Scientists Aren't Always Right

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

5 posts / 0 new

Here in Southern California, we faced a barrage of dire predictions about the coming El Nino rainy season. My condo association even raised dues $5 month to buy flood insurance. What has happened-little rain in SoCal.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-el-nino-socal-missed-reasons...

Why did El Niño miss SoCal? It's complicated, National Weather Service says

DynoDon

Comments

Meteorology, as a science is a highly complex probability approximation. That means, in small sample sizes there are higher degrees of variance within that approximation. The larger the sample size, and the more data that continues repeatable patterns the more reliable the proability approximations will be.

If you're equating a season for any other bigger predictions, like global climate change, they are not comparable. Sample sizes and historical data allows for more accurate modeling and probability predictions.

pokerzion's picture
pokerzion

It is now rapidly changing to La Nina, which will likely (historically) result in extreme draught again for the Southwest.

Legend

Seems it never rains in Southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya
It pours, man, it pours

Scientists are only as right as their research. The Laws of Physics are what is never wrong. CO2 retains heat longer than Nitrogen and Oxygen. Heat expands water. Physics created global warming from fossil fools emissions. It has gotten worse due to GOPer religionists gossip protecting the fossil fools. Why is it the religionists are the first to destroy nature and then if questioned, deny it? Isn't that what their god created? Why do they believe synthetics from humans are always better? I can't seem to find the Bible passage where it says Profits over People. We're getting our levels back in Central Coast CA. One problem is the dozen corporations using the most water exporting their products getting rich without compensating the rest of us. If we are to supply the nations veggies, we should get our water back for it. Many water wasters are getting rich in spite of the drought harming all of us.

DdC's picture
DdC

Pack a bowl, D

stwo's picture
stwo

Trump and His Billionaire Buddies Plot to Destroy Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid

Thom plus logo Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are officially in the crosshairs of the Trump administration, and they intend to go after them this year.