July 11-13: At Netroots Nation

The Hidden History of Guns and the 2nd Amendment Book Tour Is Coming...

• Saturday, June 22: Los Angeles, CA 3:00pm - KPFK Speaker Series: Thom Hartmann (Stephanie Miller will be joining Thom) on The Hidden History of Guns. UCLA Dodd Hall 147, 315 Portola Plaza, Los Angeles - Get tkts here https://www.facebook.com/events/2263735727213646/
  • Sunday, June 23: SEATTLE, WA 7:30pm
    Location: Town Hall, 1119 8th Ave, Seattle (West Entrance) w/Elliott Bay Book Company
  • Tuesday, June 25: SAN FRANCISCO, CA 7:00pm
    Location: First Church, 2345 Channing Way, Berkeley w/The Booksmith
    Here’s the Facebook event:https://www.facebook.com/events/2418269571727663/And here’s the link to purchase tickets: https://hiddenhistoryofguns.bpt.me/
  • Friday, June 28: CHICAGO, IL 7:00pm
    Location: Frugal Muse, 7511 Lemont Rd. #146 (Chestnut Court Shopping Center), Darien
  • Saturday, June 29: MINNEAPOLIS, MN 7:00pm
  • Friday, July 12: PHILADELPHIA, PA 4:15pm - At Netroots Nation
    Location: PA Convention Center, 1101 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA

Become a Thom Supporter- Click the Patreon button

The Upside of a Trump Presidency

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

8 posts / 0 new

C’mon— imagine the laughs! Dubya gave us guffaws, but Trump will give us snorts, shrieks and howls. He’s a comedian’s pot of gold. Can you imagine the parodies to come?

Not that the laughs haven’t arrived already, with his absurd run for the presidency:

Funny or Die Made a Trump Biopic, Starring Johnny Depp

---

The Art of the Deal, the Movie: Trailer

---

Mexican Donald Trump with George Lopez: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/273273369d/mexican-donald-trump-runs-for-president?_cc=__d___&_ccid=aba41b45f7c6b686

Funniest of all, though, that anyone would even consider voting for the schmuck.

Zenzoe

Comments

Trump is the only person who could save the bush legacy! The man more than likely will lie us into more than a war! Is the most likely plausible candidate we had in years to be impeached and kick out of office possibly within two years!

When he clearly is known to win the markets will go into free fall! So you may actually get the crash of 2016. Just from Trump obtaining the presidency!

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer

Quote Toddedyer:

Trump...the most likely plausible candidate we had in years to be impeached and kick out of office possibly within two years!

Oh, that would be fun. I can hardly wait to see it.

You can tell he isn’t enjoying himself. Check out the smirk. That’s one truly fake, forced smile. Nope, he can’t wait to be done with it all. He probably goes home at the end of a day of bullshitting and screams at himself in front of a mirror. He’ll be imploding soon in public. Just watch.

The Republican Convention coming up should provide some hilarity. They should put an empty chair on the stage to represent the absence of his qualifications for President.

Zenzoe
Quote Zenzoe:

Quote Toddedyer:

Trump...the most likely plausible candidate we had in years to be impeached and kick out of office possibly within two years!

You can tell he isn’t enjoying himself. Check out the smirk. That’s one truly fake, forced smile. Nope, he can’t wait to be done with it all. He probably goes home at the end of a day of bullshitting and screams at himself in front of a mirror. He’ll be imploding soon in public. Just watch.

The Republican Convention coming up should provide some hilarity. They should put an empty chair on the stage to represent the absence of his qualifications for President.

. Years ago when I found out you can keep super pac money I argued it would be brilliant to run for president as a Republican take huge sums of money from the rich and than drop out and use that cash to buy up American college and medical debt! I think Trump took my idea and ran with it to fund his almost broke trump Corp!! Is finding it hard to not laugh at how stupid people are! How he can say anything! Pull anything out of his arse and half the time the most bat shi! Crazy ones make him go up in the polls! The man loves attention so of course he is loving this! Being elected president validates his ego, and his narcissism!

Reality TV president yes it will be fun to watch our decline out of golden age into like vandal sack of Rome!!! It will be the greatest show on earth and have the highest consistent global rating! No even European FOOTBALL Will compete with the train wreck or any cat video!

Though it would be much better to watch as a none American!!! The real question will be who will be the honey boo president we will elect at some point after trump!!!

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer
Quote Toddedyer:
Quote Zenzoe:
Quote Toddedyer:Trump...the most likely plausible candidate we had in years to be impeached and kick out of office possibly within two years!

. Years ago when I found out you can keep super pac money I argued it would be brilliant to run for president as a Republican take huge sums of money from the rich and than drop out and use that cash to buy up American college and medical debt! I think Trump took my idea and ran with it to fund his almost broke trump Corp!!

I wouldn’t be surprised, Todd.

Quote Toddedyer:

Is finding it hard to not laugh at how stupid people are! How he can say anything! Pull anything out of his arse and half the time the most bat shi! Crazy ones make him go up in the polls!

I know. See the “article,” below.
Quote Toddedyer:

The man loves attention so of course he is loving this! Being elected president validates his ego, and his narcissism!

On the surface, yes. On that superficial level, his narcissism looks like a strong ego, but I’ll bet you this— a very fragile ego lurks underneath all that bluster. He’s not a tough guy at all. In public he puts on his mask of confidence; in private, all to himself, I’m guessing he’s worried.

Quote Toddedyer:Reality TV president yes it will be fun to watch our decline out of golden age into like vandal sack of Rome!!! It will be the greatest show on earth and have the highest consistent global rating! No even European FOOTBALL Will compete with the train wreck or any cat video! Though it would be much better to watch as a none American!!! The real question will be who will be the honey boo president we will elect at some point after trump!!!
Haha. We’ll be saying, “Here comes Donnie Boo Boo” again, when he starts weeping at his final press conference.

---

Lost George Carlin Notes Predicted Donald Trump’s Rise To Power, wink wink...

Quote ”George Carlin’s predictions on Trump, 2008”:

“As soon as I saw him have his own TV show (The Apprentice), and he had a simple fucking catchphrase, ‘You’re Fired,’ I knew Americans were going to kneel down one by one and blow him.”

“There are a lot of dumb fucks in this country. We already know this. And the dumb fucks know some even dumber fucks.”

“He’ll get every redneck hillbilly to vote for him simply by pandering to lowest common denominator. Nothing says American like the lowest common denominator. That’s what brings all us morons together.”

“He’ll use every Hitler tactic and white racists will eat that shit up faster than a bucket of KFC chicken.”

“He’ll say whatever is needed. It’s obviously not difficult to trick the average dumbfuck American. But Trump will say and suck whoever he needs to become president and I bet it won’t be too hard for him. It will be him versus some religious nut or maybe another Bush family member.”

“Trump will be the cocksucker who will be anti-PC and people will eat it up. He’ll tap into America’s hate for people not like them like Wall Street tapping into your life savings for a weekend in Vegas.”

“So let’s say he wins the Republican nomination at some point, who’s he going to face? Another Clinton? It won’t be another black president for a few cycles; the Republicans will make sure fewer minorities can vote ever again, that is their top focus. All I know is if the Democratic nominee is boring and can’t turn out the youth vote, the hate from Trump fans will show up in droves to vote.”

“Americans love to be tricked. A Ponzi scheme? Sign me up. Lose 100 pounds in 5 minutes? Sign me up. Bang 50 hot models? Just swipe right. A Nigerian Prince needs your help? Give him your bank account information. Penis too small? And this one really affects Trump fans, then here, take some more pills.”

“Just remember, voting doesn’t matter. You are voting for the same schmuck. The only difference going into the future is will the schmuck have a penis or pussy, black or white,

Zenzoe

It's impressive but not shocking to me I honestly been able to do predictions though I never understood the American populous like Carlin! That man truly figured out the bull shi! That got this country ticking! I never saw trump this cycle I honestly predicted Bush VS Clinton and believed it would be so boring and one of the lowest voter turn outs would give bush the win! Trump demolished bush within months he did it brillàntly too! But than again I honestly do not fully understand the appeal of reality TV!

But yes trump will already be one hell of a circus for us to enjoy while we sail towards the ice burg! But it would be so much better if Carlin was around to narrate this Greek comedy

Toddedyer's picture
Toddedyer
Quote Toddedyer:It's impressive but not shocking to me I honestly been able to do predictions though I never understood the American populous like Carlin! That man truly figured out the bull shi! That got this country ticking! I never saw trump this cycle I honestly predicted Bush VS Clinton and believed it would be so boring and one of the lowest voter turn outs would give bush the win! Trump demolished bush within months he did it brillàntly too! But than again I honestly do not fully understand the appeal of reality TV!

Me either. And I never once watched The Apprentice.

Quote Toddedyer:But yes trump will already be one hell of a circus for us to enjoy while we sail towards the ice burg! But it would be so much better if Carlin was around to narrate this Greek comedy
Yes, it would be so much better. That’s why I liked Satira Tribune’s channeling of his thoughts on Trump. They did a pretty good job of it. Still, the real thing would be so much funnier.

This thread is gallows humor, no doubt.

Get ready for the ExTRUMPaganza!

Zenzoe

Live now— Duck Dynasty guy speaking at RNC!

Ooo-weee!!!

Zenzoe

Here's what the feud and reconciliation between John Adams and Thomas Jefferson can teach us about civility

Thom plus logo Donald Trump did not invent the art of the political insult but he's inflamed the level of vitriolic public discourse and incivility to a new low unmatched by other presidents. In a tainted tradition that has permeated our history, other presidents have not been immune to dishing out acerbic insults against one another.