WHY I AM ASKING FOR YOUR SUPPORT AT PATREON?

Your support of the program is invaluable. Producing the Thom Hartmann Program is a labor of love for the team, but doesn't come without cost. We supply the program to non-profit, community and volunteer radio and cable stations across the US. However, this isn't cost-free and being a supporter through Patreon means you can help us to meet some of the bills, to allow us to continue free supply to the non-profit sector.

As a way of saying thank you, we would like to give you something back for your support at various levels. Every weekday, the live Thom Hartmann Program three hour program is recorded exclusively for Patreon supporters. Unedited, the full three-hour video will be right here on the Patreon page, within a couple of hours of the end of the live program. And we're also providing extra videos exclusive to sponsors.
Sponsor Special: How to Stop Your Food From Killing You. The American diet is now killing more people than high blood pressure and smoking

Become a Thom Supporter- Click the Patreon button

NEW version of Thom's iPhone/iPad App Released Today

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

9 posts / 0 new

Hello

This is a long message and advises important information for users of Thom Hartmann's iPhone/iPad app. (If you use the Android app, then you can ignore all that follows).

The new Thom Hartmann iPhone/iPad app is now available through the app store.

IMPORTANT : Please delete the OLD app from your iOS device and then download the new one using the search term "Thom Hartmann". Having the old app could cause some issues and access to it will be closed in a few days in any case.

Here are details on how to access the podcasts with the new app:

NON-SUBSCRIBERS
If you are not a subscriber to the podcasts, simply:
(1) Delete the old app from your device
(2) Download the new app from the Apple App Store - that's it
=====

WEBSITE SUBSCRIPTIONS
If you subscribed through Thom's website:
(3) Download the new app from the Apple App Store
(3) Open the app and click the 'Podcast' button
(4) Click the 'Already a subscriber?" button
(5) Enter the email address and password from Thom's site (NOT you Apple details)
(6) Your website subscription will then link to the new app
=====

MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION VIA THE OLD APP
If your monthly subscription was started using the old app and therefore through the Apple Store, you have not been charged any subscription costs for the past couple of months.

To use the new app, you will need a fresh subscription. You will need to subscribe using Thom's website as follows:
(2) Download the new app from the Apple App Store
(3a) If you already have a profile at Thom's website site, then sign in with your email and password, or
(3b) if you don't have a profile Thom's website the site, you will need to click the "Register" link at the top right of the screen and follow through from there
(4) Go to www.thomhartmann.com/podcast
(5) Subscribe for a fresh monthly subscription (or yearly if you prefer)
(6) Then, open the app and click the 'Podcast' button
(7) Click the 'Already a subscriber?" button
(8) Enter the email address and password from Thom's site (NOT you Apple details)
(9) Your website new subscription will then link to the app
=====

YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION VIA THE OLD APP
If your yearly subscription was using the old app and therefore through the Apple Store, then we don' know that. Apple withhold details of the original subscription.

Shortly, the old app will stop working completely, so we need to you help us link you up to the new system as follows:
(1) Advise us by replying to this email that you hold a yearly subscription via the Apple Store
(2) Forward a copy of your yearly subscription receipt from Apple to confirm your subscription
(3) We can then provide you access to the podcast, which will run until the yearly renewal date
=====

THE OLD APP
This is working for some subscribers, but not others. We will be switching off the podcast feed to the old app in a few days, so it will stop working completely. As advised above, please delete the old app now to avoid any issues.
=====

On Thom's behalf, we thank you for your patience during the switch over from the old faulty app, to the brand new version.

If you need any further help, please do NOT reply to this message, but email webmaster@thomhartmann.com and we will do what we can to assist.

Best wishes.

-Nigel-
Webmaster

webmaster's picture
webmaster

Comments

The new app requires iOS 8. I really wish you had left it compatible with older versions as I have an old device that cannot be upgraded to iOS 8. Is there anything in the app that really requires 8?

So I am excluded from the app on my iOS device.

dorfman

Hi dorfman

We had to replace the broken app with a new verson and Apple wonlt allow us to write for an older version of iOS.

-Nigel-

webmaster's picture
webmaster

Hi Robert

I have delted your message as it included partial order and credit card details and yoir email address.

Your subscrition is via the website and will renew towards the end of June.

Please contract me via webmaster@thomhartmann.com rather than on the message board if you need any assistance with the renewal at that time.

-Nigel-

webmaster's picture
webmaster

You are not allowed to write software that is downward compatible (i.e., works with an older version of the OS)? Apple must be really tight. Clearly software must work with the latest OS but I can't understand why they would want it *not* to work with an older one.

dorfman

Webmaster sas new app released today. Apple store does not find under :thom hartmann. Does something just need to catch up?

rolczdg

Hi rolczdg

The app is there in the iStore, and using both my iPhone and iPad. Just checked a moment ago and it shows in all three places.

-Nigel-

webmaster's picture
webmaster

Still doesn't show for me. I go to the apple store and

type thom hartmann in the search window at the top right side of page. then I hit enter and a search not found page pops up. I can see no other way to do it. Do you have any suggestions?

rolczdg

Hello Nigel,

The new App created by Roll Seo does not have the option to delete downloaded podcasts. You replied to my comment I sent from the iPhone app, and i appreciate that.

I want to know if the solution to this is to simply delete the app from the phone and load again?

Can you give me a direct email to Roll Seo? I've gone to their site and there is no email to the app developer specifically.

Thank you

Leif

LeifEricM

No More Presidential Immunity!

Thom plus logo When Richard Nixon committed multiple Felonies, including accepting bribes in cash in the White House, Jerry Ford chose to pardon him.

When Ronald Reagan committed treason in 1980 to get elected, Attorney General Bill Barr shut down the investigation in 1992 with five pardons.