Daily Topics - Monday January 25th 2010

Daily Topics - Monday January 25th 2010

unequal protection 1 imagesQuote: “If by the mere force of numbers a majority should deprive a minority of any clearly written constitutional right, it might, in a moral point of view, justify revolution” -- Abraham Lincoln

Hour One - What will a brave new America look like now that corporations are king? (pt 1)

Hour Two - What will a brave new America look like now that corporations are king? (pt 2) Plus -  Christian Norton www.workingamerica.org What is Labor's campaign against the banksters

Hour Three - A debate! - Why should corporations have human rights? Peter Ferrara www.theacru.org

Comments

Nels (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

I went to www.movetoamend.org, signed the petition and added the following comment:

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights." I believe that this line from the Declaration of Independence must be amended into the Constitution with two minor alterations, change the term 'men' to 'humans', and trail the quote with "and only human individuals are afforded the considerations of these rights."

Richard L. Adlof (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

War on Terror? Obama is going to announce an attack on Rahm Emanuel?!? OMG! This is news!

Loretta (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Dday,

I'm toughening you up for the revolution:-) there's hot chocolate and brandy in your water bottle attached to your frame...But I'm not playing fair at all. We have sunny moderate weather today...

I'll come to Mpls and we'll pass out our tea bags bundled up...

Nels (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

@ Richard, of course I realize in 1980 you would have had to write in Snoopy. My sarcastic remark about Mickey Mouse vs Ronald McDonald was more or less a statement that you'll get to vote for one corporations rep vs another corporations rep.

BTW, Snoopy would had made one hell of a better President than Regan... that really should go without saying though.

Thomas Jode (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Nels,
back then in the 1700's , men stood to mean all of humanity, so there is reason to restate something that repeats the definition. And, yes, only humans can be these rights, although it must defined in the Bill of Rights.

Thomas Jode (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

sorry, I mean't "no reason".

Richard L. Adlof (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Not Vampires . . . Organized Religion.

glenn n (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

re: citizens united

If corporations are people, I guess they can get married. (unless they are both male corporations, or both female, which would threaten marraige).

So I predict GQ inc. will soon marry VICTORIA SECRET, inc. They will have childern, BABIES R US, inc., and KOHLER, inc. will sponser their baby shower.

But none of us, the people will be invited. The $25 and $50 contributions like we gave to Obama are not quite high class enough for us to qualify.
However, LOREAL, inc. will be there to supply the lipstick, because we might as well kiss democracy goodbye.

harry ashburn (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

@Nels,
"back then in the 1700’s , men stood to mean all of humanity."

..on what planet?

Nels (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

@Thomas Jode, I know that back in the 1700's men stood to mean all of humanity, but today you really can't be to explicit, ie recent Supreme Court decision interpreting that Corporations have human rights to free speech. If the Constitution explicitly defines exactly who has human right and what doesn't, the Supreme Court has little interpretive license. As far as I'm concerned the Bill of Rights does a more than adequate job in defining these rights, its the Constitution that does not currently limit it from Corporations. That was why I requested the amendment with alterations so that it would be simple and to the point.

Thomas Jode (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Getting mad again Thom? =)

Wendy (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Re: Peter Ferrara:
When these people have no point and are trying to deceive, they resort to personal attacks and ridicule. They also tend to start screaming.

These people are not capable of intellectual debate, Thom.

Peter, it is you and your ilk that are directly responsible for the destruction of this country. I wish for you all that you deserve.

Nels (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

@harry, I didn't make that statement initially. Although I do understand what Thomas was getting at (I think).

Richard L. Adlof (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

To paraphrase “Inherent the Wind,” Peter Ferrara wishes to be the afforded the rights accorded a sponge.

Charles (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Isn't a group of people formed around an idealogical belief a religion?

Gerald Socha (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

I was born some seventy years ago of low middle class parents. We never had much money but we never seemed to want or need more money. My father worked in a factory and my mother worked during World War II in a factory. She worked on airplane wings and she would help rivet the wings in place. My father was a machinist and I do not know what he really did. He was deferred from military service because his eyesight was poor. His one eye was almost blind and he needed eyeglasses to see with the eyesight he had. My father was also very patriotic. He had a flagpole to put up the flag several times during the year, such as Flag Day, Independence Day, etc.

I went to a Catholic school where the sisters stressed patriotism. I grew up idealistic when it came to my country. I was indoctrinated on how great America was. We were a good, holy, and saintly country. We could do no wrong. My idealism stayed with me until I found the internet and I started to surf the internet. At first I was shocked to learn that America was not this good, holy, and saintly place. We really are the evil empire. For several years I tried not to speak ill of my country but it became more difficult because the preponderance of evidence of how evil we are just overwhelmed me.

Slowly, I started to have the courage to speak out against my country. I now believe that my country wants to place ninety percent of her people in indentured servitude, to make us slaves to the rich, to corporations, and to the military. I also believe that the Blackwater Mercenary Group will be given a license to kill any American dissenter of our government’s policies and practices. The School of the Americas in Fort Benning, Georgia refines on a daily basis the art of killing and torturing human beings. We have in America lunatics running our asylums.

Thom Hartmann helped to open my eyes to what America has been doing since Nixon nominated Lewis Powell to the Supreme Court. Once he was appointed to the Supreme Court, the Powell Memo became public. This memo serves as a guide as to how the lunatics will control us. Ronald Reagan is the right winger’s god. He has orchestrated our slow death with corporations by not giving us salary increases and by the outsourcing of American jobs. You make the people beg for scraps of food and you can control these people.

The Roberts’ Court in a five to four decision has sealed our demise. Corporations are now persons and their influence in our daily lives and in our politics will have no limits. Diebold and their rigged electronic voting machines cannot be sued. In fact no corporations can be sued for our destruction. We are now slaves to the industrial-military complex.

Thom was reluctant to say it with more emphasis because a religion would have to be criticized and he might not want to enflame some people. I am not afraid to say it or to offer my perceptual opinion on the Roberts’ decision saying that corporations are persons. It was the Catholic Mafia of the Supreme Court who made this decision possible. As a Catholic I see these five members as the Catholic Mafia.

Please do not look upon these five Mafioso types as typical Catholics. They are not true Catholics because a true Catholic is a true Christian. A true Christian believes in Christianity. Christianity is a value system and a way of life. A true Christian values the words of Jesus and follows the words of Jesus. To be a true Christian a person must be a disciple of Jesus Christ.

I have tried to share with you some of my background, some of my beliefs, and some of my perceptual opinions.

S'toon (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Thom's guest said that corporations are collections of individuals, therefore have the same freedom of speech rights as individuals.

What this argument assumes is that a) everybody working for a corporation has the same opinion, and/or b) there's some kind of democratic survey to determine where the corporation spends its money on campaigns. This of course, is total nonsense.

I also found it interesting that Thom was able to get his guest to get into an anti-liberal rant, that really exposed his allegiances and prejudices.

Richard L. Adlof (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Mr. Ferrara,

We understand that the Fascist Five’s decision to allow corporations to rape American politics with money as their deity-given 'human' right does not mean that most corporations will part with their beloved money BUT it does mean that those who do will certain do so to inflict evil. Purging the public good from a corporation's charter fosters only sociopathic behavior.

mstaggerlee (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

What's the deal with this Ferrarra guy? His arguement (as I unserstand it) seems to be that the Constitution gives rights to people, and that Corporations, as COLLECTIONS of people, are thus entitled to those same rights.

The Constitution, however, never makes any reference to the rights of a collection of people - the founders apparently felt that each indiviual person having certain rights would be sufficient, and that those rights need not be increased or amplified by the joining of one's own voice with the voices of others.

So, does Mr. Ferrarra's concern with "collections of people" make him a Collectivist - AKA a Communist??? Kinda seems that way to me. :)

Nels (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

@Gerald, as a fellow Catholic who also went through similar private education. Seems like we're headed back to the Dark Ages brought to us by conservative elements much like the Catholic Church had when they originally brought us a society dominated by the Oligarchy.

Your absolutely right a good Catholic believes in the teachings of Christ, and unfortunately these Catholics believe in the trappings of power.

Tim (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Where's the outrage? The outrage heard from the right about "we must have an up or down vote". And they threatened the nulear option which was to reverse the filibuster rule. The hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me.

nora (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

RE the Peter Ferrara debate--

He spoke as someone who has never worked for a corporation! No one working for a corporation has a right to speak their own mind while doing the work of the corporation. Speak off the corporate message and any employee gets booted.

What a myth that guest was promoting.

Employees who forfeit their freedom of speech to BE corporate employees, hardly make up a group exercising Free Speech!!!

A corporation is not a group of individuals exercising free speech AS a corporation. A corporation is a group with a line that everyone drawing a paycheck tows. A few individuals set the corporation's line and only those with a power edge are setting the opinions/speech voiced. There is nothing free about the atmosphere of a corporation. To claim otherwise is absurd!

mstaggerlee (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

@Blue Mark -

One problem with your plan re:Registering a Corporation to vote - The Supreme Court also has the option of REFUSING TO HEAR a case. So, they needn't take any action whatever.

DRichards (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Re: Peter Ferrara
The man is either an idiot or a liar. I suspect the later, but who knows?

Trevinla (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Using ACRU argument that a corporation is a group of people and should be alloted all the rights given each person then every person within that collection should have to pay the penalty given to the corporation for the crimes commuted. Further, each person should transfer their rights to that corporation to make it a person, and one person = one vote so all persons withn the collection would forfiet their vote to create the one vote for the corporate person. Therefore to create a corporate person you must lose the rights given to you as a natural person

nora (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Constitution aficionados, please... QUESTIONS

Here's the fourth section of the Fourteenth Amendment:

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

AND I got questions.

Does this apply ONLY to Civil War debt? Has Sec. 4 ever ben used for any other application?

Is it possible that Sec. 4 could apply to some current debts now placed on The American People???

I ask because it looks to me that this would be really useful in challenging the Transnational Corporations who are working hand-in-hand with individuals in government to sell us down the river.

I mean, we were tricked and scammed into bailing out the Banksters and there are a lot of unacceptable ramifications of that:

o It could have been better to let those who claimed to be "Too Big To Fail" to just FAIL, and declare an amnesty on much of the mess they left behind, among other things.

o The Banksters failed to make good faith loans to Americans as agreed, that's my understanding.

o More and more Americans now are worse off than ever.

o Americans are now indebted to pay off the interest on the bail-out loans for generations. Is that true at all and not an exaggeration? And if so, WHO are we paying back? Central Banks within the Federal Reserve? Are any of those parties at the Central Banks linked to the Banksters who were bailed out?

If these items becomes a daisychain of yes answers, does that mean we've been scammed?

And, IS A SCAM OF THIS PROPORTION AN ACT OF TREASON/INSURRECTION/REBELLION that increases the power of the scammers and decreases the power of the American government and nation and citizenry?

StarrGazerr (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

With all of this talk about corporations being "people", I wonder if the Supreme Court is aware that they have now invalidated the THIRTEENTH Amendment. If a corporation is a "person", and if a corporation, by definition, is OWNED by its shareholders, that would constitute slavery. The Thirteenth Amendment says that people cannot own other people. If you own a share of stock in Exxon, then you own part of Exxon, and if Exxon is a "person" then you own that "person" in violation of the Constitution.

It's a shame that people like Clarence Thomas apparently have never read the Constitution. It's a magnificent document designed to prevent the crazed abuses that this Court is now enacting.

Lore (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Five members of the Supreme Court have used their position to legislate access to the American political system to China, Osama bin Laden and other foreign interests. By using a corporation or subsidiary they can use unlimited funds to influence American politicians and views. This went beyond the scope of the case presented, which claimed no intention of challenging McCain Feingold or the other 100 years of laws that these 5 have removed by opinion.

Since the uproar that has ensued since this vile action took place, it has been further suggested that the COURT will determine - LEGISLATE - what corporations are able to pay to play!!!

Congress is where legislation is created and voted on. Not the court!

These 5 justices have exceeded their power and committed an act of TREASON! They are supporting TERRORISTS while we are at war!
Based on bad BEHAVIOR I want to see these justices removed from office!

------------------------
as to the corporation as a collection of people ----- people have rights, giving rights as a corporation means they get 2 votes - not one!!!!!

mstaggerlee (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

@Mark K - An interseting side note to your post - Favre's last pass as a Jet was also picked off - just not in a playoff game.

DDay (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

@ Loretta
re: "toughening you up for the revolution"
I'm guessing now...but don't you live in Portland? As a great, great,great...grandson of Sgt. Noah Day from Conn., more importantly, as a Midwesterner, even more critically, as someone who works progressive politics in Michele Bachmann's Congressional District, ...toughen me up? Puleeeze....

then you mentioned hot chocolate, brandy, and coming to Mpls...

If you need a place,... my wife, my GSD, (Homer) and myself have a big ol' house along the banks of the Mississippi just north of town with three empty bedrooms from which you can choose. (Hotel Minnesota) You should note: Present Conditions: It is snowing and the thermometer is headed south for the foreseeable future. Advice? Wait for at least until early April, (March is the snowiest month), besides, Sarah Palin will be coming here to campaign with Michele Bachmann then. We could use some help with push back. Finally, It will toughen YOU up! :-) mi casa a su casa!

Blue Mark (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

The Fed has been effectively loaning money to banks at zero percent interest. The banks in turn can deposit that money into interest bearing accounts with the Fed - producing free money paid by the Fed out of thin air - or gamble it on the markets.

This is really a corrupted form of "social credit", where distribution of the social dividend is given to wealthy banks instead of to the people.

D.Silva (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

A corporation is a collection of individuals and when granted free speech one man now has two voices. The minority can instantly become the majority of voice. When the new false majority has near unlimited funds their message becomes so loud that it become the only voice that can be heard. Then democracy dies.

Charles (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

@nora-

You are confusing the corporation, a collection of investors that have no agenda beyond increasing there wealth, and the employee. The only way the lowly servant gains a voice in the corporation is through unionization.

Lore (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

D Silva - well put!

Quark (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

I have called my congressmen this week and told them that mitigating this supreme court decision should be the FIRST PRIORITY of Democrats. The second is good jobs.

Nels (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the recent Supreme Court decision give all organizations, not just Corporations, the right to dump loads of money into any politicians campaign, or Proposition.

In other words, as much as there is concern about Corporations, where is the outrage about the voice of untaxed religious organizations or foreign government contributions?

Charles (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

@ Blue Mark -

The Fed and the Treasury are not the same. The Fed issues zero interest loans to the banksters, the bankster then purchase Treasury bills at less than face value that can be redeemed for full value in as little as two days. The Treasury receives its money from the tax payer while the Fed makes money out of the thin air. The tax payer is being robbed by the Fed.

Nels (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Anyone here got an 18 year old corporation?

DDay (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Nels,
re: "dump loads of money into any politician's campaign'...

Corporations cannot contribute more than $2300 to a campaign. They can, however, spend without limit on the behalf or against anyone or thing so long as they do not coordinate with a campaign or a candidate. The same is now true for Unions.

Nels (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

@DDay, oh OK, so I can now sleep easy tonight. :-)

I guess I'll just keep pushing for Public Campaign Reform and Instant Runoff Voting just for the sake of it then.

Richard L. Adlof (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago
Gerald Socha (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Let me say that Thom's three hours on January 25, 2010 were great.

I would like to share with you an actual experience on January 25, 2010. As I was awakening from my deep sleep, my Guardian Angel shared a verse from the Bible. “Render to God the things that are for God! Render to Caesar the things that are for Caesar!”

As I reflected on this revelation from my Guardian Angel, I now realize that our elected politicians are not committing mass murders and war crimes in spreading wars. Our politicians are rendering to Caesar or the president that call for wars and more funding for these wars in order to keep us safe and secure.

Our politicians might actually be saints for their votes. Jesus did say “Render to Caesar the things that are for Caesar!” Some people will say that our presidents are only puppets. Our presidents take orders from our Shadow Government. The Shadow Government is made up of many transnational corporations. Some Americans will say that these corporations are not human beings or persons. These Americans are wrong because the U.S. Supreme Court says that corporations are human beings or persons. These corporations are the Caesars whom we can render to them the things that they want. If it means, that war is acceptable and the killing of God’s children is acceptable because Caesar says we are going to war for our safety and security.

The U.S. Supreme Court may have given us an intended consequence of their decision to say that corporations are human beings or persons and corporations are rendering to the world saintly acts and deeds.

It now appears that mass murders, war crimes, and crimes against humanity are actually saintly actions as long as we are doing these actions for our safety and security.

Charles (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Unions do not sell a product, real or fictitious, and therefore have only the dues collected from their members to fund advertisements. Since the folks who fought for the privileges that today's workers enjoy have left the workforce or passed on, the significance of unions has lost its value and in turn its membership has fallen greatly. This is like the proverbial bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Gerald Socha (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Nels, Vatican II has tried to bring our Church out of the Dark Ages. I believe that Vatican II was trying to have the Church become more mature over past mistakes. The problem we and the Church face has to do with the Traditional Catholics who want to return the Church to the Dark Ages. I do not want us to turn back the actions of Vatican II. Nels, as you know, there are different kinds of Catholics. It is my perceptual opinion that Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and Charles Krauthammer are not good examples of Catholics. We can also add those five Mafioso types on the U.S. Supreme Court as terrible examples of Catholics in action.

Gerald Socha (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

I will start this comment by saying that I have a great wife. As people grow older, they can develop some different and peculiar ways. For example, I love my wife’s famous marinated four bean salad. I have asked her to make it for me but she refuses. She has said that she would never make this salad in the winter. I promised her that I would not go out in the public after I have eaten her salad. She still refuses to prepare this salad. In some ways I can understand because some guests may stop by our place and there can be a problem.

I will concede to her that the salad in the winter may not be a good idea. Now, she is upset at me because on the side of my desk where I have the computer, there are two beach towels slightly overlapping. I also have a regular towel, a hand towel, and a wash cloth near me. On top of the beach towel is an empty All Detergent bucket. The bucket is about thirteen inches square and on the side of the bucket I have three words printed, “My Barf Bucket.” When I surf the internet, I will come across various writers’ articles and politicians’ words that will make me puke. The barf bucket is helpful because I can place my head in the bucket to puke. There is no spatter onto the carpeting but my wife is not happy with me.

This barf bucket is definitely needed. I frequently puke and the bucket is necessary. At the end the day as I walk by the bathroom, I will let the contents from the bucket slide down into the toilet. With an empty bucket I go to the basement and I will wash the bucket in the wash tub. I will also dry the bucket and head upstairs and place the bucket on the beach towels. It is my daily ritual.

The word, ritual, reminds me of some information that I wish to share. To consummate a marriage two acts must be completed. Saying, “I do,” in a wedding ceremony does not consummate a marriage. First of all, the conjugal act must be completed. The second act that needs completion is the pulling of the finger ritual. Unless this second act is completed a couple is not fully married. Either spouse may pull the other spouse’s finger. At the very time one spouse pulls the other spouse’s finger, the second spouse breaks wind. Once the pulling of the finger and the breaking wind are completed, the second act is completed and the couple is fully married.

By the end of our honeymoon I am happy to say that both acts were completed and we arrived home fully married.

mstaggerlee (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Gerald - I am now convinced - you should NOT wait for reform legislation before seeing a doctor - you should go, IMMEDIATELY, to -

1) A gastroenterologist, for the regurgitation issue - I read lotsa stuff on the net that mentally sickens me, but it NEVER gets to the point of physical ilness.

2) A psychiatrist, if you REALLY buy that "pull my finger" stuff. :D

DDay (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

It gives me reason for hope to hear all these voices of outrage and concern for the survival of our heritage. Our opponents have been successfully selling fear and alarm for a long time now. Mostly fear about things external like terrorism or "Arabs". Years ago, before 9/11, it was often things more insidious and internal like "activist judges" or "liberal justices". Hitler blamed Jews and Communists. Now many people are awakening to the realization that our basic American, individual freedoms are under attack and on the verge of being usurped by a cabal of oligarchs, plutocrats, and corporatists who place personal gain before all else; including their own country.

Now it is our turn to sell fear and alarm. Not trying to promote false or racist fear as has been the case but real concern and protection for our most precious charge: " to keep this Republic...if we can". Ensuring our sacred and unique individual rights of self determination unalloyed or conditioned by any artificial our outside influences. One human...One vote! We must alert the public to the real dangers and inspire them to act. Encouraging people of all political stripes to act responsibly and patriotically in service to their solemn obligations of citizenship as truly loyal Americans would. The danger is real.

I hope people stay fired up and start to take actions which will inspire their less concerned friends and neighbors to take a look, and then spread the alarm. This is a debate we can win so long as we insist on staying on point. It's about INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM and what our fore father's intended. It is about the absurdity of the opposing propositions for corporate person-hood. Plain and simple. They will try and change the wording in hopes of changing the debate. If we don't let them, if we keep coming back to individual freedoms and liberty as opposed to, or versus corporate hegemony, we win the argument. Gen. Lee won most of his battles with lesser means, because he almost always seized the high ground. Last Thursday's Court decision revealed the high ground in this battle. We must seize it and then strike out from it. We will all truly suffer if we don't, and so will our children's future. Time to take a stand. Truth is: There should be thousands of suits brought to the court to fight this grab for power. Keep agitating! Start the Revolution!

Gerald Socha (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

mstaggerlee, thank you for the comment! A high school friend shared with the pulling of the finger ritual on his honeymoon. I do believe that the pulling of the finger helps a marriage.

Here is what actually happened! "Jo, Jo, hurry, pull my finger" and as she pulled the finger I broke wind.

One year later as my wife and I were talking, I mentioned to her about the pulling of the finger ritual. She said to me that she thought to herself, "What have I gotten myself into by marrying this man?" Well, she got a man who will be her husband for forty-five years in about five months or so.

I have not given my wife or our sons much money but I have tried to fill our home with laughter and a sense of humor. For the most part I have succeeded with the laughter and sense of humor during our marriage.

DDay (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

Gerald-
It is not the nature of the hardship, but the "lessons" we learn from them that can make us victims. Because we are told lies and fairy tales does not mean that we should take the opposite as being true. It was no more true that we as a nation were always good anymore than it is true that we are all evil. Real life isn't as simple as religious dogma would too often teach. It is a tragic truth that when the pendulum swings too wide in one direction it will surely swing too far in the opposite. You, as a thinking, caring, adult, should remember this: not only for your own peace and growth, but for the peace and benefit of your friends and loved ones. No beans about it. Lithium anyone? :-(

Gerald Socha (not verified) 4 years 30 weeks ago

DDay, what really pisses me off is the total insensitive that I see with Americans treating other Americans and with all of God's children.

You don't know what 'Libertarian' means...

If you want to know what libertarianism is all about, don’t ask a libertarian, because most of them don’t know.

From Unequal Protection, 2nd Edition:
"If you wonder why and when giant corporations got the power to reign supreme over us, here’s the story."
Jim Hightower, national radio commentator and author of Swim Against the Current
"Right through the worst of the Bush years and into the present, Thom Hartmann has been one of the very few voices constantly willing to tell the truth. Rank him up there with Jon Stewart, Bill Moyers, and Paul Krugman for having the sheer persistent courage of his convictions."
Bill McKibben, author of Eaarth
"Thom Hartmann ought to be bronzed. His new book sets off from the same high plane as the last and offers explicit tools and how-to advice that will allow you to see, hear, and feel propaganda when it's directed at you and use the same techniques to refute it. His book would make a deaf-mute a better communicator. I want him on my reading table every day, and if you try one of his books, so will you."
Peter Coyote, actor and author of Sleeping Where I Fall