New here to the boards

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

11 posts / 0 new

Just registered to link an article that happened in my state.

Article is from Huffpo but also saw on my local news channel.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/confederate-flag-dispute-arrest_us_5...

What are your thoughts on this?

Homeles's picture
Homeles

Comments

Checked the link and it still works. Was just curious why no one is commenting on this?

Don't want flaming or crap responses.

Also has RT become a Fox News affiliate? Boom Bust talking about the Dem debate.

Repeated what Hillary said about Sanders and the auto bailout but,like Hillary, didn't supply the rest. Leaves viewers thinking Sanders voted against the bailout.

Anyone else see this?

Homeles's picture
Homeles

I was trying to paste a paragraph about Louisana's "Stand Your Ground Law" The owner of the land was correct in how he handled the situation. He did fear for his life when the "confederate" guy started to walk (to his car?) leaving his stuff on the ground. I hope the owner of the land (forgot his name) wins; he was clearly in the right. Probably would have been best to have called the police, instead of confronting a confederate.

argonaut's picture
argonaut

I didn't watch Boom Bust. On CNN this morning hostess Ashleigh Banfield stated that she knew Bernie's history and was surprised that he didn't state it more forcefully.

She told how he was for the auto bailout bill, which was voted down. Then the next bill about the auto bailout also had the Wall Street bailout...that one he voted against.

I like RT, that's where you can watch Thom Hartmann and Ed Schultz. They also cover world news in depth. Learned from RT how Turkey is killing the Kurdish. The U.S. has sold Turkey large major bombs (Turkey is a NATO member). Turkey is helping ISIS. U.S. Media is just talking about Trump.

I'm watching Ed Schultz now and one guest just stated what I've been thinking...she should release her speeches...deal with them now before the Republicans release them later. Some people must have been recording them.

argonaut's picture
argonaut

He (property owner) shouldnt have even been arrested; the guy(merchandiser) was tresspassing;

From what family tells me about the parish and what the article says about the past maybe calling the cops would have been a bad idea?

If anything, call a bunch of friends then the cops maybe?

wonder if there is anyway to keep tabs on how the situation is going for the property owner.

I have all but completely quit watching msn. For someone on CNN to give props to Bernie is good. My tv stays on rt. I flip to the other news stations from time to time and get reminded that I quit watching due to the quesy feeling in the pit of my stomach i get when I hear Trump this Trump that. I understand some people like Trump. whatever. those channels should change their name to TNN or MSTBC.

Sorry gotta stop...getting quesy again

K, back, sorry

enjoy Thom Hartmann's show, watching the hawks , Ed schultz,

Oh! Redacted Tonight! ;)

Thom spoke with Kennedy, (Robert I beleive), along those same lines except it was Saudi that the money was going to. Saudi teaching some extreme religion and they go on to become ISIS. The truth will come out.

Homeles's picture
Homeles

The Saudis created alQaeda too, w/Reagan's approval. Reagan assisted Sadaam in the Iraq/Iran war that Reagan encouraged. Saudis have the 4th most powerful military in the world and are now using it in alliance w/Isis in Yemen. The US is on the same side, too, with Isis. Iran has never annexed land from neighbors nor started any wars, unlike Israel. Israel wants Wahabis because they keep the US fully engaged in the middle east. Iran would bring stability, stability threatens the likuds that need a permanent war footing.

The end of the cold war threatened the GOP, since their schtick was always defense at whatever cost and if there is no enemy, create one (by way of wahabism). AlQaeda/Isis/boco Haram, etc all picked up the baton from the cold warriors with GOP assistance. When 50% of all discretionary spending is military, losing your welfare payments would be devastating. The MIC are the biggest welfare leeches, and biggest fraudsters.

They arranged for 58,000 Americans to be killed in Vietnam, 6,000 in Iraq, and more to come. Killing citizens is a normal practice in pursuit of profit. The mass shootings recently have increased sales for the gun industry, death is good for business.

Killing Americans based on fraud (Tonkin Gulf, Iraq WMD), foreclosing on Americans based on fraud, assigning Americans to debtors prisons based on fraud (for profit colleges and college loans), appointing a president based on fraud (Bush v Gore) all seem to be following a trend. To play in the corporate sandbox, you must learn fraud or you will not be invited.The godfather of fraud as normal was Eddie Bernays. His methods are in the televangelist field too, but defrauding for jesus sounds benign.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote Homeles:

I guess Karl Malone isn't the only African-American redneck.

How the hell is this "stand your ground?" If your tenant is late with the rent can you pull a gun on her and demand her wallet?

chilidog
Quote chilidog:
Quote Homeles:

I guess Karl Malone isn't the only African-American redneck.

How the hell is this "stand your ground?" If your tenant is late with the rent can you pull a gun on her and demand her wallet?

huh?

Homeles's picture
Homeles

The answer is, no, you can't.

chilidog

It's Louisiana, just one of a number of southern states where the gun culture is prominent. It appears Mr. Rayford has assimilated well into the white man's culture in the South. Of course, Rayford should have called in the gendarmes but who trusts a sheriff in this part of the world?

Don't know how the Middle East got into the conversation here except that there may be some dark ages similarities in ignorance. We are supposed to have a rational and fair justice system in this country but there is a constant fight to make it work.

Combad57's picture
Combad57

In TX you're allowed to shoot to kill anyone even if they aren't on your property and even if they are unarmed. In LA I bet if he shot the guy wielding confederate flags he could make the case that he is allergic to said flags and they cause involuntary reactions. Then he could apologize and assure the court he will put up warning signs about confederate memorabilia.

"Display confederate shit at your own risk"

"The landowner has the right to ignite or shred confederate junk and on sundays crucify confederate junk after tarring and feathering it"

"Confederate junk can be used in lieu of toilet paper in the porta-potty on the property."

"Confederate junk can also be used in lieu of the toilet bowl in the porta-potty, and the owner is under no obligation to flush after the junk is full from a bowel movement"

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Trump and His Billionaire Buddies Plot to Destroy Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid

Thom plus logo Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are officially in the crosshairs of the Trump administration, and they intend to go after them this year.