Is Kaine able?

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

8 posts / 0 new

People ask me about this place. Lethargic, I say.

stwo's picture
stwo

Comments

Full name: Timothy Michael Kaine

Current job: United States Senator from Virginia. Serves on Foreign Relations, Armed Services, Budget and Aging Committees. Term expires January 2019.

Reputation, in one sentence: Personable and pragmatic former governor with an extensive resume in a purple state.

Strengths: Experience as governor? Check. Foreign-policy knowledge as a senator? Yup. Represents an important battleground state? Yes. Tested in high-profile campaigns? Affirmative. A team player (former DNC chair, willing Senate candidate in '12)? You betcha. Speaks fluent Spanish? Yeah, that, too.

Weaknesses: He's more of an establishment politician than a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren-style progressive, so Sanders backers might not do cartwheels over a Kaine pick. There's also that "wandering eyebrow" from Kaine's State of the Union response in 2006.

Born: February 26, 1958 in St. Paul, Minnesota. Raised in Kansas City, Missouri.

Family: Wife - Anne Holton. Children: Nat, Woody, and Annella.

Previous gigs: Richmond mayor, 1998-2001. Virginia Lt. Gov, 2002-2006. Virginia Gov. 2006-2010. Democratic National Committee chairman, 2009-2011.

Good to know: Kaine's office notes that fewer than two dozen people in U.S. history have served as a mayor, a senator and a governor.

Fun fact: Kaine plays the harmonica, although he admits he's not great at it. Hetold the Washington Post in 2015: "I've had people comment less than favorably on my quality."

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer
Quote stwo:

People ask me about this place. Lethargic, I say.

Half my post are comedic in here though few seem to grasp it!!! I would of said a forum with Sheldon Coopers arguing with rush limbaugh fans!!! with a few smart ass confusing the heck out of the sheldons!!

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer

You fuckin whack Todd.

stwo's picture
stwo

I don't know a lot about Kaine but what I read about him is positive, except for the TPP support. But online in places where I go to read progressive comments about politics, he seems almost hated. What is going on here? Does he really suck as bad as Bernie Sanders supporters online say he does? BTW I am a Bernie Sanders supporter and always will be, but plan to vote for Hillary unless some horrible information about her is revealed that is actually true.

ShellyT's picture
ShellyT
Quote stwo:

You fuckin whack Todd.

I worked as chef for years!! we have our own style of humor!!! give me break gumball has to be a rush or beck fan!!

Do you watch the big bang? do you get the reference? We got allot of Sheldon's posting up in here!!

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer
Quote ShellyT:

I don't know a lot about Kaine but what I read about him is positive, except for the TPP support. But online in places where I go to read progressive comments about politics, he seems almost hated. What is going on here? Does he really suck as bad as Bernie Sanders supporters online say he does? BTW I am a Bernie Sanders supporter and always will be, but plan to vote for Hillary unless some horrible information about her is revealed that is actually true.

. He is not the anti christ nor is he a progressive! He is known to be more corporatist!! Not a hard liner!

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/tim-kaine-banking-letter-225953

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer
Quote ShellyT:

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/07/20/will-clinton-vp-pick-be-pronounced-middle-finger-millions-who-voted-bernie

NetWiz69's picture
NetWiz69

Is Donald Trump aiming for victory in Afghanistan - or permanent military occupation?

Is Donald Trump pushing us closer to victory in Afghanistan or permanent military occupation?

As Donald Trump prepares for a major escalation of the war - will we ever leave Afghanistan?

In a big nationally televised speech this week, Donald Trump called for an escalation of the War in Afghanistan - already America's longest war by far.