Obama’s economic policy for the 99% was an obamanation, he basically just bailed out Wall St and took their advice to subject 99% of the nation to the pains of austerity\sequestration. Austerity and sequestration, that is, so the US government could borrow by selling T-bills, bonds and notes to aid the government…so the government could fulfill its purpose….and how did all that feel to you 99%’r? That’s right, the 99% really didn’t feel shit. Under Austerity the 99% pay the price of austerity while government’s energy and resources – howsoever enhanced by austerity in the bond market – continue to go to help the rich get richer.

Since day 1 of his first term, Obama let the 99% fend for themselves as the other economy, the 1%’s economy, enjoyed a record bail out profits and government fueled stock prices.

Worse still, let’s not forget that while the 99% fended for themselves they were treated to a steady stream specious unemployment and wage data that meant to convince them that the feelings of economic pain they were having weren’t real and that they were apparently “too stupid” to know that they were actually experiencing an economic recovery. And it gets worse still, while left to fend for themselves a few of the 99% even died! Died as a direct consequence of Obama’s class warfare growing increasingly violent at the point where society’s members come into direct contact with government authority – the police. And let’s not forget that as Obama’s horrid dystopia unfolded over the past 7 or 8 years Washington did manage, however, to find time and energy to help special interests rape, spoil and deplete the People’s Commons in a desperate act to cling to dirty fossil fuels.

So, spin-on if you want democrats, but I am done listening. Barac Obama is a failure as a President. He has been shellacked twice – didn’t take the hint the first time. And - perhaps purposefully – he continues to get out strategized by republican filth on their initiatives that just so happen to benefit the same rich democrats defer to.

There is no "Obama Recovery." If any economic recovery does occur it will be solely at the hands of the 99% for themselves. A consequence of such things as state level initiatives to increase the minimum wage and taxpayer after taxpayer painfully scrimping over the last 8 year after they lost everything they had (while the banks and the 1%’s corporations got over $16 Trillion in aid). No, as was the case with the sexual predator bill clinton, any recovery that the 99% may have given themselves now will have happened during Obama’s presidency BUT Obama didn’t have anything to do with it, in fact he even frustrated with sequestration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/29/opinion/paul-krugman-the-obama-recover...

Comments

telliottmbamsc's picture
telliottmbamsc 4 years 46 weeks ago
#1

What's next after all this?!

Why here comes the The Trans Pacific Partnership! Gauranteed to take away any gains made by the "too stupid" "little people"as they were left to fend for themselves over the last 7 or 8 years.

dollymajig's picture
dollymajig 4 years 46 weeks ago
#2

You are correct, thanks. Really, we 'little people' have been on 'our own' for a lot longer than 8 years.

Add comment

Login or register to post comments

Come Cruise with Thom Hartmann in July 2020

Join me for an exciting Bermuda getaway aboard Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary and destination-focused cruise line. Set sail on the reimagined Insignia for 7 nights beginning July 25th 2020. Take advantage of Oceania Cruises’ OLife Choice promotion, where you can choose shore excursions, a beverage package, or onboard credit – Oceania Cruises also includes Wifi! You'll also receive complimentary gratuities, a $50 onboard credit and two exclusive cocktail parties. Did I mention we are planning special onboard events with yours truly? Prices start at $1199.

Reserve your stateroom today by contacting Keene Luxury Travel, and mention the Thom Hartmann Group 800.856.1155

or go to https://www.keeneluxurytravel.com/th-bermuda/default.asp

We Know How Far Trump Will Go - How Far Will Republicans Go?

Thom plus logo Colonel Vindman's testimony pretty much proves that Trump was trying to shake down Ukraine for information on Biden, and that the Republicans are doing everything they can to cover up this extortion attempt.