RIP Prince

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

5 posts / 0 new

Wow-what a shock! The guy was thin, in good shape and I wasn't aware of drug usage. This artist was a genius. I had the luck to see him on the Purple Rain Tour. He could play guiter like Hendix, dance like Michael and play piano like Elton. And he wrote his own music. I wasn't into the funk so much, but Purple Rain is a favorite.

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/2016/04/21/83341114/

DynoDon

Comments

Another amazing thing was that he stuck to his career and became a star even after being booed off the stage while opening for the Rolling Stones early in his career.

DynoDon

From another country in same time of the mid-8o's, "Prince" and his music was the sound-track of my coming-of-age time, teenager yrs, (much rebelion),most I guess beacuse his influence was interantional, inter-ratial, inter-multi-etc- gender, he was a musical evryman with supporting of female even drummers, guitarists, gays straight black/white-indeterminate/whatever while HE remained an exceptional individual...... he was a distinct gift and irreplaceable loss..........one of a kind of a human/ artist,.to "Gen X-ers", Prince was indeed royalty............he joins the such also sad recent lost of Bowie.............we knew Bowie was ill, but Prince, seemed prime/ageless time of life, thus the shock...........I'd visited his Minneapolis club/and took a tour to see his boyhood home..........so ordinary, the house in a neighborhood..........but such an extraordinay.......ahhh, took him for granted, must admit, like a back-pocket God, he'd always be here to stir things up/innivate........

peace for Prince, still feeling schocked

thankyou,

mrs.vonderhoffholz

mrs.vonderhoffholz's picture
mrs.vonderhoffholz

Though I find him weird and I only know two of his songs "When the Doves Cry" and "Purple Rain" I can't deny that he is talented and a total entertainer.

Cass Chase's picture
Cass Chase

Let this open American eyes! It looks like he was addicted to pain medication for years. People-90% of all opioids are prescribed in the United States. Other countries don't use them for chronic pain and even the AMA admits now that they don't work and should not be prescribed long term. Welcome to our for-profit healthcare system and the rich doctors and Big Pharma.

DynoDon

What Do Democrats Really Want?

Thom plus logo Thomas Friedman, the confused billionaire, told us decades ago that "free trade" is what made the Lexus a successful product when, in fact, it was decades of Japanese government subsidies and explicit tariffs that did so.