Yes! Several red states are pushing ahead with the new voter ID laws.
81% (42 votes)
No! Americans with no photo ID are 25% African American, 19% Latino, and 18% are young people. No way their vote won't count!
19% (10 votes)
Total votes: 52

Comments

David J. Cyr's picture
David J. Cyr 2 years 20 weeks ago

Democrats have used voter suppression far more than Republicans... and in doing so the Democrats ensured that elections did not serve any good purpose.

The corporate-state's most effective means of voter suppression has been the liberal activists — the (D) dedicated "progressives" — who for many decades have relentlessly worked to ruthlessly suppress voter support for any people's candidates who dare to stand in true opposition against the sociopathy of the corporate (R) & (D) party's corporatism.

It is the corporate party's (D) dedicated "progressives" who have persuaded people to not vote, if they wouldn't vote to get more evil done better by Democrats.

The depraved duplicity of Democrat operatives is clearly revealed by their opposition to voting against war; their opposition to voting for public funded non-employer based healthcare for all; their opposition to voting for immediate redeployment away from militarism and into massive mitigation of climate change.

If the (D) dedicated "progressives" had the good intentions they claim to have, then they'd strongly encourage people to forcefully vote for Greens, to make the corporate party's money manufactured Democrats fear the people... but then, If the (D) dedicated "progressives" had any good intentions they wouldn't be the stalwart (D) voting supporters of the corporate party's corporatism they are.

Todays' young don't have a half-century of human habitable planet time left to waste upon a proven to be false faith-based belief in corporate solutions, like the degenerate ("Greatest" and "My") generations did.

Occupy the 2012 election with support for Dr. Jill Stein for president.

The "Principles" of Liberal Voters:

chenangogreens.org

brucewhizin 2 years 20 weeks ago

The comments I've seen so far lead this 81 year old veteran to say, "I guess the world/planet is flat afterall. Because a lot of people must have 'sailed off the edge to believe that liberals or progressives or democrats or whatever you want to call us, ever want to suppress anyone who wants to vote from being able to do so. Gee whiz, maybe i'm just 'an old geezer' who sailed off the edge too....

jazzyjoy's picture
jazzyjoy 2 years 20 weeks ago

I'm only 77 but feel that preventing people from voting in an election that is already fixed is over-kill. .Love sailing on the edge of realiity with no drugs or booze.

arky12's picture
arky12 2 years 20 weeks ago

At 71, I seem to be the youngest of two others here, but old enough to know better then to buy into political lies. My eyes were opened last year when I discovered FSTV and then Thom's show and also by watching the idiots in action on C-Span. Unless the President gets more involved in investigating these voter suppression laws, the election is up for grabs by whoever is the best hacker.

rob321pgh's picture
rob321pgh 2 years 20 weeks ago

Their mabe some republicans who will not able to vote

washnwmn's picture
washnwmn 2 years 20 weeks ago

Not sure how to vote on this one. The choices seem limited. These suppression tactics can be circumvented.... do what we used to do back in the day to get folks out to vote. Get volunteers at the local party HQ to go through lists of voters in the area and make calls asking if anyone needs a ride to the ID place and help get them IDs, and if needed help get them to the polls on election day. A little effort could go a long way.

dmcrane1's picture
dmcrane1 2 years 20 weeks ago

The GOP cannot buy our vote if we don't sell it to them, and the only way we'll truly lose is if we don't do everything we can to get people ID's if they don't have them and get out the vote. Volunteer to register voters. Go to you local office and call voters and get people to sign up to vote by mail because there's a much higher turnout that way. I think we will take the day and re-elect our President and am making sure I do all I can to get voters out and educate low information voters about what is going on and how important their vote will be. f I am wrong and we lose, I will never say to myself that I didn't do all I could to save my country from the Plutocrats. I am not a PollyAnna, I am 68 years old and was for years an "Eisenhower Republican" like my dad, who was a WWII and Korean War Veteran. I changed my registration when GWB took us into Iraq in a trumped up war as if he had no care for the fact that our veterans, who are our children, husbands, wives, sisters, brother, would die there for nothing. The Republican Party has gone over to the dark side and use money and lies and guile and other serpents tricks to get their way and buy their country and then sell us off to the highest bidder of their rich unfettered corporate buddies. My dad died in 2009 at 92 years old, but not before he had voted for President Obama in 2008 saying "I don't recognize the Republicans anymore...they're mean now". I don't intend to give up this fight. It's my country too...my dad fought hard to save it for me and I won't give it up easily.

nigle77's picture
nigle77 2 years 20 weeks ago

Hello America,

I don't know way the people talke about G.W.Bush, and What G.W.Bush done to America ! 1) G.W.Bush sends jobs oversea & to China (2) from 2001 - 2008) (3) G.W.Bush lie to the America-Prople about the War ! and other things (4) the Republicans & G.W.Bush did not help all of the Womens & Mens who came back from the War ! (5) there are Women & Mens who live in parks, Streets, and G.W.Bush did not help or ddo any things to help them !

When Presient Obama came in there was NO-JOBS for the American-People ! that is the Truth the American-People have to open their eyes to see what the Republicans are doing to him I live in Heber Springs, Arkansas about 81 mile from Little Rock, Arkansas and 22 mile Weat of a twon, wish the KKK live. and do you know their names now ? they call them self the( New Republicans kkk ) and that is the "Truth"

Mitt Romney is going to be the next President in 2013 ! me I want Presdent Obama that why you have to open your eyes and help get Obama back in the White House in 2013 if you think about it Mitt Romney told the American-People that he did not know how much he (Mitt) has ! and that was a lie I tell you what Mitt REomney got his moneys and it was not geting Womens & Mens JOBS Mitt Romney took the Womens & Mens jobs away from them and sending the jobs "Oversea" & to "China" from (1998-2011)

than Mitt Romny told them if you want a job you have to full out for a job ! Why ? Some came back for $7.00 to 8.00 an hour and when the jobs went "Oversea & to China" the 1% saw how much they got $3.00 an hour ! that how the 1% made their mony

That what Mitt Romney is going to do if he get in

God Bless America & President Obama

nigle77's picture
nigle77 2 years 20 weeks ago

Why do the American Poeple like to go oversea and tell them what to do ! and how to Vote and tell them America is Free ? Why ?

1) the Republicans all what they know what to do to says is (Lies)

2) G.W.Bush send Womens & Mens Oversea to fight a War on Lies and then told the people how to VOTE

3) Look at America ! all are f full of Lie and the 1%, Tea-Paarty, also Mitt Romney are TWO-Face and know how to Lies

4) America is Number One in Womens & Mens being (LOCK_UP)

5) America-People are Number ONE in tell other people what to do and how to Vote

6) The Police are Number ONE in talkine to Mens & Womens like a DOG and in Hiting Blacks and geting away with it

7) The America people are Number ONE by mading fun of people & the GOP know it that why the GOP do the same thimg.

8) if you are in the UK or the Swiss, and if the Republican told the people, some of "You and the Black CAN NOT VOTE"

9) The "People will be Mad" but here in (America people say Well it ok)

10) You say "America is FREE" then America you have 3-Months to be FREE so ytou can "VOTE"

11) Did you know Why the Republicans is doing what they are doing ! the Republicans think you are a "Crt Baby"

12) Are you ?

13) if NOT ?

14) then let go & "VOTE"

nigle77's picture
nigle77 2 years 20 weeks ago

- Hello,

Did you know that Mitt Romney is buying American-People off so they will Vote for Romney ! also Mitt is paying people light Bill & Oil Bill also Water Bills !

do you know if Mitt Romney get in it will be Like G.W.Bush all over again, as G.W.Bush sends all the jobs to China & Oversea from (2002-2008) and Mitt Romney sends jobs to China & ALL-Oversea from (1998-2011)

Mittt Romney did not gave people jobs are wht Mitt did was took the Womens & Mens jobs away from then and do you know that America is not FREE any more ! if it was FREE then why do the Womens & Mens go all Over and tell them how to Vote and Top it off the People of America can not Vote !

so you tell me ?

Login or register to post comments

The world we're leaving for today's teens...

Without immediate global action on climate change, today's teenagers will be forced to live with the consequences of our inaction. The World Bank has issued their third report of climate change, and it says that global temperatures could rise by as much as 4 degrees Celsius by the time today's teens hit their 80th birthday.

"Thom Hartmann is a creative thinker and committed small-d democrat. He has dealt with a wide range of topics throughout his life, and this book provides an excellent cross section. The Thom Hartmann Reader will make people both angry and motivated to act."
Dean Baker, economist and author of Plunder and Blunder, False Profits, and Taking Economics Seriously
"Thom Hartmann channels the best of the American Founders with voice and pen. His deep attachment to a democratic civil society is just the medicine America needs."
Tom Hayden, author of The Long Sixties and director, Peace and Justice Resource Center.
"If we are going to live in a Democracy, we need to have a healthy middle class. Thom Hartmann shows us how the ‘cons’ have wronged this country, and tells us what needs to be done to reclaim what it is to be American."
Eric Utne, Founder, Utne magazine