Proofreader needed

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

4 posts / 0 new

Proofreader needed (Portland)

compensation: mostly voluntary, compensation if the anthology is successful
marc1seed@yahoo.com

Next week I hope to upload an ebook on Smashwords.com "Alternative Economics: Reversing Stagnation." The 138-page anthology will have translated articles by Austrian, Swiss, Polish and German critical economists. A picture of FDR will be on the cover so many people will be attracted.

The second book is a 45-page study "Myths of the Economy" by the Austrian community beigewum.at. State myths, labor myths, business myths and social myths (e.g. tax competition, evil regulation) are explained. This study really cries out for editing.

Editing and proofreading could help the readability. Sometimes changing a word or eliminating a sentence or paragraph can make all the difference.
If the anthology is successful, I'd want to give you a fair compensation.
Please send me your email so I can send the Word document. Thanks, Marc

demandside's picture
demandside

Comments

Fair compensation would be a percentage of the profits, should there be any? Did you have any idea what percentage? I'm good at proofreading, but it is a time consuming task, especially for something book length.

Comfort Myrtlebank's picture
Comfort Myrtlebank

Fair compensation would be around 10% of the profits.

The study "Myths of the Economy" is 45 pages and really needs proofreading. I'd be happy to send it to you and you could see if it's a viable project. Thanks! Knowledge of German and/or economic theory would probably be helpful.

demandside's picture
demandside

You're not willing to pay even minimum wage?

gumball's picture
gumball

Trump and His Billionaire Buddies Plot to Destroy Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid

Thom plus logo Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are officially in the crosshairs of the Trump administration, and they intend to go after them this year.