A Montreal mosque is facing a police complaint and rebukes from the larger Muslim community after a video of an imam delivering a sermon in which he asks for Jews to be killed surfaced online.

The sermon took place at the Dar Al-Arqam Mosque in the city's Saint-Michel neighbourhood on Dec. 23, 2016.

The video was posted to the mosque's YouTube channel three days later. The imam in the video is Jordanian cleric Sheikh Muhammad bin Musa Al Nasr — he was reportedly an invited guest of the mosque.

In the video, the imam says in Arabic, "O Muslim, O servant of Allah, O Muslim, O servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him."

Part of the phrase references an Islamic hadith, which interprets the words and actions by the Prophet Muhammad.

CBC independently verified the speech and its translation.

CBC Montreal has reached out to the Dar Al-Arqam mosque for comment and was told no one was available.

Accused of inciting violence

The video was brought to the attention of B'nai Brith Canada, which filed a complaint with Montreal police on Monday.

The organization said it is totally unacceptable that a mosque would allow this to go on.

"This is inciting violence, and this is inciting radicalization," said Harvey Levine, regional director of B'nai Brith in Quebec.

"It's against the law and has to be stopped," he said, adding that the complaint was filed with the Montreal hate crimes unit.

COPIED from

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/imam-sermon-montreal-mosque-1.403...

Comments

zapdam's picture
zapdam 1 year 9 weeks ago
#1

I posted the article below, that a 19 year old Jewish man in Israel had been caught sending hundreds of bomb threats against Jews, that could only be read as an attempt at implicating and inciting Muslim hatred, but for some reason Thom's site refused to release the post, but were quite willing to release the article above reporting Muslim religious leader calling for hatred of Jews. Anyway here's the post they refused to release. This is the defiance that keeps getting me banned from posting here.

ATTEMPTING to INFLAME MUSLIM HATRED

Mar. 23, 2017 9:39 am
By zapdam

Israeli police told CBC News on Thursday a 19-year-old Israeli Jewish man has been arrested as the primary suspect in a string of bomb threats targeting Jewish community centres and other institutions in Canada and the U.S.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld described the suspect as a hacker, but said his motives were still unclear. Israeli media identified him as an American-Israeli dual citizen and said he had been found unfit for compulsory service in the Israeli military.

"He's the guy who was behind the JCC threats," Rosenfeld said, referring to the dozens of anonymous threats phoned in to Jewish community centres in North America, as well as Australia, New Zealand, and in Israel over the past two months.

In Canada, threats have been made recently to Jewish community centres in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto and London, Ont.

The U.S. Anti-Defamation League says there have been more than 120 bomb threats against U.S. Jewish community centres and day schools in the U.S. since Jan. 9. Those threats led to evacuations of the buildings, upset Jewish communities and raised fears of rising anti-Semitism. The threats were accompanied by acts of vandalism on several Jewish cemeteries.

COPIED from

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israeli-jewish-man-arrested-for-threats-on-...

be_logical_not_... 1 year 9 weeks ago
#2

Interesting post, zap. it is truly sad the depths some people will go to to foment hate. What was he trying to achieve other than to stir up more hatred and potential violence in a world already on a hair trigger? I'm curious what his 'master plan' was here. Glad they busted him, but this story should get more publicity.

PhilfromOhio's picture
PhilfromOhio 1 year 9 weeks ago
#3

Zap,

Is there a policy for rejecting posts? I may have missed that memo, but have had a few of mine deep sixed, or simply dumped into my own folder and not showing up on the board. The Monsignor

zapdam's picture
zapdam 1 year 9 weeks ago
#5

'Monsignor' I think we all though Thom's site would be free and open from petty subjective oversight, that no one in Thom's enlightened world would stoop to enthusiasm killing hard handed censorship. This started back in the middle of last year, until that point this was an open free flowing blog site, but in an effort to protect Hillary from the fringe rabid Bernie crowd and paid right wing character assassins, i suspect Louise hysterically shut the whole place down and started this gate keeper blog approval horseshit. I know its taken alot of the wind out of my sails and droves of great bloggers have said FU to this authoritarianism. The dictatorial dismissive arrogance of it all is stomach churning.

Add comment

Login or register to post comments

Democrats Should Steal Trump's Thunder on Trade

It's time to run bigger, better and harder on trade policies.