Sep. 25, 2009 5:37 pm
- Show live from New York.
- Dr. Todd Rubin, Anesthesiologist from Atlanta, member of Doctors for Patient Care.
- Dr. Paul Hochfeld, Spokesperson for Mad as Hell Doctors, Emergency Room Doctor-Good Samaritan, Corvallis, OR.
- Matt Latimer, former Bush speech writer.
- Dr. Ravi Batra. Professor of Economics at Southern Methodist University (SMU)
- Will health care reform hurt or help the economy?
- Why some doctors are putting people before profits.
- "Speech-less: tales of a White House survivor".
- Economy, economy, economy.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Bumper Music:
- Article: Rockefeller: "The Insurance Industry... Is Running Certain People In This Markup" (VIDEO) by Arthur Delaney.
"This is a very, very important amendment and it's a very, very bad amendment," said Rockefeller. "If there's anything which is clear, it's that the insurance industry is not running this markup, but is running certain people in this markup."