YES! He'll cave to the GOP to avoid the “fiscal cliff.”
25% (13 votes)
NO! He'll stand with the 60% that want the rich to pay more.
75% (39 votes)
Total votes: 52

Comments

hegesias 2 years 33 weeks ago

In exchange for Obama's preserving the tax cuts for the rich, the rePubes will allow the poor to live. It was the best deal the President could get.

tonirochelle's picture
tonirochelle 2 years 32 weeks ago

Every day now I say to myself, "Please, Obama, don't give in. Stand your ground." , but I don't think he will.

bobkitti1's picture
bobkitti1 2 years 32 weeks ago

hegesias, I wish I had thought of that. However, I sure hope you're wrong. I think he'll do it this time. He has a lot of experience since he last did that and he has more leverage now. At least I think he does.

Another thing, Reid and the Democratic Senators need to severly limit the filibuster rules. If they don't they are fools. They most likely won't

SKI's picture
SKI 2 years 32 weeks ago

Why oh why do we keep saying "This time I'm sure Lucy will keep the ball in place so I can give it a great big ...Ahhhggg!!"

SKI's picture
SKI 2 years 32 weeks ago

dianhow's picture
dianhow 2 years 32 weeks ago

Obaba MUSt end Bush tax cuts Even if he has to call Bagger GOP 's bluff and END ALL BUSH CUTS . Voters must push Obama to do that go to . www.whitehouse.gov call 202 456 1111 Obama has the 'political capital ' to get that done NO more Mr Nice guy .Or caving . Boehner McConnell has NO power to give orders anymore ! Take control Obama Compromsie but do not give away the store .DO not gut SS We paid dearly for those benfits Millions like me paid double SS taxes .Bagger GO P so much damage ..stalling, blocking, filibustering, threatening It must ST OP NOW . Folks Hound your REps Tell them to work for we the people. for a change. NOt wealthy lobbyist Grover Norquist or Karl Rove .

dianhow's picture
dianhow 2 years 32 weeks ago

Lets make sure Obama does Stand his ground This Election gave him the mandate to say ' Boehner NO more BS End the Bush cuts OR WE end all the Bush cuts. Call their bluiff Underneath it all GOP is gutless People have spoken Stand tough NO Mr Nice guy THat just spells weakness to the Bagger GOP They do not respect sincere ' negotiation or give and take They demand and do not back down Obama take a lesson from them on that

dianhow's picture
dianhow 2 years 32 weeks ago

www.whitehouse.gov    contact call e-mail often 202 456 1111 Lets not give up now Push Cajole demand untill it gets done 1 End Bush cuts 2. Pass jobs bill 3 Eliminate corp loopholes, OIL - Agra business subsides - NO Tax cuts for jobs sent overseas 4. Amend Citizens United 5 . Medicare for ALL 6 Raise SS tax cap 7 . Immigration reform 8 Reduce the power of greedy DC lobbyists who bribe our Reps 9 Strengthen Wall St reform 10 Tweak Obama care as needed Thats alot .. Do the best you can PLS Stop offering TO always compromise up front Its the GOP 's turn . DEMAND ACTION

forestlady11's picture
forestlady11 2 years 32 weeks ago

perfect...I'm going to pass this around, you covered it all. WE the people can take our country back, and get 'equal JUSTICE for ALL the people of the world....together. We are on the right side of history!!

arky12's picture
arky12 2 years 32 weeks ago

I watched a lengthy discussion of the potential cuts to defense this morning on C-Span and it was the general consensus that this cut would do not harm to the DOD. Of the $500B cut, a 10% cut to private defense contractors would save $300B alone, which would allow for waste cutting in that sector. Many other areas that are no longer needed would make up the rest or exceed the savings.

Watching Senator Schumer now discussing Democratic strategy going forward. He feels that now is the time, when they have a lame duck session and good leverage given the recent election, to go for the grand bargain. Although I earlier heard some intelligent discussion regards SS, Medicare and Medicaid that these are not of immediate need of a fix, but should be extended out over time with

some intelligent, well thought out reforms vs willy nilly quick fixes that could ultimately harm them.

GypsyO53's picture
GypsyO53 2 years 32 weeks ago

I am sure President Obama will stand his ground --Now is the time!! He definately has a mandate.

Login or register to post comments

You Too Can Buy a Congressman…

Ever wonder what the best investment you can make is?

I’m not in the business of giving financial advice - but I wanted to share with you this secret that every billionaire and large corporation in this country knows. The best investment you can make isn’t gold or some revolutionary technology.

The best investment you can make is to buy a politician!

"Once again, Thom Hartmann hits the bull’s eye with a much needed exposé of the so-called ‘free market.’ Anyone concerned about the future of our nation needs to read Screwed now."
Michael Toms, Founding President, New Dimensions World Broadcasting Network and author of A Time For Choices: Deep Dialogues for Deep Democracy
"Right through the worst of the Bush years and into the present, Thom Hartmann has been one of the very few voices constantly willing to tell the truth. Rank him up there with Jon Stewart, Bill Moyers, and Paul Krugman for having the sheer persistent courage of his convictions."
Bill McKibben, author of Eaarth
"Thom Hartmann channels the best of the American Founders with voice and pen. His deep attachment to a democratic civil society is just the medicine America needs."
Tom Hayden, author of The Long Sixties and director, Peace and Justice Resource Center.