If you don’t think Wall St doesn’t manage the country’s economy just read this article! Wall Street banks have decided the economic policy the country will follow.

Highlights from the article are many and allule to some eye-brow raising objectives Note, the time spent on detailing the benefits abundant dirty energy will have to the imperialistic goals of further global dominance in financialization and business:

“The U.S. is a winner in many ways. Its super power status could be prolonged because of this new growth in oil and shale gas production, made possible by "fracking" and other non-conventional drilling technologies.”

“"OPEC will find it challenging to survive another 60 years,….”

“Citi analysts also foresee a new era of U.S. industrialization, fueled by cheaper power. They cite dozens of industrial projects across America that have already begun or are planned, in such industries as auto, chemicals and steel.” [aka mining]

Oh, and the many jobs we shall have so engaged in our own destruction will be delightful enough to premise the entire countries economic policy on just oil and gas!

CitiCorp even announced that the US to be “energy independent” and exporting in just 5 years.

Meanwhile, by comparison solar and wind energy development is virtually non-existent.

Citicorp’s article sees oil and gas as the dominant American energy source for decades to come. There is no material change to renewable clean energy in sight for America so long as Wall St is in charge.

We will pay a devastating final price in an effort to keep Wall Street and the oligarchs on top. The County's success will be their success, it won't be shared ratably with the 99%, that will be left up to trickle down economics to decide. When they are on top the fact that the 99% will be treated as peasant labor will not change. Wealth will still concentrate. [but i find the seeming admission by Citicorp that economic abundance will return to the country once and if aggregate demand is restored pretty telling]

Obama will kill us all by falling the banksters plans for an dirty oily America, and he doesn’t have to because the same economic abundance is available by pursuing solar and wind energy, as well as energy and fresh water conservation measures. The problem is letting solar, wind, and conservation measures be the solution to our renewed economic might means the People prosper more than Wall Street.

Obama will kill us all, if he hasn’t already.

The World can not withstand another OPEC, even if Wall St wants it that way. We have options.

In 2011, the top 1 percent captured not just 100 percent of the nation’s growth, but 114 percent. That means the other 99 percent actually lost ground. The Nation's growth in wealth is not the masses!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-may-soon-energy-independent-185624403.html

Comments

telliottmbamsc's picture
telliottmbamsc 6 years 48 weeks ago
#1

Buffett’s Rail industry sees shipment of crude oil triple in 2012

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/railroad-shipments-crude-oil-triple-175716711.html

*

Fracking pushing N Dakota Oil production to 770,000 barrels a day

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/wow-north-dakota-lot-oil-170648051.html

*

Demand for gasoline over the four weeks ended Feb. 15 was up by 2.8 %

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-crude-oil-supplies-grew-161746051.html

*

California's Monterey Shale, the Next Oil Boom.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/californias-monterey-shale-next-oil-180614934.html

telliottmbamsc's picture
telliottmbamsc 6 years 48 weeks ago
#2

The nation's wealth is NOT the masses wealth!

In 2011, the top 1 percent captured not just 100 percent of the nation’s growth, but 114 percent. That means the other 99 percent actually lost ground.

Add comment

Login or register to post comments

Come Cruise with Thom Hartmann in July 2020

Join me for an exciting Bermuda getaway aboard Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary and destination-focused cruise line. Set sail on the reimagined Insignia for 7 nights beginning July 25th 2020. Take advantage of Oceania Cruises’ OLife Choice promotion, where you can choose shore excursions, a beverage package, or onboard credit – Oceania Cruises also includes Wifi! You'll also receive complimentary gratuities, a $50 onboard credit and two exclusive cocktail parties. Did I mention we are planning special onboard events with yours truly? Prices start at $1199.

Reserve your stateroom today by contacting Keene Luxury Travel, and mention the Thom Hartmann Group 800.856.1155

or go to https://www.keeneluxurytravel.com/th-bermuda/default.asp

"The Saddest Thing Is This Won't Be Breaking News"

Thom plus logo As the world burns, and more and more fossil fuels are being used every day planet-wide, atmospheric carbon dioxide levels passed 416 ppm this week at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii. In the 300,000 years since the emergence of modern humans, carbon dioxide levels have never been this high.