- Listen live
- Find a station
- Live Blog
- Sue's daily stacks
- Affiliates: commercial
- Affiliates: non-commercial
- John Nichols, Washington Correspondent - The Nation Magazine; Associate Editor-Capital Times; author. Latest from the trenches...Wisconsin's war on Labor.
- Rory Cooper, Heritage Foundation. Why don't conservatives care about the world children will inherit?
- Andy Martin, Andy Martin 2012. How far will birthers go to keep a black person from being President?
- Ari Berman joins Thom from The Nation Magazine. Is there a civil war coming in the GOP?
- Bumper Music:
- They Call Us The Working Class, Walter Trout. – Requested by wallybass
- Watchin' Scotty Go (Gov. Walker), Betsy 1961. – Requested by Peggie
- All You Fascists Bound To Lose , Woody Guthrie. – Requested by Tia 1502
- 9 to 5, Dolly Parton (video). – Requested by Senzasord & Sue N
- Express Yourself, Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd. Street Rhythm Band.
- Step By Step, Jackson Browne. – Requested by Bobby & Victoria Jones
- Working Man, Rush. - Requested by SmokinAces, ophidian65, Tim from LA, & many others
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- Democracy, Leonard Cohen.
- Speech: Jimmy Carter televised "Crisis of Confidence" Speech on July 15, 1979.
"The energy crisis is real. It is worldwide. It is a clear and present danger to our nation. These are facts and we simply must face them. Moreover, I will soon submit legislation to Congress calling for the creation of this nation's first solar bank, which will help us achieve the crucial goal of 20 percent of our energy coming from solar power by the year 2000.
What I have to say to you now about energy is simple and vitally important. Point one: I am tonight setting a clear goal for the energy policy of the United States. Beginning this moment, this nation will never use more foreign oil than we did in 1977 -- never. From now on, every new addition to our demand for energy will be met from our own production and our own conservation.
The generation-long growth in our dependence on foreign oil will be stopped dead in its tracks right now and then reversed as we move through the 1980s, for I am tonight setting the further goal of cutting our dependence on foreign oil by one-half by the end of the next decade -- a saving of over 4-1/2 million barrels of imported oil per day."
Become a Thom Supporter
Click the Patreon button
Syndicated by Pacifica, and simulcast on Free Speech TV Network on Dish Network and DirectTV, and on radio stations, American Forces Radio, and Sirius/XM. Live in the US, Africa, Europe and across North America - more people listen to or watch the TH program than any other progressive talk show in the world.