May. 3, 2010 4:43 pm
- Gulf oil spill blows up seafood industry...("how's that de-regulation thing working out for you?????")
- Alpha dumps AZ for conference over new immigration law.
- Birthers plan to storm Washington for march on "Obama birth certificate" and "Obamacare"...really?!
- Congress fights back against corporate personhood!
- Bumper Music:
- Warning, Incubus.
- Use Somebody, Kings Of Leon.
- Pocket Full Of Sunshine, Natasha Bedingfield.
- Born In The U. S. A., Bruce Springsteen.
- Born To Fly, Sara Evans.
- Crazy, Gnarls Barkley.
- Born Country, Alabama.
- Around The World Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- Democracy, Leonard Cohen.
- You can leave your hat on, Randy Newman.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: “The environment should be put in the category of our national security. Defense of our resources is just as important as defense abroad. Otherwise what is there to defend?” -- Robert Redford.
- Article: Acquisition and Retention of U.S. Citizenship and Nationality by U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs..
Birth on U.S. Military Base Outside of the United States or Birth on U.S. Embassy or Consulate Premises Abroad:
(1) Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities abroad are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not born in the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth.