May 30 2008 show notes
Jun. 2, 2008 9:32 pm
By Thom Hartmann A...
- "Brunch with Bernie" with Senator Bernie Sanders, Independent of Vermont.
- Guest: Ravi Batra, professor of economics at Southern Methodist University, Dallas. 25% + inflation in Vietnam, inflation in Iceland, Latin America food prices, Economic bubble.
- Guest: Senator Tom Daschle, Center for American Progress. Author, "Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis".
- Guest: Robert Greenwald, Brave New Films. Video "The Real McCain 2", GI bill video and Expose of McCain endorser Rod Parsley.
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
Friday 30 May '08 show
- Last night's event, Unity Day in the Bay with Thom Hartmann. Unity Day Event Footage (highlights, 5:25, more to follow). Over 300 turned up. Two brave delegates. The video will go up.
- Thom's in New York next week.
- Article: Regulators Step Up Probes Of Trading in Oil Markets.
- Article: Numbers racket: Why the economy is worse than we know, Kevin Phillips, Harpers, May 2008.
- Bumper Music: Radio, Hackensaw Boys (video).
"The press corps was under enormous pressure from corporate executives, frankly, to make sure that this was a war presented in way that was consistent with the patriotic fever in the nation and the president