THE DNC NEEDS YOUR FEEDBACK!!!

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

13 posts / 0 new

Next week is the Democratic National Convention. Whether they know it or not, the DNC needs your feedback on what to talk about during those four nights of primetime TV.

Personally, I believe speakers at the convention will be focusing on issues that 90% of the voters in key swing states, like Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania, just don't care about.

Rather than talking about tens of millions of Republican families benefitting from the Family Medical Leave Act that President Clinton signing into law, I predict Democrats will choose to talk about transgender bathrooms and gains made by the LGBT community under their watch.

Rather than talking about how Republicans tried to privatize Social Security in 2005, with Democrats blocking them, I predict they will be spending that time talking about Black Lives Matter.

Rather than talking about 40 years of conservative ideology destroying the once great American middle class, I predict they will use that time to remind us that law enforcement needs to check itself.

Rather than reminding Americans that the most devestating attack on our homeland occurred right after GW Bush returned from a month-long vacation of chopping wood in Crawford TX, Democrats will use that time to talk about cap & trade.

Rather than reminding Americans that the worst foreign policy blunder in the history of our nation occurred when GW Bush made the decision to remove Saddam Hussein from power, which permanently destabilized the Middle East, we will hear Democrats remind us that Isam is the religion of peace.

The Democratic Party is looking for more ideas on how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, so if any of you can think of any other highly relevant issues that might impact the aforementioned swing states, the DNC would appreciate your feedback.

NorthBayProgressive's picture
NorthBayProgressive

Comments

The bathroom would be stupid to talk about! The economy, jobs, Republicans trying to privatize everything should be discussed! Minimum wage, education, jobs though I assume will be the focus!

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer

It's the economy stupid!

The history of the economy under the Democrats vs the Republicans should be the focus. They should follow Ross Perot's lead and break out the charts. I would make it educational, but entertaining at the same time.

It also needs to focus on the Democrats and not Hillary because everyone already has an opinion on her.

I would also call out the Republicans for their bigotry. Show video clips of them saying how policy X will destroy the country and then let people figure it out for themselves. I'd have a video montage of Republicans talking about death panels and then show the truth about the ACA helping people.

And if they really want to win big... nominate Bernie!

Gilbert's picture
Gilbert
Quote NorthBayProgressive:Rather than reminding Americans that the worst foreign policy blunder in the history of our nation occurred when GW Bush made the decision to remove Saddam Hussein from power, which permanently destabilized the Middle East, we will hear Democrats remind us that Isam is the religion of peace.

Why remind the voters the Hillary was a supporter of this policy and pushed Obama into what he described as his biggest mistake, intervention in Syria.

gumball's picture
gumball

How about an Open Letter to the oligarchy instead? Since your party no longer reflects or represents my political views, please remove any of my personal information from your records. I understand that your removal list is getting long, but please process this quickly.

Tony_Hampton_VA's picture
Tony_Hampton_VA

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }

I wonder whether the current Democratic Party leadership has the political sense to listen? Here is my message:

You damn fools sabotaged the Populist Movement of Bernie Sanders that would have easily beat any Republican ticket. You blocked a clear statement against TPP in the Democratic Platform. You have made no clear statement against a lame duck vote on TPP. DWS supports pay day lenders. Bill Clinton publicly supports a VP candidate - Kaine - who is sponsoring removing controls on Wall Street banks. On and on...

In the next few days, Hillary Clinton will choose a VP. If she does not select Elizabeth Warren or, miracle of miracles, Bernie Sanders, and she does not clearly and loudly come out against a lame duck vote on TPP, she could hand the election to the Republicans.

If the orange Mussolini and ayatollah Pence actually get elected, IT WILL BE DEMOCRAT'S FAULT for continuing to take corp and oligarch bribes like nothing has changed! Ever heard of Brexit? All contributions I make will be direct to the Progressive candidates Bernie Sanders approves. I will never trust any direction from the current establishment Democratic party.

As far as I am concerned, Bernie is the de facto leader of the new Progressive Democratic Party. You guys are politically the walking dead and you still don't know it.

ronsears

Ron, as a fellow Bernie Sanders voter and supporter, I genuinely appreciate your sentiments. With that said, Republicans made a point of driving home a mantra during their four day convention - that this election will be a "binary choice".

I suspect millions of reactionaries had to look that word up to understand what they meant, but that didn't prevent them from driving home the point whenever a camera was shoved in their face. Bernie supporters need to have a "come to Jesus" moment with reality. It was Ralph Nader Voters who gave us GW Bush and subsequently 9/11, the Iraq War, a permanently distablized Middle East, and perhaps most relevant to you, the Citizens United law ensuring big money in politics. That is a verifiable fact.

Money is a reality of American politics and always will be. God knows that Bernie spent tens of millions trying to win the White House. The more relevant question is where that money comes from. If you truly want big corporate money out of politics, you will forget about Hillary and vote for a Supreme Court that will overturn Citizens United. This election is not about Hillary versus Trump, or Democrats versus Republicams. It's about stopping serious evil from happening in your children's lifetime, RIGHT HERE in America. Sitting this election out or voting for anyone OTHER than Hillary is a vote for evil. That is a hard cold fact that even Bernie himself would tell you. Please be smart.

NorthBayProgressive's picture
NorthBayProgressive
Quote NorthBayProgressive:Next week is the Democratic National Convention. Whether they know it or not, the DNC needs your feedback on what to talk about during those four nights of primetime TV. Personally, I believe speakers at the convention will be focusing on issues that 90% of the voters in key swing states, like Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania, just don't care about. Rather than talking about tens of millions of Republican families benefitting from the Family Medical Leave Act that President Clinton signing into law, I predict Democrats will choose to talk about transgender bathrooms and gains made by the LGBT community under their watch. Rather than talking about how Republicans tried to privatize Social Security in 2005, with Democrats blocking them, I predict they will be spending that time talking about Black Lives Matter. Rather than talking about 40 years of conservative ideology destroying the once great American middle class, I predict they will use that time to remind us that law enforcement needs to check itself. Rather than reminding Americans that the most devestating attack on our homeland occurred right after GW Bush returned from a month-long vacation of chopping wood in Crawford TX, Democrats will use that time to talk about cap & trade. Rather than reminding Americans that the worst foreign policy blunder in the history of our nation occurred when GW Bush made the decision to remove Saddam Hussein from power, which permanently destabilized the Middle East, we will hear Democrats remind us that Isam is the religion of peace. The Democratic Party is looking for more ideas on how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, so if any of you can think of any other highly relevant issues that might impact the aforementioned swing states, the DNC would appreciate your feedback.
I would agree. I'm sure they will spend most of the time strongly championing every social issue in the book and be very vague and fleeting on economic issues. Statements like "I will not approve of any trade agreements that harm American workers," or something like that. Of course, to Washington, NO trade agreements, not NAFTA, not CAFTA, not WTO MNF program, have harmed American workers, so that statement really means nothing. Hillary won't beat Trump on trade rhetoric, but the key is how many voters will really believe Trump won't do a 180 once he realizes the formidable forces arrayed against him on trade. And immigration for that matter. Trade policy and immigration policy reform are a huge threat to big business and finance's endless supply of slave labor.

al3's picture
al3
Quote gumball:
Quote NorthBayProgressive:Rather than reminding Americans that the worst foreign policy blunder in the history of our nation occurred when GW Bush made the decision to remove Saddam Hussein from power, which permanently destabilized the Middle East, we will hear Democrats remind us that Isam is the religion of peace.

Why remind the voters the Hillary was a supporter of this policy and pushed Obama into what he described as his biggest mistake, intervention in Syria.

. sure trump will

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer

She voted for the Iraq War so reminding voters of that would be a mistake.

Don B.

How about we talk about wallstreet?? oo wait sure thats now off limits!!! nevermind

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer

Maybe you should ask them about their collusion against Bernie that is evident in the the leaked DNC documents. I thought the Bernie supporters were just spoil sports but turns out they were right- the DNC secretly tanked his run from the start.

stwo's picture
stwo

S2 - The DNC obviously needs more "Pushback" than"Feedback", and any Party that will not clean up its own internal ethics can hardly be trusted to adhere to proper ethics on 'external' issues. The DNC owes all Democrats an explanation for this behavior within our own ranks. Otherwise, folks will begin to wonder, "If they treat their own kind this badly, how can we expect them to treat everyone else any better?".

This will need to be addressed - and addressed properly - ASAP, or the Dem Party itself will suffer greatly, I feel.

Mr.Wayne's picture
Mr.Wayne