Good as Goldman: Hillary and Wall Street

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

10 posts / 0 new

Nothing seems to rattle Hillary Clinton quite so much as pointed questions about her personal finances. How much she’s made. How she made it. Where it all came from. From her miraculous adventures in the cattle futures market to the Whitewater real estate scam, many of the most venal Clinton scandals down the decades have involved Hillary’s financial entanglements and the serpentine measures she has taken to conceal them from public scrutiny.

Hillary is both driven to acquire money and emits a faint whiff of guilt about having hoarded so much of it. One might be tempted to ascribe her squeamishness about wealth to her rigid Methodism, but her friends say that Hillary’s covetousness derives from a deep obsession with feeling secure, which makes a kind of sense given Bill’s free-wheeling proclivities. She’s not, after all, a child of the Depression, but a baby boomer. Hillary was raised in comfortable circumstances in the Chicago suburbs and, unlike her husband, has never in her life felt the sting of want.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/07/22/good-as-goldman-hillary-and-wall-street/

NetWiz69's picture
NetWiz69

Comments

Watch out Netwiz, this post will probably be censored! You can't post negative opinions about HRC here.

Kpax's picture
Kpax

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/elizabeth-warren-wall-street-vice-...

Anyone surprised?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/clinton-vp-pick-kaine-226015

gumball's picture
gumball

Welp,... Hillary has done her first bit of Clintonian triangulation. She's picked Wall Street shill Tim Kaine for her veep. Pretty much taking all those vocal capitulations to Bernie's platform and supporters, crumpled it up and threw it in the left's face. About the only thing that kept me supporting Hillary was Bernie's endorsement. She just threw that in the trash.

Btw... "clinton triangulation" is a polite way of saying "I'm going to kick the left in the nuts repeatedly to try and get more right wing appeal."

This was the first kick. Next kick, she will abandoned her opposition to TPP. You heard it here first.

While I'd never vote for Trump, anyone wanting to try and preach fear of trump as a reason to vote for Hillary... save it.

powerob
Quote Kpax:

Watch out Netwiz, this post will probably be censored! You can't post negative opinions about HRC here.

Yeah Kpax, tell me about it. They've deleted several of my posts already --- from the most Progressive sources too.

I posted Cornell West and it didn't last five minutes!!

I posted an article from Common Dreams, where Thom's work is published ALL THE TIME. It got yanked.

Thom Hartmann, Stephanie Miller, Hal Sparks, and Norman Goldman (almost the ENTIRE Progressive lineup on the radio) is hell bent on ramming Hillary down out throats.

...And they will tolerate NO DISSENT from listeners.

Now I realize what the German populace must have felt in 1933.

NetWiz69's picture
NetWiz69
Quote powerob:

Welp,... Hillary has done her first bit of Clintonian triangulation. She's picked Wall Street shill Tim Kaine for her veep. Pretty much taking all those vocal capitulations to Bernie's platform and supporters, crumpled it up and threw it in the left's face. About the only thing that kept me supporting Hillary was Bernie's endorsement. She just threw that in the trash.

Btw... "clinton triangulation" is a polite way of saying "I'm going to kick the left in the nuts repeatedly to try and get more right wing appeal."

This was the first kick. Next kick, she will abandoned her opposition to TPP. You heard it here first.

While I'd never vote for Trump, anyone wanting to try and preach fear of trump as a reason to vote for Hillary... save it.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/07/20/will-clinton-vp-pick-be-pronounced-middle-finger-millions-who-voted-bernie

NetWiz69's picture
NetWiz69

This is such a bill Clinton move!! You just traded young voters for Republicans who will look for one reason to vote trump!!! Maybe the fact they are actually voting for his vp to be president may do it!!

If trump makes less speeches he could start going up in the polls!! Basically if trump just disapeared from speaking events!! only does interviews that are on fox news he wins this thing lol!!

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer

This choice for VP is a slap in the face to all Bernie Supporters. To show such disrespect towards not just Bernie Sanders and the issues he stands for but insulting all who voted for him and support him is dumb and will cost her votes. To be so arrogant to assume Bernie's Voters will simply all vote for her cause Trump is worse will work for most but not all and that sense of entitlement may cost her the election . Then we are stuck with Trump and his Radical VP and the damage they will do.

Don B.
Quote Don B.:This choice for VP is a slap in the face to all Bernie Supporters. To show such disrespect towards not just Bernie Sanders and the issues he stands for but insulting all who voted for him and support him is dumb and will cost her votes. To be so arrogant to assume Bernie's Voters will simply all vote for her cause Trump is worse will work for most but not all and that sense of entitlement may cost her the election . Then we are stuck with Trump and his Radical VP and the damage they will do.

whom ever is president is looking at a wallstreet! Trump wins the old guard republicans and the ted cruz right wing! Will more than likely blame him and his crazy none conservative ideals! The left will blame him, which will allow a more progressive choice! But if i am wrong trump doesn't push for his sister as supreme court we will lose that!

Allot of sanders voters may not vote, honestly some will go to trump!! Some will vote for a green party progressive!

She clearly learned nothing that politics is changing she going to run like its 1992! She doesn't get those who hate trump aren't her fan its a toss up she will get them!!!

This might be low voter turn out purging minorities in florida hanging chad trump win here!!! Honestly if i was trump I would do two vp debates max! Just do interviews claim hilary is a lier and unfit to debate backseat the rest of this election!

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer

Also this election will be about the outsiders vs the insiders. Yes Trump's VP is an insider but Trump isn't and HRC is and she picked a insider, literally the former head of the DNC, and gives Trump an opening she shouldn't be giving him.

By the way, given he was in charge in 2010 doesn't seem like a great idea given how bad he did in that national election.

Don B.

There's a 1 in 20 Chance of the Apocalypse. Shouldn't We Act Now?

A new study published in Science argues that we as a civilization need to move "rapidly" -- as in almost immediately -- towards a carbon emissions free future if we are to have any chance of holding off runaway global warming: