- Listen live
- Find a station
- Live Blog
- Show Clips
- Sue's daily stacks
- Affiliates: commercial
- Affiliates: non-commercial
Apr. 24, 2015 6:43 am
By Thom Hartmann A...
You may be surprised to learn that we spend about $2 billion dollars a year on our dysfunctional Congress. However, it's even more surprising to learn that corporate lobbyists spend even more to buy off our federal lawmakers.
From Unequal Protection, 2nd Edition:
"Hartmann combines a remarkable piece of historical research with a brilliant literary style to tell the grand story of corporate corruption and its consequences for society with the force and readability of a great novel."
—David C. Korten, author of When Corporations Rule the World and Agenda for A New Economy
"Hartmann speaks with the straight talking clarity and brilliance of a modern day Tom Paine as he exposes the intentional and systematic destruction of America’s middle class by an alliance of political con artists and outlines a program to restore it. This is Hartmann at his best. Essential reading for those interested in restoring the institution that made America the envy of the world."
—David C. Korten, author of The Great Turning and When Corporations Rule the World
From The Thom Hartmann Reader:
"Right through the worst of the Bush years and into the present, Thom Hartmann has been one of the very few voices constantly willing to tell the truth. Rank him up there with Jon Stewart, Bill Moyers, and Paul Krugman for having the sheer persistent courage of his convictions."
—Bill McKibben, author of Eaarth
Latest From The Community
Latest Forum Posts
- Thom, how about each called person asking any caller, that supports a federal candidate, 535 ?s about said federal candidate?
- Thom, Federal Trade Commission must instantly prosecute all law officers that commit unjust murders.
- Arizona Congressman Paul Gosar Hears Complaints From Frustrated Chemtrail Victims
- 10 new insults
- 10 Dumbest States for Educating Your Kids Before College
Latest Member Blogs
- Freddie Gray - how he got injured - an MD analysis
- Yes, GOP News Is That Stupid!
- How Corporate America Invented Christian America
- Nestle Corp caught illegally pumping water out of People’s S. California national forest for last 27 years.
- Corporate blood money.."lawful intercepts" (ie: spying)..and Censorship