Sep. 3, 2009 7:41 am
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Heather Higgins, Chairwoman of the Independent Women's Forum.
- Economist/Author/Columnist John Lott, Ph.D.
- Author Sam Tanenhaus of the New York Times.
- Is breast cancer going to replace death panels as the new boogey-man from the right?
- Cash for geezers debate: will lowering the Social Security retirement age to 55 save our economy?"
- What is conservatism and why is it dead?
- Article: Cash for Geezers? Lower the Retirement Age to 55 Now! by Thom Hartmann.
- Bumper Music:
- The Mail Must Go Through, Larry Groce & The Disneyland Children's Sing Along Chorus (clip).
- Shake It Up, The Cars.
- Ghost Chickens in the Sky, Sean Morey.
- You're the Voice, Heart (video).
- Straight White Middle Class Male, Dave Lippman.
- King of the Road, Roger Miller (video).
- You can leave your hat on, Randy Newman.
- Democracy is coming to the USA, Leonard Cohen.
- Member of the day: "darling" for:
The ability for our US health insurance companies to claim that their record of curing breast cancer (for example) is exemplary is due to the fact that they kick those people off the program that will make their numbers not look good (ie die).