Thom's app issues

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

13 posts / 0 new

We are aware that there is an issue with the Apple version of Thom's app and are investigating. Currently, we don't know why it is crashing.

In the meantime, here are ways to find your podcast subscription.

---

ITUNES

1. Log-In at thomhartmann.com using your email address and password.

2. Click your user name at the top right and select "My Account"

3. There, you will find a box headed "Your podcast feed URL"

4. You need to highlight and copy that code

Then:
5. Open iTunes.

6. Select File --> Subscribe to Podcast.(Older versions require Advanced --> Subscribe to Podcast")

7. A new window appears with a textbox. Enter in the url you copied.

8. The latest episode will then start to automatically download into
iTunes.

9. Check the Podcast folder in your ITunes and look for THOM HARTMANN

10. Make sure Itunes Preferences are set to select download all not just
most recent. This will insure that all three hours are downloaded.

-----

LISTENING FROM THE WEBSITE

1. Log-in at www.thomhartmann.com using your email address and password.

2. Click the 'Podcast & Newsletter' tab.

3. There, you will see the recent podcasts.

4. Depending on your computer settings, clicking one of the podcasts will play it on your machine.

5. You may be able to save the podcast and transfer to your MP3 device. How that works will depend on your MP3 device and computer.

webmaster's picture
webmaster

Comments

What if Hillary wins the nomination and then the transcripts are released by Trump's banking buddy's. He can say he's not bought out like she is.

Jide6910's picture
Jide6910

Having a hard time selecting the podcast url from safari and chrome using my phone. I will try the desktop version later.

Zotzot's picture
Zotzot

Is there any progress with the iPhone app?

Rightwngh8tr's picture
Rightwngh8tr

Here in central Missouri podcasts on my iPod are about the only way I have to listen to Thom's programs. Jonesing for a fix to the app so I can listen again, thanks

KevinII's picture
KevinII

Yes, been bummed my iPhone app isn't working still, it is my much preferred manner of listening to the show. Waaaaaaa!

winstdilow's picture
winstdilow

Free Speech TV literally has the weakest signal strength of all of the channels on DirectTV... I can get every channel except for Free Speech TV... I have some trees that need pruning but every other channel has no problem, with the treetops except for FreeSpeechTV. Good thing I never sent them money because it's unwatchable.

And now Thom's app is unlistenable?

I suppose I can stream from youtube but I can only do that when I am at home. Streaming video through my 3G connection eats my data plan up something fierce.

Thoms rhetoric of kissing Hillary's ass is becoming way to disgusting for me... screw the show... it just makes me scream at my TV these days. Thom coming out as a liberal in progressive clothing was a revelation I didnt want to experience... of course he's an establishment Democrat and was always in on Bernie being a Sheepdog candidate.

But you watch his RT show and he's a progressive and not a liberal... but on his radio show he's a liberal?!?!? WTF? Which is the real Thom?

zmb's picture
zmb

We are as frustared as you folks on the current app.

However, the good news is, that the completely new version of the app is 99% complete and we hope to have it available in May.

We'll announce it everywhere as soon as it is ready for download.

Thanks for your understanding.

webmaster's picture
webmaster

My experience: the app continually crashed so I thought I would uninstall and reinstall. Uninstall worked fine :-) but then, a search for the app turned up nothing.

dorfman

does anyone care that TH's site is being overtaken by some kinds of propoganda posters?

thankyou,

mrsvonderhoffholz

mrs.vonderhoffholz's picture
mrs.vonderhoffholz

dorfman : As advised in this thread, the new app is due to be available in May, as the existing one had become unstable.

-Nigel-
Webmaster

webmaster's picture
webmaster

Do what you gotta do and we'll try to watch/listen somehow or some way.

The youtube streaming is pretty bad too... 240 pixels wide and the sound quality is terrible... gets constant inteference and digital artifacts due to the compression too.

Progressive Voices app isn't bad but konks out on me too.

Kind of strange it's all happening at once... Free Speech TVs signal is being reduced or jammed on a regular basis. Something is wrong and I'll bet it has everything to do with the election.

zmb's picture
zmb

FRIDAY:

The new versions of Thom's app was set loose in the Apple App Store today.

For details, please read this message:

https://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/2016/05/new-version-thoms-iphoneipad-...

-Nigel-
Webmaster

webmaster's picture
webmaster

What Do Democrats Really Want?

Thom plus logo Thomas Friedman, the confused billionaire, told us decades ago that "free trade" is what made the Lexus a successful product when, in fact, it was decades of Japanese government subsidies and explicit tariffs that did so.