- Jan. 21, 2009 9:48 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
Quote: "I stand here today as hopeful as ever that the United States of America will endure, that it will prevail, that the dream of our founders will live on in our time." -- Barack Obama, Lincoln Memorial concert, National Mall, Washington DC, January 18, 2009
Hour One - Thom's take on news of the day (and stories about the ball!)
Hour Two - Terry Jeffrey www.cnsnews.com Topic: Thom and Terry "shake it up" on the economy, stimulus plan, tax cuts, inauguration...Obama's first 100 days ahead
Hour Three "Everything You Know is Wrong" Ken Davis www.dontknowmuch.com Topic: Presidential inauguration history & little known facts; MLK too
- Jan. 21, 2009 8:34 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
- Jan. 21, 2009 8:33 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
- Jan. 21, 2009 8:31 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
- Jan. 21, 2009 6:46 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
- "Brunch with Bernie" with Senator Bernie Sanders, Independent of Vermont.
- Guest: Ravi Batra, professor of economics at Southern Methodist University, Dallas.
- 'Anything Goes' Friday.
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
- Jan. 20, 2009 8:52 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
Quote: "We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature." Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1861.
"Live" coverage of the inauguration of President Barack Obama w/Thom who will be broadcasting from the platform where President Barack Obama is giving his inaugural address - plus Ron Reagan is in the studio and joining Thom.
- Jan. 19, 2009 12:28 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
Quote: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in momentsof comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge andcontroversy." -- MartinLuther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963
THOM IS BROADCASTING LIVE FROM THE INAUGURAL RADIO ROW INWASHINGTON, D.C. - Guests today include:
Former DeputyCampaign Manager to the Hillary Clinton campaign, Bob Nash
Executive Directorof "Rock The Vote," Heather Smith www.rockthevote.org
President,International Machinists Union, Tom Buffenbarger www.goiam.org
Founder ofProgressive Strategies Inc, Mike Lux www.progressivestrategies.net
Former LieutenantGovernor, State of Maryland, Kathleen KennedyTownsend www.kathleenkennedytownsend.com
Mayor of Miami,Florida, Manny Diaz www.mayormannydiaz.blogspot.com
Californiarepresentative to the NAACP, Willis Edwards www.naacp.org
President,Arab-American Institute, James Zogby www.aaiusa.org
Former PrimeMinister of Ireland and current Ambassador to the United States representingthe European Union, Ambassador John Bruton www.eurunion.org
- Jan. 16, 2009 9:41 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Quote: "Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes. And armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few." President James Madison"Anything Goes Friday"Hour One - "Brunch With Bernie" Senator Bernie Sanders www.sanders.senate.govHour Two - Dr. Ravi Batra www.ravibatra.com Topic: Economy: TARP, Stimulus, Citibank break-up, B of A asking for another serving, etc...
- Jan. 16, 2009 7:03 amBy georgevap
Larry Beinhart is author of "Wag the Dog" "The Librarian", and more recently a novel, "Salvation Boulevard." He is also the author of three recent works on how raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans actually stimulates growth and how cutting taxes on the wealthiest Americans leads to a boom, bubble, and bust. These three works in order are: "Tax Cuts: The B.S. and the Facts", "Tax Cuts: Theology, Facts & Totally F**Ked" and Time for Tax Hikes.