The Hidden History of Guns and the 2nd Amendment Book Tour Is Coming...

Thursday, June 6: NEW YORK, NY 7:30pm

Monday, June 10: WASHINGTON, DC 6:30pm

Wednesday, June 12: PORTLAND, OR 7:30pm

Sunday, June 23: SEATTLE, WA 7:30pm

Location: Town Hall, 1119 8th Ave, Seattle (West Entrance) w/Elliott Bay Book Company

Tuesday, June 25: SAN FRANCISCO, CA 7:00pm

Location: First Church, 2345 Channing Way, Berkeley w/The Booksmith

Friday, June 28: CHICAGO, IL 7:00pm

Location: Frugal Muse, 7511 Lemont Rd. #146 (Chestnut Court Shopping Center), Darien

Saturday, June 29: MINNEAPOLIS, MN 7:00pm

Become a Thom Supporter- Click the Patreon button

A Plan for Global Warming Preparedness: A Proposal to Manage Risk & Invest in Resilient Communities

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

9 posts / 0 new

This report is no longer available on the Breakthrough Institute website, fortunately I had the foresight to download it before it "disappeared". It was written in 2013.

It was prepared by the Breakthrough Institute, Center for American Progress and American Environics.

This is not a report debunking climate change - it's a report on what needs to be done to prepare for climate change.

A Plan for Global Warming Preparedness: A Proposal to Manage Risk & Invest in Resilient Communities
https://www.scribd.com/doc/270566952/A-Plan-for-Global-Warming-Preparedn...

DoryH's picture
DoryH

Comments

The cost to save the people from the rising water disappearing their countries and states has been estimated at 12-13 trillion dollars. Or, the likud solution, let them die.

Likud can be inserted in place of fascist. I always thought they were closest to fascists and then I read Eisenhower thought the same thing. Of course the kochs thought Ike was a communist, and their dad knew fascists having worked for Hitler and Stalin, while embracing Mussolini and Franco.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote DoryH:

This report is no longer available on the Breakthrough Institute website, fortunately I had the foresight to download it before it "disappeared". It was written in 2013.

It was prepared by the Breakthrough Institute, Center for American Progress and American Environics.

This is not a report debunking climate change - it's a report on what needs to be done to prepare for climate change.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/270566952/A-Plan-for-Global-Warming-Preparedn...

Thank you for your trouble to make that document available again.

Too many of these ideas are purged from access while the main stream continues to create the illusion that nothing of this nature needs our immediate attention.

.ren's picture
.ren
Quote douglaslee:

The cost to save the people from the rising water disappearing their countries and states has been estimated at 12-13 trillion dollars. Or, the likud solution, let them die.

Likud can be inserted in place of fascist. I always thought they were closest to fascists and then I read Eisenhower thought the same thing. Of course the kochs thought Ike was a communist, and their dad knew fascists having worked for Hitler and Stalin, while embracing Mussolini and Franco.

Pacified people need to learn that they can do for themselves. This means re-inventing the language to serve their needs, not the managers'. The proposal to manage risk & invest in resilient communities starts off with doing that. Of course the corporate managers (the fascists) don't want them to realize that by talking about a renewed social contract. The manager's job is to manage efficiently. And democracy is anything but effiecient.

.ren's picture
.ren

.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/ predicts civilization failure for Europe but not Israel, because they are happy to kill innocent unarmed children huddling with their fleeing moms and dads. New senor Rabbis or whatever their chief mufti is called are now in the Israeli governing apparatus. The description of Israel as "a democratic and Jewish state" now says it is a Jewish state primarily, occasionally or maybe democratic if there are no wars (which means never).

The orthodox and/or Hasidic rabbis advised killing gentile children to end risk to Jews in the future. So, since they are now part of the coalition, more wholesale slaughter will just continue and all we can do is BDS (boycott divest sanction) which is popular on university campuses. Maybe that's why GOP governors are denying students' rights to vote.

there is an explanation: Western civilization is exhausted, probably dead. After two thousand years of existence, it is basking in nihilism and self hatred, it does not create anything and lives only on resentment and rancor. The culture of instant prevents us from projecting ourselves into the future.

A process is underway and seems uncontrollable. The cruel truth is that our civilization is collapsing. It lasted 1,500 years. We are witnessing the closing of Europe. The ship is sinking. The hedonistic West will fall to Islam. Israel will not!

We were doing just fine until unelected W with Cheney's hand up his butt pulling his mouth strings went and made Isis, and all the refugees. Reagan appointed those scotus members and the important one, Sandra Day, that was the 4th vote required for 'Standing'. So if Europe fails, it's reagan's fault.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

No offense, doug, but your posts about Israel don't appear to have much to do with the Proposal to Manage Resilient Communities (which, I see, was entirely focused on doing so here in the U.S.).

Perhaps you were intending them to go on this thread?

.ren's picture
.ren

Yep, I'm a lousy muli-tasker. I still start multiple thought patterns but lose my place. Thanks.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

That pretty much covers why I like to write. 'Like to' does not imply that I entertain any illusions that I'm any good at it, but that writing helps me because I'm doing too much for my little brain to contain all at once and I'm ever confusing myself with mixed convolutions.

.ren's picture
.ren

Dory, I applaud your effort. However, that's a 10-year-old plan. Corporations have been working on making things in that plan illegal. Like in Florida's state government employees aren't allowed to even say the words global warming without potentially loosing their jobs serving at the pleasure of the sociopath governor Scott.

Chris Gah's picture
Chris Gah

The GOP Is on the Road to Mass Lockups for Women Who Have Miscarriages

Thom plus logo The Republican Party's attack on women's reproductive rights has put the nation on a terrifying path

The GOP's Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice is on its way.