terrorists planned a different attack years before the one they actually pulled off. The guns were illegal and bought by a third party. Are you going to give a MMPI test to everyone in America?

Now shall we go back to the difference between a right and a privilege and why you only want English and Spanish speaking people owning guns. Holy shit, now I sound like the fool I addressed earlier. I need a shower.

Dexterous's picture
Dexterous
Quote Dexterous:

You are sounding more like Pierpont every day. That alone may give you cause to reflect.

To the last one, the two radical Islamic terrorists planned a different attack years before the one they actually pulled off. The guns were illegal and bought by a third party. Are you going to give a MMPI test to everyone in America?

Now shall we go back to the difference between a right and a privilege and why you only want English and Spanish speaking people owning guns. Holy shit, now I sound like the fool I addressed earlier. I need a shower.

This is getting complicated. I believe Ultrax is Pierpoint in drag. And you are accusing me of being like her. I will reflect that she is beautiful when angry which makes her beautiful a lot of the time.

Yes give a MMPI test to all Gun purchasers, Does that answer your question. What? Are you afraid that you will fail?

You do need a shower! I can smell you online. Where do you get this bullshit that I only want English and Spanish speaking people to own guns? Make it a specific answer please.

Legend
Quote Dexterous:

So delete your first nine points!

Legend

http://www.usenglish.org/view/305

Where doe your state stand. Mine is English and Spanish only. Should I feel bad. I only feel bad because it is not in Braille.

Legend
Quote Dexterous:
Quote ulTRAX:
Quote Dexterous:

It looks like the Television banning gun ads has had a positive effect. Gun violence is nearly cut in half over the last 25 years with millions and millions more firearms in the publics hands.

Gee... and the drop in crime rates began right after Congress passed background checks too and when states started to pass three strike laws.

Form 4473 was part of the gun control act of 1968.

Overall crime increased from then until the mid to late 1990's, which by some mere coincidence, was when most states started issuing carry permits.

ROTF... yes of course. We should IGNORE the fact that background checks started in 94... and that three strike laws were also growing in popularity. After all, a single criminal could be responsible for untold number of crimes over their "career". Can concealed carry have some effect? Perhaps. If so we'd see it in states where concealed carry laws were tough because it would be what Gun Nuts migt call close to a gun free zone. I live in Mass, one of those states. We're the second lowest in gun deaths of all the states. Where's this magical CC effect?

The claims made for it by fraudulent crackpots like John Lott are laughable. In the eyes of Gun Nut extremists, guns solve all problems related to there being too many guns, and NICS only stops law abiding citizens.

Hey, that fraudulent crackpot sounds a lot like you.

All Hail Guns!!!

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX
Quote Legend:This is getting complicated. I believe Ultrax is Pierpoint in drag. And you are accusing me of being like her. I will reflect that she is beautiful when angry which makes her beautiful a lot of the time.
Whoa there big fella... I'm a guy. Maybe that avatar I once used, shot back in '71 in my long hair hippie days, threw you off.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX
Quote Dexterous:Now shall we go back to the difference between a right and a privilege...
How about adding a mandate?

Gun Nut extremists love to hide behind the Second... once they dishonestly strip away the well regulated militia clause and remake the Constitution in their image.

But inherent in the concept of the militias of the day was that it was made up of ordinary able bodied men of a certain age... and when Congress finally wrote up the requirements for the new militia system called for in the Constitution it MANDATED that these militia members procure their own guns.

That every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch, with a box therein, to contain not less than twenty four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of powder and ball; or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch, and powder-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a pound of powder; and shall appear so armed, accoutred and provided, when called out to exercise or into service, except, that when called out on company days to exercise only, he may appear without a knapsack.

http://www.constitution.org/mil/mil_act_1792.htm

In that context the Second should be seen for WHAT IT SAYS... not bastardized for the pleasure of intellectually dishonest Gun Nut extremists looking to legitimize their obsession.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX
Quote ulTRAX:
Quote Legend:This is getting complicated. I believe Ultrax is Pierpoint in drag. And you are accusing me of being like her. I will reflect that she is beautiful when angry which makes her beautiful a lot of the time.
Whoa there big fella... I'm a guy. Maybe that avatar I once used, shot back in '71 in my long hair hippie days, threw you off.

I am so confused. Ultax is pierpoint in drag. What next, Dex is transgender?

Legend
Quote Dexterous:
Quote rs allen:

Dex, why don't you tell him keeping a gun around only increases the odds of something bad happening? Why didn't you tell him that he faces a far greater danger than a home invasion every day he gets in the car to go where ever both personally and to his family if they happen to be in the car at the same time? Why didn't you explain if he wanted to increase exponentially his existential risk that the motorcycle was a good way to go about it? Why dex do you perpetuate the wild west mentality?

An easy answer,

I feel Chicago Matt is intelligent enough to make decisions for himself and not fall into the fountain of misinformation that pours out of Thom Hartmann on a topic he has absolutely no knowledge of, and is spoon fed his gun rants directly from one of Michael Bloomberg's websites.

As far as the rest of his followers who bask in his tripe? Based on the apparent shallow pool of callers, I do not worry they have the power to change a quarter.

Nobody has the power to change a quarter, the quarter has to want the change itself, the change is within but a pair-a-dime shift has been seen.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/12/11/9891664/daily-show-mas...

Legend

Obama, love him or hate him, has been the greatest firearms salesman in US history.

Kilosqrd's picture
Kilosqrd

reply #63

Yes, the demagogues from the right should be proud of themselves. It's the only thing they've accomplished in eight years.

rs allen
Quote Dexterous:I feel Chicago Matt is intelligent enough to make decisions for himself and not fall into the fountain of misinformation that pours out of Thom Hartmann on a topic he has absolutely no knowledge of, and is spoon fed his gun rants directly from one of Michael Bloomberg's websites.
Gee Einstein... what misinformation is that? Can it be that Bloomberg conducted a series of stings at gunshows and proved it was EASY to buy firearms even though the buyers admitted they would probably fail a background check? Even most FFLs gladly sold to straw buyers.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX
Quote Kilosqrd:

Obama, love him or hate him, has been the greatest firearms salesman in US history.

Nah, all any increased gun sales prove is Gun Nuts are somewhat dimwitted and easy to manipulate by irresponsible groups like the NRA, extremist groups like GOA, or those who make money selling guns.

I do, in part, understand the mentality. When the FCC was going to outlaw scanners that picked up analogue cell phone calls, I made sure I bought one that still had that capability. But why would any legal buyer fear that tightening up background checks they already can pass, would affect them unless this was misrepresented as a complete ban?

Gun Nut extremists just are as irrational as they are gullible.

ulTRAX's picture
ulTRAX

On a day the Dow drops nearly 300 points,

Shares of gun manufacturers soared again on Tuesday after President Barack Obama unveiled gun control measures and Smith & Wesson Holding Corp released a more bullish financial outlook.
Smith & Wesson shares were up 12.2 percent to $26.12 in morning trade after touching a record high of $26.54 earlier in the session. Shares of rival Sturm Ruger & Co jumped 7.4 percent to $65.95 after rising to a 1-1/2-year high of $66.93.

Thank you President obama. You are truly a useful idiot for the gun industry. Gun manufacturers don't need the NRA, the have you working for them.

Dexterous's picture
Dexterous

Shares of both Smith and Wesson and of Sturm Ruger are up over 900% since Obama took office in 2009. Thank you Obama.

Kilosqrd's picture
Kilosqrd

Gun nuts are the most gullible ignorant goofballs in the states. They think oulawing sales of guns to known terrorists, felons, domestiic abusers [aka gop base] means "Obama's trying to take my guns, better stock up, and build a bunker".

The nra knows gun tragedies increase sales and ought to hand out 2 for 1 coupons for guns at mental health clinics or at least outside the VA mental facilities that deny treatment for so many. Buy one get one promos would get more guns into the unstable and increase sales even more.

American business succcess is poisoning a community then offering more poison to treat the affliction. The most gun owner state is 3rd in line for the most gun homicides, So many guns might indicate market saturation, and all those killed don't need their guns anymore, so they ought to dilute sales but for the ignorance of the dumbasses that think the UN black helicopters are-a-comin'.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Target shooting is the perfect sport for the average fat ass American. No running, no aerobics. Just breath in that lead dust. At a buck a bullet you can burn some cash quick with semi auto. plus breath in more lead dust. Roman empire collapsed because they were drinking out of lead mugs.

Legend

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/21-unbelievable-facts-guns-america-2022008...

Lead poisoning must cause gun nuts to buy more guns,

http://projects.seattletimes.com/2014/loaded-with-lead/1/

Legend
Quote douglaslee:

Gun nuts are the most gullible ignorant goofballs in the states. They think oulawing sales of guns to known terrorists, felons, domestiic abusers [aka gop base] means "Obama's trying to take my guns, better stock up, and build a bunker".

Over medicationn and lack of sleep getting to you? Everything you mentioned is already a law on the books for 20 years or more.

I forgot, you live in Sweden and don't know US laws.

Dexterous's picture
Dexterous
Quote Legend:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/21-unbelievable-facts-guns-america-2022008...

Lead poisoning must cause gun nuts to buy more guns,

http://projects.seattletimes.com/2014/loaded-with-lead/1/

Thanks for the bump.

Dexterous's picture
Dexterous

Dex. if you ever get blood in your lead system you will die.

Legend

In the 60s 50% of the country had guns, now 35% do. Fewer guns in the hands of nuts that pull them for parking space or just because the waittress dissed him over his cigarrette means fewer deaths, but more mass shootings. The two in San Bernardino were just assimilating and being the average american that is pissed off and they did what americans do. The US is the only western country that allows you to shoot to kill an unarmed fleeing thief that lifted a cd from your car (on the books in FL). The pro-life country kills more from guns than any other western country, or first world. Since the US is now a third world country with a dysfunctional governing system it should be graded on a curve and compared to like countries, for instance it does surpass Haiti.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Trump Briefs His Buddies at Mar-A-Lago but Not Congress - WHAT?!

Thom plus logo Donald Trump refused to brief the only branch of government that has the power to make war about his attack on Iranian General Soleimani.