October 15 2008 show notes
Oct. 16, 2008 9:00 pm
By Thom Hartmann A...
- Guest: Mark Mitchell, The Naked Short Selling That Toppled Wall Street.
- Guest: CNS Editor-in-Chief Terence Jeffrey.
- Guest: Naomi Klein. Is the financial crisis an intentional shock or simply an opportunity for the vultures? Her book, The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism.
- Guest: Larry Scott, founder and Editor of VA Watch Dog. "The American Veteran's On-Line News Magazine".
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
- "I'm an old man. I hate everything but Matlock" -- Grampa Simpson, "Whacking Day".
- Article: The Naked Short Selling That Toppled Wall Street, Mark Mitchell.
"The attack on Bear Stearns, for example, began on January 9, when hedge funds naked shorted more than 1.1 million shares. The shares