Strike Down! - 5 unelected, right-wing, judges will put politics & corporate profits above the health of the nation!
35% (17 votes)
Uphold! - While Obamacare isn’t perfect, it's not unconstitutional & it is a start.
65% (32 votes)
Total votes: 49

Comments

shelz's picture
shelz 2 years 35 weeks ago

I have been a billing manager for orthopedic surgeons for 16 years. It is criminal the way the insurance companies rape their insured. It is time that everyone has health insurance.

gr8macaw's picture
gr8macaw 2 years 35 weeks ago

Now has the US of A become so totally rediculous? We have compulsory insurance for our cars. Nobody objected to this.Now compulsory insurance for healthcare? Now the Supreme Court intervenes? We know what happened last time when this criminally appointed court made another decision. It placed us into a war and all the atrocities this now has brought upon us.

Switch it anyway you wish. American's you have a cabal of criminals making desicions that affect youre life. I came to America 20 years ago not for money but just because I was so captivated by youre country. It took my breath away and I wished to make this country my own. Now what have you done? Now we have totally descended into fascism.

I work as house manager in one of the poorest hospitals in LA. We have no money and neither do they. Our emergency room is a mash unit every night. Most of our patients have no money, neither do we, we just survived bancrupsy by the skin of our teeth. We dont know if we will be here next week.

It uspsets me when I hear people who have no experience of socialised medicine criticise it so much. You know over 90% of people living with socialised medicine would never switch. Wanna run for political office in England tell them youre objective is to do away with the national health service. Then see how long you will last. Se when the people experience it they like it.

ArtistLucy's picture
ArtistLucy 2 years 35 weeks ago

That is what Republicans and Insurance Companies are afraid of...we'll love Obamacare and want to take it further with Medicare for ALL...that's my hope for my granddaughter and daughter...single payer medicine for all.

gr8macaw's picture
gr8macaw 2 years 35 weeks ago

Will somebody just tell the truth out here?

This plan for healthcare was hatched way back with Nixon, as I remeber a think tank came up with this plan. A republican plan, Nixon axed it. Now it resurfaces now with Obama. So the republicans scream. Oh sorry I thought it was their plan first. I am sure Thom knows this better than I do.

But this discusts me when nobody has the courage to speak the truth. Now who is Obama? I think not the peoples president. He has shown his colors many times and that he dances between the aisles making sure he keeps all his money men satisfied. This president dissapoints me so much. I sent him money and small nurses like me, we sent him money. Now he dances between the aisles. Keep the Keystone pipeland in little bits. We know who he is affiliated to and it is not us. Now what do we do? I guess not send him anymore money.

gr8macaw's picture
gr8macaw 2 years 35 weeks ago

Now lets think about this? The insurance companies insure you when you are young and not sick. Now when you get old and make the most demands on the heathcare system they get the taxpayers. ie. you and I to pick up the costs. Now lets look at this if we could spread out the whole cost of healthcare across us all. It might be cheaper. Young people making no demands might spread out the cost for others older? Make scence? This is why healthcare corporations fight against this. See they are making money on the most healthy and when you get old then give it up to us the the taxpayers with medicare.

Privitase the gains and socialise the losses?

Give politicians enough money to keep this whole thing going? It is not for us the people in America it is for them the 1%.

No Fraud's picture
No Fraud 2 years 35 weeks ago

No American should be without the best health and medical care... Single Payer Healthcare is NOT unconstitutional, it is a step in the right direction for bettering the lives of ALL Americans. What Obamacare does is get a new dialog being discused...We "the people" must not be fooled by the communist fear rhetoric of the 1950's. Sure I do caution that we not allow government (federal and state) to dictate how "we the people" live our lives...Single Payer Health Care for basic health and emergencies assures that EVERYONE receives coverage for health care (doctor visits, tests, treatment, medicine) and emergency (injury). This type of system is NOT evil, it is the sign of a Nation that cares for The People.

Personally I'd much rather see my tax dollars going towards single payer healthcare then foolish and unnecessary illegal wars.

telliottmbamsc's picture
telliottmbamsc 2 years 35 weeks ago

Since when does the American Judicial System have anything to do with the right or wrong of applying the law?

I voted Uphold not because its constitutional (it isn't, come on, the commercial clause?!) but because it is a huge Corporate give-a-away that is entirely consistent with the 5 facists on the Supreme Court.

jfyooper's picture
jfyooper 2 years 35 weeks ago

Anytime you keep the insurance companies involved, there is a scam included. It is like inclusions and exclusions on a policy.

And as time goes on, the policy will change. The insurance companies will raise our premiums on the Single Payer, and raise the cost to the government. And again it will be a win-win for the stock holder, like, lets say your Congressman/women

Login or register to post comments

The world we're leaving for today's teens...

Without immediate global action on climate change, today's teenagers will be forced to live with the consequences of our inaction. The World Bank has issued their third report of climate change, and it says that global temperatures could rise by as much as 4 degrees Celsius by the time today's teens hit their 80th birthday.

"Hartmann speaks with the straight talking clarity and brilliance of a modern day Tom Paine as he exposes the intentional and systematic destruction of America’s middle class by an alliance of political con artists and outlines a program to restore it. This is Hartmann at his best. Essential reading for those interested in restoring the institution that made America the envy of the world."
David C. Korten, author of The Great Turning and When Corporations Rule the World
"Thom is a national treasure. Read him, embrace him, learn from him, and follow him as we all work for social change."
Robert Greenwald, political activist and founder and president of Brave New Films
"Thom Hartmann is a literary descendent of Ben Franklin and Tom Paine. His unflinching observations and deep passion inspire us to explore contemporary culture, politics, and economics; challenge us to face the facts of the societies we are creating; and empower us to demand a better world for our children and grandchildren."
John Perkins, author of the New York Times bestselling book Confessions of an Economic Hit Man