Originally posted in: Board index ‹ General ‹ ADHD / Education / Homeschool
What about Neurodiversity?
by wlhaught » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm
The topic of neurodiversity doesn't seem to be on Thom's radar yet.
More probable explanations for the existence of Autism Spectrum Differences (and other differences):
1) Autistic Symphony by Alan Griswold http://autisticsymphony.com/
2) The Neanderthal theory by Leif Ekblad http://www.rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm
3) Autism and the Four-pole Hypothesis by Andrew Lehman http://www.neoteny.org/2009/01/20/autism-and-the-four-pole-hypothesis/
http://www.originsofautism.com/ http://www.neoteny.org/ http://sexualselection.org/
4) A Topological Theory of Autism by Gregory B. Yates http://www.autismtheory.org/topotheory.html
Some other stuff I've read of interest:
5) most of SHYNESS AND LOVE: Causes, Consequences, and Treatment By Dr. Brian G. Gilmartin
6) part of The Origins of War in Child Abuse by Lloyd deMause http://anarchistfeminist.blogspot.com/2009/04/origins-of-war-in-child-ab...
(I include this because I believe that trauma affects Auties, Aspies, and those in Quadrant 1 of Eysenck Cross of Inborn Temperament such as "male lesbians" far more than most others and is primarily responsible for something like 90% of negative symptoms).
7) part of Mermaids, Witches and Amazons by William Bond http://mermaid-williambond.blogspot.com/2008/01/mermaids-witches-and-ama...
PS: I just ran a few Google searches: 1) asperger's site:thomhartmann.com, 2) neurotypical site:thomhartmann.com, and 3) neurodiversity site:thomhartmann.com yield no matches.