Sodastream

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

7 posts / 0 new

Thom, I was disappointed to hear you read a commercial today for Sodastream. You should know that is a product that is produced on "settlers" land in Palestine. Please support the BDS movement and the Palestinian cause by boycotting this product. Help stop the Occupation and Opression of Palestine. Thank You,

Chuck Adelsman

chuckadelsman's picture
chuckadelsman

Comments

He knows.

stwo's picture
stwo

They closed the west bank plant last year, the (former) Palestinian employees thank you for your support!

gumball's picture
gumball

And have they turned the land back to the Palestinians?

chuckadelsman's picture
chuckadelsman
Quote chuckadelsman:

And have they turned the land back to the Palestinians?

I would assume they were just leasing the building.

gumball's picture
gumball

I wonder how the unemployed Palestinians formerly working for Sodastream feel about your boycott?

Gnarlodious's picture
Gnarlodious

"They closed the west bank plant last year, the (former) Palestinian employees thank you for your support!"

True. The operators claim it was just a matter of economics--the new plant, in Israeli territory as internationally recognized, is cheaper to run. However 400 former Palestinian employees are now unemployed, and I can't help thinking that BSD had something to do with it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/03/sodastream-leaves-west-bank...

dorfman

If Americans Die in a Pandemic - Blame the GOP

Thom plus logo As a possible pandemic looms on the horizon, the United States is the only developed nation in the world without a national healthcare system. Medicare For All is not just about saving as much as half of all of our half healthcare dollars, it's also about national security.